Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Looking to maximize the use of 6 free rental days from ORD over Xmas. Fist time actually using my free days. As an EE, I know my free days are basically good on any car class. On my rental days, the highest car class available is a Premium or the highest SUV is a Premium SUV (Suburban).

I don't want or need an SUV (I drive a lot in Chicago when I am there and don't want to keep buying gas), but would I be better off reserving the Premium SUV to give leverage for the best car possible since the rate will show up significantly higher than reserving the Premium car (~$244 vs ~$645). Or should I just stick with reserving the Premium car.

Note that Luxury is not an available option for my rental days.
Bump... anyone?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm currently Exec and I just completed my 25th rental a couple of weeks ago. Should I expect the status to change to Exec Elite by now? I'm still seeing "Executive" with a expiration date of Feb 28, 2014.

I emailed customer service and they said all accounts will be reviewed on 2/28/14. I thought that if you reached the next tier, you get to enjoy the benefits for the rest of the year too.

Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:01 pm

If I have an emerald reserve reservation, can I still use emerald aisle for the same price if I see something that piques my interest?

Thanks

Last edited by landesb; Dec 9, 2013 at 3:17 pm Reason: Found part of answer
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you are an Emerald Club member with a reservation for midsize or higher you can use the Emerald Aisle. If your reserved class is much higher than midsize you may want the reservation requoted.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:28 pm

Newbie question... How do I check how many rentals I have for the calendar year?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:41 pm

National sends out weekly promo emails as well as a monthly eStatement with your monthly rentals on it. It also has a date that the count is through.

Other than that, unfortunately the only way to tell is to count the rentals from the history page on the website. National could really stand to improve this aspect of the website.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:08 am

Luxury cheaper than mid-size?

Newbie question - recently got a quote for a rental with National at MCO. The price for a "luxury" car was cheaper than mid-size and many other categories. I understand that i would get to choose anything from the luxury aisle. What is the down-side of this? Seems a little too good to be true (ie. choice of luxury aisle vs. choice of EA.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by cjcollins9988
Newbie question - recently got a quote for a rental with National at MCO. The price for a "luxury" car was cheaper than mid-size and many other categories. I understand that i would get to choose anything from the luxury aisle. What is the down-side of this? Seems a little too good to be true (ie. choice of luxury aisle vs. choice of EA.
Not too good to be true. I've seen this happen several times. It's most likely a mistake based on the way their rate-scanning-and-adjusting systems are programmed (or mis-programmed). Grab it while it's there and before they notice it.

You also have access to the EA if you are booked in a midsize or larger. So if you don't like the luxury aisle (i.e. only Town Cars sitting there or something), you can still pick from the EA.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Do Alamo rentals receive rental credit towards free days with National? If so, how do I get my National Emerald Executive number attached to an Alamo rental for credit?

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:51 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Do Alamo rentals receive rental credit towards free days with National? If so, how do I get my National Emerald Executive number attached to an Alamo rental for credit?

Thanks!
EHI has decided to allow Enterprise to cross over with National, but not Alamo. For now, at least, there is no way to credit Alamo rentals to National.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite
I think I've seen in the past that EE free rental credits can be used on cars larger than fullsize. Is this correct? Interested in something that seats 7 for an upcoming trip.

thanks
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by avmba
I think I've seen in the past that EE free rental credits can be used on cars larger than fullsize. Is this correct? Interested in something that seats 7 for an upcoming trip.

thanks
EE free days can be used on just about anything. Have used them for Tahoes before.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Southwest
If I book using Chase UR Portal for National, would I still be able to use the Emerald Aisle option if booking an intermediate car as long as my Emerald Club number is in my UR profile?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:03 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Simon7821
If I book using Chase UR Portal for National, would I still be able to use the Emerald Aisle option if booking an intermediate car as long as my Emerald Club number is in my UR profile?
Yes
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Southwest
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Yes
Great, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.