Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at CMH (Columbus, OH)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Cars at CMH (Columbus, OH)

Any recent experiences with the ES at CMH?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I arrived around 10p on a Saturay night and the ES had nothing but Chevy Malibus.

I ended up with a 2009 Malibu with 2k miles, leather and XM.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by sdm1130
I arrived around 10p on a Saturay night and the ES had nothing but Chevy Malibus.

I ended up with a 2009 Malibu with 2k miles, leather and XM.
Hey, at least CMH has the '09 Malibus with leather and XM! DCA, a major airport, only has the horrible pre-updated Malibus...
Old Nov 9, 2008, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Hey, at least CMH has the '09 Malibus with leather and XM!
Very true. They were decent cars for a smaller airport. The thumbs down was mostly for the lack of variety in the selection.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Emerald Aisle @ CMH = What color HHR do you want?

Emerald Executive @ CMH = What color Malibu do you want?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Emerald Aisle - do you want an HHR or Vibe?
-actually I did see a G6 coupe on the way out that I probably should've gone back and taken but I was almost out with my Malibu.

Emerald Executive - do you want a Malibu or Impala?

This was April 5th @ 7:30pm. This was the first time in about 2 months I rented with National at CMH as I have been exclusively with Avis. Only reason I rented with National was I needed 2 more rentals to get another free day. After that it's back to Avis (Avalons, Muranos, Camrys, oh my)!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 5:05 pm

ES today had about 10 Malibu's and 10 Impala's.
EA had Impala's, Malibu's, and a couple of Pontiac vibes.

This was about 11am on Monday after July 4th.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 5:09 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Spac3d
ES today had about 10 Malibu's and 10 Impala's.
EA had Impala's, Malibu's, and a couple of Pontiac vibes.

This was about 11am on Monday after July 4th.
I think it was Sunday unless you're psychic
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
I think it was Sunday unless you're psychic
Oops, yes it was!

I checked on Monday when I returned the car and it was virtually the same, just less cars.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: B6, DL, UA
Was there today, about 15 Pontiac Vibes. That was the only choice.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC 100k, SPG Platinum, Avis PC, National Exec
Monday morning ES was full of Malibu's and Impala's and HHR's, as usual.

EA had a G6 GXP (or GTP, whatever it is), and a Traverse! Should have grabbed the Traverse but didn't see it at first and was already in line with a Malibu.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 2:09 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Want2Fly4ever
Monday morning ES was full of Malibu's and Impala's and HHR's, as usual.

EA had a G6 GXP (or GTP, whatever it is), and a Traverse! Should have grabbed the Traverse but didn't see it at first and was already in line with a Malibu.
That's just backwards - ES should have "nicer" cars than EA - besides Malibu's should not be on ES anymore since the classification is now Standard which is one below Fullsize.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
Lack of selection

Rented here the past two weeks. The only cars they have in ES and EC are Malibus. Pretty disappointed in their selection.

Considering the switch to Hertz as I will be coming to CMH every week until April.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:29 pm

I had the same experience with Malibu's and HHR's. CMH is an awful station - a cheap, horribly run (non-corporate) station with a poor selection, and even worse employees. National seriously either needs to take this over (Columbus after all, is Ohio's largest city) or get this franchise to run to higher standards. Forget about returning to another city as well...thats always a struggle.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Angry

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
CMH is an awful station - a cheap, horribly run (non-corporate) station with a poor selection, and even worse employees. National seriously either needs to take this over (Columbus after all, is Ohio's largest city) or get this franchise to run to higher standards. Forget about returning to another city as well...thats always a struggle.
Concur. National/Alamo at CMH is terrible. I was lied to, treated rudely and ripped off -- a huge change in rate to their "franchise" rate, despite them telling me specifically that it would not be changed.

(Me, on phone to CMH Counter: If I drop off the car at CMH instead of CLE, will there be any additional charges or fees?
Them: (checking my reservation) No. Drop fee is already in your rate.
Me: Well, it was a drop fee for CLE... so dropping it off at CMH is just the same rate?
Them: Yes.)

Because of them, I have instituted my personal "I will never ever rent from Alamo or National, even if I have to take the bus and walk" policy. Previously, I used to actually seek out Alamo/National...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.