Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at CMH (Columbus, OH)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 9:29 am

Picked up Friday night, same mix of GM cars and SUV's in EA and ES, took a Buick Verano.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:14 am

Same......Chevy chevy chevy...Buick buick buick....

Took an Equinox, POS!
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:04 am

Same mix as always.

EA = Chevy Cruz Club.
ES = Malibus and weak Chevy SUVs.

There was one Verano right near the booth and I took that.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:52 am

Same old GM crap, someone needs to burn all the GM cars so maybe we can get something decent from this location.

This is the worst National location in the entire U.S.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:25 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
This location sucks

Had a P-car selection, guy acted angry that I had one and didn't know if they did have one. Pulled up a new Impala.

Before I was pulling up at the gate, a lady came up and asked me to sign a damage form and submit it at the gate which I've never had ever before at a National location.

Saw a guy going nuts about not having any SUVs availble there.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:34 am

The rates at the CMH National have gone pretty haywire. You used to be able to get the midsize rate for $18 on the weekend, then it was $20, then it was $25, and now it's $37?!

I'm done with these guys. Just submitted my status match request to Avis so I can give them a try at CMH.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL GM
Also concur National sucked at CMH. It was all Chevy's (Cruze, Malibu, etc.) in the Executive section and I ended up picking a Equinox (the only SUV left) with like 19k miles on it.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy
This location sucks

Before I was pulling up at the gate, a lady came up and asked me to sign a damage form and submit it at the gate which I've never had ever before at a National location.
I just experienced this too. I said, what is this, I've never seen this, and her response was, we are a franchise location.

So does that mean you get to do whatever you want? You have a big green sign that says National, it should be the same as any other location.

My company has LDW built into their rate, so I really don't care, but still, I didn't appreciate this. If I wanted to do a damage inspection I would have rented from Enterprise.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:39 am

I came though on Thanksgiving and this was the first time I saw something other than Cruzes on the EA.

EA: Cruz (as always), Malibu, Trax
ES: Malibu, Impala, Verano, Regal, Equinox

The Equinox was a bare-bones trim so I skipped that and went with a Regal with 25k miles that had power seats and leather. To my surprise it also had working XM.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Willyk9
Same old GM crap, someone needs to burn all the GM cars so maybe we can get something decent from this location.

This is the worst National location in the entire U.S.
I could not agree more!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
All GM cars in EA/ES. Redesigned Malibu, old Malibu, Malibus in any color you want, 3 Equinox, one Impala. This is a licensee location. Guess the owner probably owns a Chevy dealership.

Saw two Veranos in Full Size but one had 27K and the other had 34K on the odometer.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:13 am

They now have a large banner at their storage lot advertising that they are hiring. I guess even the employees grow tired of driving the same Cruzes and Malibus every day!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: delta, hilton
I was flying in and wanted something nice for my vacation, called ahead of time to talk with the counter person. Asked about either upgrading my reservation to make sure I got something nice, I am executive level. Was told the best I could hope for is a chevy equinox.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
If special is what you're looking for, then don't rent from National at CMH.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
The CMH National is a franchise owned by a Chevy dealership, hence all the terrible cars. There were quite a few nicer (non-Chevy) cars, but they are only for one-way rentals out of CMH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.