Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Any more FTers for the last scheduled DC10 NW98 07JAN07 HNL/MSP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any more FTers for the last scheduled DC10 NW98 07JAN07 HNL/MSP?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I hope everyone has a great trip back, and I can't wait to see some pictures!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
Captain and Mrs. Branscomb are extremely nice and thanked me for flying Northwest and supporting the airline. He's going to try to get to the airport early.

Thought everyone would like to know.

Enjoy the flight!
Any idea which class they're booked in or when they will check-in? We've got more than enough lounge access to go around and if they'd like to join us, it would be an honor to guest the captain and his wife in.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 5:12 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
MSP StarTribune article in the biz section -- thought everyone would like to see the press on the 'last' DC-10 flight!

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/918356.html

Wish I was booked on this one!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 5:34 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Met a bunch of FT folks last night at the Brew Moon in Ward Center. Everyone's pumped up for tomorrow's festivities.

Redtailfliers, this is a great event.

RTS
Old Jan 7, 2007, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta murdered it. RIP WorldPerks
Of all the times I find myself flying back from Hawaii for business, this unfortunately is not one of them. I have many, many (mostly fond) memories of the DC-10 - huge windows, disco lights, inoperable IFE & APU, barcalounger seats, and most of all many many "fatkins" deli plates and Jack and Pepsis before arriving in HNL.

If my records are correct, I've ridden 26 times: 14 MSP-HNL, 11 HNL-MSP, and 1 HNL-SEA. My first ride was in April 2004 and my last one was shortly before Christmas of this year. Sad to see it go, but I'm taking 99 on MLK day and was even able to cash in miles to make my first A330 ride one up front.

Everybody have a safe and enjoyable flight and post pictures afterwards!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Any idea which class they're booked in or when they will check-in? We've got more than enough lounge access to go around and if they'd like to join us, it would be an honor to guest the captain and his wife in.
I'm not sure what class they were flying in -- assumed coach. I called the Captain last night to tell him about the FT lounge tour and he said he might try to get to the airport around 2:30 ish.

Again, while I'm on the CO redeye to LAX, I'll be thinking about the great trip you're all having!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM Marriott Gold
Wish I could be with you all. I just got back from HNL on the 3rd, working my last DC10 trip. I do know several of the crew working tonight, so you should have an awesome time.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
We all now just passed through security and are in the WC. The excitement can seriously be felt around the lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:38 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by N751PR
We all now just passed through security and are in the WC. The excitement can seriously be felt around the lounge.
Any press at the HNL airport for this final flight of the NW DC10?
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Looks like they are running about 7 minutes ahead of schedule. I admit I am quite envious of those on board at the moment.

I get into MSP at 10am tomorrow morning...will have to swing by F10 to see if the old bird happens to still be sitting there or if she's been towed into the sunset by then.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:11 pm

Programs: WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Phil2016
Looks like they are running about 7 minutes ahead of schedule. I admit I am quite envious of those on board at the moment.

I get into MSP at 10am tomorrow morning...will have to swing by F10 to see if the old bird happens to still be sitting there or if she's been towed into the sunset by then.
NW98 is aloft and due into MSP about 5:48 am local.

I did a screen grab from my flight tracking software but can't figure out how to paste it into the message.

In addition to the pre-flight activities and those in-flight, the arrival will be met by a contingent of NWA folks led by Tim Campbell, VP - Flight Ops, and Suzanne Boda, VP - Inflight.

Thanks to all for the support and interest.

Jon Austin
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Any press at the HNL airport for this final flight of the NW DC10?
I saw no one with a press badge. I've probably got something that says "Press" on it lying around the house somewhere (I'm not, but people get confused sometimes) but didn't take it with me.

That said, I burned through 200+ exposures on my DSLR, SchmutzigMSP had someone's DSLR, almost everyone in the group had digital cameras, and the NW ground staff seemed to all have cameras too - one GA went out and bought one specifically so she could take pictures of the insanity.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:06 am

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Originally Posted by N751PR
Happy Flying!

I will swing by F10 tommorrow too to say "goodbye".
Old Jan 8, 2007, 7:58 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by DanTravels
I saw no one with a press badge. I've probably got something that says "Press" on it lying around the house somewhere (I'm not, but people get confused sometimes) but didn't take it with me.

That said, I burned through 200+ exposures on my DSLR, SchmutzigMSP had someone's DSLR, almost everyone in the group had digital cameras, and the NW ground staff seemed to all have cameras too - one GA went out and bought one specifically so she could take pictures of the insanity.
Looking forward to see those pictures ^
Old Jan 8, 2007, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
DC-10 retirement photos (a bunch from me)

Last edited by DanTravels; Jan 8, 2007 at 1:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.