Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AONE4 from Khartoum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
and the pricing ---- does the americanairlines.eu.amadeus.com site respond, or is it reverting elsewhere?
Yep.

In the past, before leaving the rtw.oneworld.com site after clicking on the "book now" button, a small pop-up window would appear with the final price, asking me to be sure that my credit card would accept such a charge. After acknowledging this, I would be directed to the americanairlines.eu.amadeus.com site you mention, where the price/tax breakdown would be shown, and I would input my payment details.

More recently, the small window has stopped appearing, and when I click 'book now,' I'm taken immediately to the americanairlines.eu.amadeus.com site - where, as before, I'm shown the price/tax breakdown.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
In 12-18 months, we'll have another flight option in and out of KRT now - QR KRT-DOH, twice daily at the moment!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
Something amiss

Tried to price a validated AONE4 itinerary on the online tool and it gives the following error trying to connect to AA amadeus:

"Our lowest fares are not available for the destination and date requested. Please return to the homepage and click on the ?search by schedule? button to find our most attractive fares."

My itinerary was: KRT-AMM(stop)-xLHR-SYD-SIN-TYO-HKG-NYC-SJO-NYC-YVR-DFW-LAX-LON-AMM
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by TopGunner
Tried to price a validated AONE4 itinerary on the online tool and it gives the following error trying to connect to AA amadeus:

"Our lowest fares are not available for the destination and date requested. Please return to the homepage and click on the ?search by schedule? button to find our most attractive fares."

My itinerary was: KRT-AMM(stop)-xLHR-SYD-SIN-TYO-HKG-NYC-SJO-NYC-YVR-DFW-LAX-LON-AMM
I was just able to book $6,799.10 KRT-AMM-LHR-SYD-SIN-HKG-NYC-SFO-EZE-LHR-KRT in F
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
I was just able to book $6,799.10 KRT-AMM-LHR-SYD-SIN-HKG-NYC-SFO-EZE-LHR-KRT in F
I (and others) have been having problems with the on-line tool - especially with ex-KRT itineraries

So a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind that is:
  • by 'just able to book' what do you mean - today, last week, last month or what?
  • did you do the whole booking using the online tool?
  • right through to successful payment by credit card?
  • using a card with a US billing address?

Thanks in advance
and BTW I don't think your final segment was really LHR-KRT was it?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
Never mind

Last edited by TopGunner; Oct 9, 2012 at 5:58 am Reason: Missed who questions were directed to.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
From the US State Department website:
The Government of Sudan routinely denies entry visas to travelers whose passports contain visas issued by the Government of Israel or other evidence of travel to Israel, such as exit or entry stamps.
From the Sudan Embassy website(US):
Passport (must be valid for at least six (6) months and should not have Israeli Visas of Immigration stamps affixed to it).
Does this apply to a same-day turn, or just entry into the country? From posts here, it seems an airport entry permit doesn't require much, but I wonder if one might have problems in the airport?

Originally Posted by checkerboard
Yeah, I totally agree that this should be possible. When buying online, country of origin should serve as country of sale.

Other kinds of discounted fares can sometimes apply residency requirements - but as no such provision exists in the xONEx rules, the billing address of the credit card really should be irrelevant.

As for why AA view this differently, I don't really know, and they didn't really explain. It might be a legitimate exception for ex-KRT tickets, on account of some obscure financial services embargo on Sudan. Or it might just be a more general erroneous reading of the fare rules. In any case, if they refuse to ticket such itineraries - I don't think there's much sense in forcing the point, especially when the option of using a Canadian travel agent provides so easy an alternate mechanism for making the purchase.
In my experience, the AA RTW desk refuses to ticket anything except at the US price, although posts have said that if your credit card has a Canadian address they will ticket it, but subsequent posts said they stopped doing so.

Originally Posted by checkerboard
In the past, before leaving the rtw.oneworld.com site after clicking on the "book now" button, a small pop-up window would appear with the final price, asking me to be sure that my credit card would accept such a charge. After acknowledging this, I would be directed to the americanairlines.eu.amadeus.com site you mention, where the price/tax breakdown would be shown, and I would input my payment details.

More recently, the small window has stopped appearing, and when I click 'book now,' I'm taken immediately to the americanairlines.eu.amadeus.com site - where, as before, I'm shown the price/tax breakdown.
I tried today, and I'm not able to see any prices or get to the booking page, not just for ex-KRT xONEx. Not sure if it's a problem at my end or theirs.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
In my experience, the AA RTW desk refuses to ticket anything except at the US price, although posts have said that if your credit card has a Canadian address they will ticket it, but subsequent posts said they stopped doing so.
They would not do this for me in August.

