Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Any more FTers for the last scheduled DC10 NW98 07JAN07 HNL/MSP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any more FTers for the last scheduled DC10 NW98 07JAN07 HNL/MSP?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM
If you are an IntraIsland Codeshare flight to HNL connectinmg to NW98 OLCI earlier

If you are flying from LIH on NW 4942/*HA 176 departing LIH at 3:15 PM you can do initiate OLCI at 3:15 PM on Saturday afternoon provided the entire ticket (interisland on HA and NW segments) are on one record locator.

Might be an option for those traveling into HNL from one of the other Hawaiian Islands.

RC
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I may decide to check-in at HNL just to get the BP on real ticket stock.

I'm a geek...
I want the points for Miles Safari. I have my priorities.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I want the points for Miles Safari. I have my priorities.
Good point. I guess it's a good thing that I know how to have my cake and eat it, too.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

I'm a geek...
With CO you can check in on-line and then ask the gate agent to reprint your boarding pass on real ticket stick. They occasionally balk but I've never had my request turned down in the end. I collect them too I'd imagine NW would be willing to reprint for you too.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by xyzzy
With CO you can check in on-line and then ask the gate agent to reprint your boarding pass on real ticket stick. They occasionally balk but I've never had my request turned down in the end. I collect them too I'd imagine NW would be willing to reprint for you too.
Good idea! The WC should be able to that for all 17 of us.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]

I'm a geek...
The frontline counter in HNL has seen just about every type of boarding pass stock ever issued by NW. First it was the regular stiff stock we saw in the early 2000s. Then the flimsy stock. Then the stiffer stock. Then, NW went to a completely different receipt type stock much like the quality of the kisok BPs but in a receipt form.

Last time I checked in on November 8th, the BP was of the regular stock seen at WorldClubs, so I was relieved.

FWIW, the ladies in the HNL WC have no problem reprinting your BP on the hard copy stock. So rest assured.

FWIW2: I'm also a collector of BPs, but notice that the ink fades away quite fast. So make sure to make a scan of this historic BP else be left with nothing more than a blank BP with the nwa logo.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 8:00 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Arrow actual loads...forget that "availability tool" garbage!

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Availability in F has been holding at P2F0 for a couple days, but there are still 5 unassigned seats in F.
Here's the current booking info for the DC-10 sendoff on 1/7/07

============= Flight Load - Flight 98 on 07JAN from HNL ===========
VIA/98/07JANHNL

F: booked 24, capacity 26, authorized 26
Y: booked 251, capacity 247, authorized 258

ergo, Y is already oversold by 4, but F is under by 2. So the net booking for the flight is an oversell of 2.

now, Revenue management will authorize Y up to 258 so they can still sell another 7 seats in Y, futher increasing the oversell to a maximum of 11 for the whole flight.

I'd be happy to re-post the loads later in the week for those of you who care about this sort of thing
Old Jan 1, 2007, 9:49 pm

For many of us FTers, it's going to be tough to give up a bump opportunity if it arises.

Oh, and as for that "availability tool garbage", not everyone is fortunate (unfortunate?) enough to work for said airline and have access to the passenger booking totals. Now of course, if you were trying to fly non-rev on, say CO or someone, then your best bet would actually be some sort of "availability tool garbage". Don't get me wrong, though, I (and likely others) appreciate the booking totals as they are more accurate. Need any totals for US?
Old Jan 2, 2007, 6:55 pm

For many of us FTers, it's going to be tough to give up a bump opportunity if it arises.

Oh, and as for that "availability tool garbage", not everyone is fortunate (unfortunate?) enough to work for said airline and have access to the passenger booking totals. Now of course, if you were trying to fly non-rev on, say CO or someone, then your best bet would actually be some sort of "availability tool garbage". Don't get me wrong, though, I (and likely others) appreciate the booking totals as they are more accurate. Need any totals for US?
I was thinking about the bump opportunities as well and the possibilities that might entail. Flight is only "in the minus" by two seats, odds are that at least two people won't show. Still, you wonder how many people have booked that specific flight just to be on "the last one," versus how many are regular fliers that have no clue they are about to make history. There quite a few non-revs on the list as well...I'd hate to be left at the gate on this one

Interesting though, I see the first flight on the A330 HNL-MSP on 1/8 is very open in "not-really-WBC-since-we-still-market-it-as-domestic-F" class the next day. So, would your savvy FT'er give up a seat on the last DC-10 if you could get confirmed in the FIRST A330 flight in WBC the next day? A quandry...

Lastly, I didn't mean to rub it in that I can check actual loads and you are all stuck with KVS. I just find it funny that everyone acknowledges that availability tools are iffy at best, yet we still find posts like "my flight shows P2 F1 Y3 B3 M3 Q3 H. K. L....what do you think my chances of getting the upgrade as a silver are?" If I had my druthers I'd make a sticky thread so all the aforementioned availability questions get put in there and I dont' have to read them!
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
I just find it funny that everyone acknowledges that availability tools are iffy at best, yet we still find posts like "my flight shows P2 F1 Y3 B3 M3 Q3 H. K. L....what do you think my chances of getting the upgrade as a silver are?" If I had my druthers I'd make a sticky thread so all the aforementioned availability questions get put in there and I dont' have to read them!
Well, having studied availability quite a lot from both the revenue and non-revenue side of the fence, the KVS/ITN availability tools are much more applicable for someone wondering about an EUA than the PBTs are. The fare bucket availability themselves have a direct correlation to the ability for the EUA to process, whereas the PBTs would primarily only be helpful to a revenue passenger if they were trying to get a VDB or to standby for an earlier flight.

Out of curiosity, how many NRSAs are listed right now for NW98?
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:28 pm

Out of curiosity, how many NRSAs are listed right now for NW98?
actually its down a few...right now a total of 7. 4 positive spacers (confirmed in Y) and 3 space-availables.

F is now full (26/26) and Y is over by 5. net oversell of 5. Given the event...If it were me...I'd try for it since 98 leaves before the rest of the west coast red-eyes. If you dont get on you can always go via LAX/PDX/SEA later on.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
actually its down a few...right now a total of 7. 4 positive spacers (confirmed in Y) and 3 space-availables.

F is now full (26/26) and Y is over by 5. net oversell of 5. Given the event...If it were me...I'd try for it since 98 leaves before the rest of the west coast red-eyes. If you dont get on you can always go via LAX/PDX/SEA later on.
Wow, wonder who they filled the last few F seats with...?
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:50 pm

[delete]

Last edited by PurdueFlyer; Oct 9, 2012 at 12:34 pm Reason: delete
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Looks like we're zeroed out.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 7:49 pm

[delete]

Last edited by PurdueFlyer; Oct 9, 2012 at 12:20 pm Reason: delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.