Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at CMH (Columbus, OH)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: National - Executive Elite
Rivian?

Just returned a rental and saw a Rivian R1S tucked back in the corner. Has anyone heard of any Rivians in the fleet?
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by cmshields
Just returned a rental and saw a Rivian R1S tucked back in the corner. Has anyone heard of any Rivians in the fleet?
One spotted at DCA.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 12:41 pm

I picked up today around 10am, the selection was better than expected and almost took a loaded Hyundai Tucson but saw the Rivian R1S I mentioned above tucked back in a corner. I asked a staff member about it and he gladly gave it to me without even asking me my status.

This thing is just mind-blowingly quick.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 9:51 am
CS

Programs: Southwest A+ Preferred, National Executive Elite, Hertz Five Star
I picked up today around 10am, the selection was better than expected and almost took a loaded Hyundai Tucson but saw the Rivian R1S I mentioned above tucked back in a corner. I asked a staff member about it and he gladly gave it to me without even asking me my status.

This thing is just mind-blowingly quick.
Flying into CMH tomorrow, hopefully they have this, want to try it! Great update.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:20 pm

Did you snag it? Wasn't there when I returned yesterday.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 6:11 pm
CS

Programs: Southwest A+ Preferred, National Executive Elite, Hertz Five Star
Did you snag it? Wasn't there when I returned yesterday.
Nope, I asked the greeter and he said it was “out, or maybe someone had it for a one way.” He also said it was took way too long to charge. I was disappointed! He let me get a BMW 540i instead.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:07 pm

Ah shucks, too bad! Not a bad replacement though. I ended up with an Alfa Romeo Stelvio yesterday.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
I've been renting here frequently over the last year and have found the selection is either amazing or awful - typically no in between. Last night was a tick mark for amazing (strange for a Monday). Some highlights:

-BMW 330i/530e/X3
-Audi A3/A4/A5
-Challenger R/T
-Volvo S60/XC60
-Alfa Romeo Giulia
-Mustang GT

I took the 530e but was disappointed to find it at 0% charge. Oh well, it's charging up now. Awesome car, and surprisingly well appointed (xdrive, executive, driver assist pro).

Also of note for this location - they have an upgrade section and typically park their nicer vehicles in it, but rarely have tags indicating an upcharge. Now I need to find that Rivian!
funnyfarm299, m907 and oftech like this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 11:17 am

That's a pretty crazy lineup for Monday at CMH! I rarely see any of the Germans on either aisle.

I've never seen a tag indicating an upgrade fee for those vehicles tucked in the upgrade section. I've always had to ask. Often I've asked, and they've just let me take one for no upcharge.

I'm the one that snagged the Rivian, and I haven't seen it since...
oftech likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
I've never seen a tag indicating an upgrade fee for those vehicles tucked in the upgrade section. I've always had to ask. Often I've asked, and they've just let me take one for no upcharge.
I don't even ask, I just drive off. I figure if they want to upcharge they would have a tag And when I see a base Mazda CX-5 parked there, it tells me they don't really pay attention, anyway.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:17 pm

...Fair points, all fair points.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:46 am

Returned a car yesterday, among the usual suspects I spotted a Genesis G80 and two Land Rover Defenders (At least one of which I'm hoping to grab on Thursday)
Tried to get something nice last Friday for my rental but was told everything even moderately luxury was reserved for parents coming in for OSU's graduation...
Ended up with a '24 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, the new model is a big improvement over the previous.
funnyfarm299 and m907 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.