I tried today, and I'm not able to see any prices or get to the booking page, not just for ex-KRT xONEx. Not sure if it's a problem at my end or theirs.
The tool is working for me, and getting to the amadeus pricing site. However, the prices for ex-KRT itineraries are all coming up as ex-US prices!!!
I don't know why this is happening now, or if it will price correctly when you call the AA RTW office.

Happy Travels.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by NDFan
However, the prices for ex-KRT itineraries are all coming up as ex-US prices!!!
My DONE4 that I'm planning is still pricing up correctly (base fare USD2793 + taxes and fuel fines totalling USD896.09)

Re-did the same itinerary as an AONE4 - and it also priced correctly (base fare USD3872 + taxes and fuels fines totalling USD1003.99) Note: the itinerary actually has NO first class flights, but the tool happily charged me the A fare, I guess because I asked for it

Last edited by pandaperth; Oct 11, 2012 at 8:40 am
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:21 am

Not sure why it is happening, but if I price a saved itinerary (that I know priced correctly before) it either comes up with the ex-US price (US$14,000+ for an AONE3) or I get this error message:

The following error(s) occured

Our lowest fares are not available for the destination and date requested. Please return to the homepage and click on the ?search by schedule? button to find our most attractive fares. (5685 - 2201)

If I build a new itinerary, it prices correctly.

Happy Travels.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by anabolism
Does this apply to a same-day turn, or just entry into the country? From posts here, it seems an airport entry permit doesn't require much, but I wonder if one might have problems in the airport?

A "same day turn" situation that you are describing still requires a visa, a transit visa. I myself would not risk it with Israeli passport stamps, ymmv.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pandaperth
I (and others) have been having problems with the on-line tool - especially with ex-KRT itineraries
I'm not at all sure what changed this evening (perhaps the help desk that you approached is ironing out bugs) but I was able to book and ticket an AONE4 itinerary tonight on the oneworld tool. Current itinerary is KRT - AMM- JFK - SFO - HKG - BKK - HKG - SYD - ZQN/AKL - SYD - HKG - MXP/FCO - LHR - CAI (only the KRT - AMM - JFK flights have usable dates). Ticket was issued by AA, charged to my U.S. issued credit card associated with my U.S. address. Base fare was $3,876 per person, taxes and surcharges were an additional $1,458 per person, which will probably grow to be even more when we make changes (i.e. add the additional 3 flight segments). The only A segments are JFK - SFO, SFO - HKG, HKG - BKK, BKK - HKG - SYD, SYD - HKG - MXP, but ex-KRT they were so inexpensive (adding about $600 over the identical DONE4) that I couldn't resist. We'll be starting from NBO, so are now looking at *A one-way redemptions to get from NBO to KRT next July.

Thanks to all on FT who helped in the planning. Advise re improving the itinerary (other than the first flight) would always be appreciated.

[P.S. I made a point this evening to only fill in required fields (notated with an *) in the passenger and credit card fields. It's ridiculous to think that frequent flyer numbers, street addresses, contact names, mobile phone numbers, Global Entry numbers etc. etc. would be the cause for previous failures, but this confirmation came back very quickly ---- a huge change from previous attempts.]

Last edited by jbalmuth; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:55 pm
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
A "same day turn" situation that you are describing still requires a visa, a transit visa. I myself would not risk it with Israeli passport stamps, ymmv.
Oh, I guess I misunderstood previous posts. I thought an airport entry permit could be used in lieu of a visa. But if I do attempt an ex-KRT I'll get a second passport just to be safe.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
... I was able to book and ticket an AONE4 itinerary tonight on the oneworld tool...issued by AA, charged to my U.S. issued credit card associated with my U.S. address.
Did you receive a ticket number, or just a booking confirmation code?

If the former, it's great to know the bug is fixed. If the latter - the same happened to me, and I thought that all was in order. However, despite having a six-letter PNR, AA never actually ticketed the itinerary. (See my post #277 in this very thread).
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:16 pm

I'm not at all sure what changed this evening (perhaps the help desk that you approached is ironing out bugs) but I was able to book and ticket an AONE4 itinerary tonight on the oneworld tool.
Congratulations, and I sincerely hope that the last-gasp glitch that checkerboard reported does not happen to you.

I don't think my reporting the bug to Oneworld will have had anything to do with your success
- the bug is still there (just re-checked my proposed itinerary - it still fails to price)
- I deliberately decided not to mention ticketing problems to them - keep it simple, one issue at a time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.