Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 12:26 pm

I seem to recall this happening for some time a while ago.. Clear your cache and cookies and try again. That fixed it for me last time this was happening.
Old May 21, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
I seem to recall this happening for some time a while ago.. Clear your cache and cookies and try again. That fixed it for me last time this was happening.
For me, it's on 2 different computers, 3 different browsers.. plus a check from my iPhone.

Ron.
Old May 21, 2013, 1:44 pm
s3n

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by newfbc
For me, it's on 2 different computers, 3 different browsers.. plus a check from my iPhone.

Ron.
Same experience here using different computers in different locations.
Old May 21, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
As others have posted, it is a problem w/ National, not my computer/browser.
Old May 21, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, JGC, Asiana Diamond, National EE
I was looking at a one way rental using my free credit from and to airport 1200km away.... and I got this:

(2) Time & Distance ($56.00/Day) $112.00
Discount -$11.20
Discount Coupon Accepted -$100.80
Contract ID Emerald Club Members
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
(4) Additional Driver Included
0 Free Kilometers Included
$0.25 Each Additional Kilometer, Calculated On Return And Actual Kilometers Driven
So does that mean if I drive 1200km I will be charged 300 dollar + tx?!

EDIT: I tried same location return and it gives me 200km / day ...
Old May 21, 2013, 10:45 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Belinik
I was looking at a one way rental using my free credit from and to airport 1200km away.... and I got this:

So does that mean if I drive 1200km I will be charged 300 dollar + tx?!

EDIT: I tried same location return and it gives me 200km / day ...
Yes, that is exactly what it means. Sometimes the rate on those 0 miles included rentals are way low, so it makes sense if you won't be driving much, however if you are driving a lot, it often doesn't make sense. Keep in mind that the mileage is often dictated by the discount code used, so if you don't like the deal being offered, try a different discount code.
Old May 22, 2013, 5:10 pm

One-ways within Canada using the Emerald Club ID do not give free unlimited km's. Using BJs or such will. So can removing the contract ID completely, according to National CS, but it doesn't seem to be possible online.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:00 pm

I have been e-mailing back and forth with National. They were not aware of the errors. Hopefully, they handed it off to their website tech support and can fix it soon. I'd like to be able to access my reservation (made over the phone) and make changes to it, without having to call in.
Old May 22, 2013, 8:43 pm

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
I'm in the same boat with a LHR reservation and national aren't being very helpful
Old May 22, 2013, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
One-ways within Canada using the Emerald Club ID do not give free unlimited km's. Using BJs or such will. So can removing the contract ID completely, according to National CS, but it doesn't seem to be possible online.
Wow thanks for the tip! I was totally bummed when I hear as is(cause it will pretty much render the value close to 0 when you have to pay for mile, and being Exec can only get up to full size). Was so upset to the point I was going to consider the move to hertz as I can rack up some serious aeroplan miles(although at a slightly higher rate).

Tried BJs code and it worked, showed unlimited. and seems like I do not need to be a member to use that code as it is showing in their site.
Old May 23, 2013, 2:35 pm

delete

Last edited by Belinik; May 23, 2013 at 6:08 pm
Old May 23, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Seems you will get locked out if you try to replicate the reservation, it does not seem to be IP based(tried using a vpn), even if you clear browser it will not work.
I managed to unlock myself by using another browser, and try putting another location, and it will allow me to make new reservation.
some browser suggestion:
google chrome, opera, firefox

Hope that helps
I have no problems making reservations at other locations. No matter what I do, different browser, computer, etc. I cannot book at the location I want to.

Ron.
Old May 23, 2013, 5:06 pm

Seems you will get locked out if you try to replicate the reservation, it does not seem to be IP based(tried using a vpn), even if you clear browser it will not work.
I managed to unlock myself by using another browser, and try putting another location, and it will allow me to make new reservation.
some browser suggestion:
google chrome, opera, firefox

Hope that helps
That's not the problem. I can make a reservation at LGA and FLL. I cannot make one at BOS, MHT, and YVR. It seems to be location based.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:37 am

The errors may be over. I was able to access my reservation and I was also able to make a new reservation in Boston.
Old May 29, 2013, 1:22 pm

What happens?

I am a EA member at National but what happens if I go to the aisle and take a car from ES instead? Will i get charged extra?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.