Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Any more FTers for the last scheduled DC10 NW98 07JAN07 HNL/MSP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any more FTers for the last scheduled DC10 NW98 07JAN07 HNL/MSP?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
I'm definitely out as of today.

I'm working four consecutive overnights on the Big Island starting the 8th, so I don't need to do this right before.

As I mentioned in another thread, though, I have seats on 98/99 in Y on 27/31 December as part of my final RT to make PE. That'll be my goodbye to the DC-10s. I hope to be on a 330 or two later in January.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by redtailshark
I'll have to get a model D10 for SharkJr and ask the crew to sign it.
or a poster
Old Dec 18, 2006, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by DanTravels
I'm working four consecutive overnights on the Big Island starting the 8th, so I don't need to do this right before.
You may not need to, but you know you want to. C'mon...

Otherwise, if you (or any other FTers) are in the islands and are interested in hanging out with some of the folks on the last flight, there is a DC-10 Retirement DO Pre-DO (Jan. 5 - Jan 7, 2007 in HNL). ^
Old Dec 19, 2006, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Okay, I may be in on some of the pre-DO. I've ordered an XL and an L.

(Hey... can I wear one of them on my pre-pre-DO run on 98/99?)
Old Dec 28, 2006, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Looks like this might be the last call -- availability for the last DC-10 flight is now P2F0Y0.

That translates to two (2) PerkPass (RuleBuster) seats still likely available in F. Total outlay would be 92,500 - 150,000 miles depending on the cabin & PerkSaver vs. PerkPass for the outbound leg(s).

The DC-10 Retirement DO thread is here.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Doggone...I might have to re-think this...my plans have changed such that I might just be able to get away...Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Steve
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by sllevin
Doggone...I might have to re-think this...my plans have changed such that I might just be able to get away...Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Steve
Should be a good time; we've even got some pre-DO functions going on. But if you're interested, better act fast as NW might be holding back a few seats for non-FTers.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Now showing Y5 B5 M5 P2 F0: 5 seats in coach, 2 in first.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
To add to that, booking now in Y would ultimately mean being confirmed in an middle seat on a DC-10 (gag!); meaning a fight to get a CoachChoice seat at OLCI.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:56 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by sllevin

Steve
Me too, but already have plans to attend the BCS championship game on equally difficult AZ flights to book and get upgrades! The hnl trip really sounds like a ball - have a great time.

Go Buckeyes!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM
OP UPs should be interesting

I can't say for sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the FTers seated in Y will be asked to give up their assigned seats and move to F if there is an oversold situation in Y and a few open seats unsold in FC.

Psst, don't think middle seat in Y, you may end up elsewhere.

RC
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Looks like they're throwing around the availability somewhat:
P2 F0 Y7 B6 M6 H0 Q0 V0 L0 T0 K0
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
I can't say for sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the FTers seated in Y will be asked to give up their assigned seats and move to F if there is an oversold situation in Y and a few open seats unsold in FC.
That is if no "F" class seats get opened up 5-, 3-, or 1-day prior to departure for the Hawaii-based elites to snatch up.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slippahs
To add to that, booking now in Y would ultimately mean being confirmed in an middle seat on a DC-10 (gag!); meaning a fight to get a CoachChoice seat at OLCI.
Handicap seats will open up, too. If you scramble at the 24-hour mark, you have a good chance. Only problem is, who's back at his hotel surfing the internet at 5:50 in the evening on vacation in HI?

Availability in F has been holding at P2F0 for a couple days, but there are still 5 unassigned seats in F.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Handicap seats will open up, too. If you scramble at the 24-hour mark, you have a good chance. Only problem is, who's back at his hotel surfing the internet at 5:50 in the evening on vacation in HI?
Well, the departure's at 6:20 p.m., so that'd mean that folks would have to OLCI at 6:20 p.m. on Saturday, 40 minutes prior to dinner at the Willows. So it looks doable for those on the flight and attending the Pre-Do festivities.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:35 pm

I may decide to check-in at HNL just to get the BP on real ticket stock.

I'm a geek...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.