Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by newfbc
Re Self Upgrading by pilfering ES - go for it! Just like next time you're on a flight and find an empty seat in Business or First.. sit in it, no one will care!

Ron.
You absolutely can self-upgrade, and the airlines love it! Most airlines sell upgrades at check-in (OLCI or at the kiosk).
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:36 am

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rentalguy
Feel free to ask me anything related to National/ Alamo. Sorry I cant help you with spefic fleet/model availability as that varies city to city, state to state.

Thanks.
Hi. Is there a way to change the drivers last name without changing the reservation number and (more importantly)the rates?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:11 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by mad25
Hi. Is there a way to change the drivers last name without changing the reservation number and (more importantly)the rates?
Not online without causing a re-rate. Best to call the 800 number and ask them to change it.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just got my Emerald Club eStatement for June... each time I get it, it comes in text form instead of with HTML (so no graphics, it's just a ton of text and takes longer to read through). I've changed it to HTML several times but it never sticks. Has this happened to anyone else?

-J.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I just got my Emerald Club eStatement for June... each time I get it, it comes in text form instead of with HTML (so no graphics, it's just a ton of text and takes longer to read through). I've changed it to HTML several times but it never sticks. Has this happened to anyone else?

-J.
I haven't paid attention to any emails from National in the last several months, but that sounds familiar. I suppose I can go dig in my email archives and tell you for sure...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by jzweighaft

-J.
I have not had that problem. I get mine in HTML. Have you tried to get it at a different e-mail account?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Was walking past the Hertz lot today.

They were charging $40/day EXTRA for a Ford Edge, $99/day EXTRA for a '14 Jeep Laredo (not even the Limited) and $150/day EXTRA for a '12 Mercedes GLK-350.

I chuckled to myself.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, JGC, Asiana Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Was walking past the Hertz lot today.

They were charging $40/day EXTRA for a Ford Edge, $99/day EXTRA for a '14 Jeep Laredo (not even the Limited) and $150/day EXTRA for a '12 Mercedes GLK-350.

I chuckled to myself.
must be catching those who does not rent car normally?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Two questions:

How can I add additional drivers that wont be with me during pickup?

I need a 7pax vehicle but the SUVs are crazy expensive so I have a mini-van. If by some miracle there happens to be a 7pax SUV in the EA when I go to pick up the van, could I take it ?

Last edited by poser; Jun 18, 2013 at 6:15 pm
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Are your additional drivers family with the same address on their drivers license? If they are you don't need to add them since Emerald Club member's family members are automatically authorized. If not them you can add them by stopping at a station and add them.

It would indeed be a miracle for a 7 pax SUV to be in EA, much more likely to find a minivan there. You can double book - 1 minivan and 1 EA reservation each - but make sure to cancel prior to approach the checkout booth.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:30 am

long time lurker first time poster..

trying to find a code that works for unlimited miles for national..

from toronto canada to windsor canada im getting 75$ plus .20 cents a mile

any help would be appreciated
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: IHG Plat, JGC, Asiana Diamond, National EE
emerald club id will make it limited..... try BJ's code in the discount / contact ID thread.
Price may jump up due to season/festival. depend on pricing with bj's ID for 350km you may want to consider just eat the 20 cent /km.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Belinik
emerald club id will make it limited..... try BJ's code in the discount / contact ID thread.
Price may jump up due to season/festival. depend on pricing with bj's ID for 350km you may want to consider just eat the 20 cent /km.
thank your for your prompt response.

will try and post results cheers +1 karma

edit; Booked via car & driver code should come out to 120usd with the extra miles charge.

Last edited by freshpl; Jun 20, 2013 at 11:38 am
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
I got charged in NY for add'l driver fee each day $3, but for 4 weeks it came out almost $90, isn't there a law in NY that maximum a car rental can charge for add'l driver is $35?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:54 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by fresar
I got charged in NY for add'l driver fee each day $3, but for 4 weeks it came out almost $90, isn't there a law in NY that maximum a car rental can charge for add'l driver is $35?
If you are a member of National Emerald or Alamo Insiders, the fee likely should have been waived. See here for more info. It might be worth calling them to see if they will credit you back. If you're not already a member, sign up quick!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.