Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at CMH (Columbus, OH)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:24 am

This location is showing its age in more ways than one. Tuesday night was mostly base trim pickups, Grand Caravans, lower-trim Altimas and Fusions. Only interesting cars were two high-mileage Camaros and a high-mileage Infiniti QX60.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:23 pm

Picked up from Executive Selection Saturday morning

A bunch of V6 Chargers and Challengers. Some of each had AWD
Base Mustang
Base Camaro
Camaro SS convertible
GMC Terrain
Maxima
RAV4
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:59 am

Picked up Friday night, 31 Jan. and was able to get a BMW 330i X drive. Also had a XT4 in the exec section, I didn't go down the entire row as I just saw the BMW and ran, but what I could see was a couple challengers, camero convt, trucks and SUVs. When I dropped off Sunday morning, exec had wranglers, xt4, no bmw but i did see 2 in the luxury section.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: National Exec.
Got into the National Exec aisle at CMH around 7:30pm on a Monday night.

To my surprise the lot was pretty full. Someone was driving away with a Camero and a Jeep Wrangler pulled up. Right up front was. BMW 330i XDrive, red. I was so happy. And i was loading my bag i saw a BMW X3 parked about 100 feet away. I took all my stuff out of the 330 and walked over and took the X3 XDrive.

Lot was full of all sorts of vehicles, i remember seeing a mustang convertible, a Dodge Durango, Dodge Challenger and the other usual fare.

Sat in the X3 for about 10 mins. To get the CarPlay to work(that was a nightmare, had to call BMW corporate) and the 330i was still there when i was pulling toward the booths. Right up front, i guess it wasn’t that busy or something.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:32 pm

visited on a Saturday in May '21. plenty of cars (notable given dearth of cars in other locales during this post-COVID travel boom), but not a particularly impressive selection, and not much difference between Exec. and regular aisle. A ton of RAV-4's and Jeep Compasses, and mediocre sedans (Altimas, etc.). Lot of cars w/ 30k, 40k+ odometers so check yours before driving away...there were a few lower mileage cars upon closer inspection.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:04 pm

The new rental car facility at CMH is open (apparently it opened in September). It's considerably less dark and dreary than the old one, which is good, but now it requires taking a shuttle instead of the brief walk to the old facility. That's a definite downgrade.

The selection had nothing of note, but that's partly due to it being a week before Christmas.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:48 pm

Picked up today 6/20 aroudn 630p. As noted above, there is a shuttle to the car rental lot, but not too long of a ride and the busses are clearly marked in all purple (the signs pointing to car rental are also purple which I thought was super handy for a first-timer).

Whole lot for National/Enterprise was pretty sparse. We had a full-size enterprise reservation, was given a chevy trax from EE because they had no clean sedans for us.
EE: some pacificas, some other SUVs (think ford edge, jeep compass, etc. types but differing makes and models), nothing too exciting honestly. Don't remember specifics of vehicles but was pretty meh.
EA: choose your color mitsubishi mirage. Seriously though, they had about 12 of these down the line and that is all I saw in EA. They might have been being nice and giving lots of free upgrades though like they did for us. There was at least one ford in the mix but still the same type and size of vehicle. Nothing exciting once again unless you love gas mileage.
funnyfarm299 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:58 pm

Strolled through upon our return, 6/23 around 445p. Many more vehicles than when we arrived.
Exec: only standing out ones were the black grand cherokee and chrysler 300. Plenty of sedans, mid-SUVs, and some pickups as well
EA: had some larger vehicles than a little beer can, but not a ton still. Ford ecosport, camry, couple others similar.

One interesting note: up by their booth, there were a couple spots with an EA sign above, and in the spot was a Kia Niro EV (wish I would've grabbed a pic). I inquired if this was an aisle vehicle and the two attendants seemed a little unsure, but were also pretty confident that if it was there and wanted to take it, they'd make it work, especially as EE. She said they have a few of them that come and go in their fleet, and may be just charging elsewhere so if you're ever interested, never hurts to ask.

Exec1

Exec2

Exec3 - Grand Cherokee and 300

Aisle
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up Monday night at 10:30 PM. I note that since my last visit to CMH there's now an unnecessarily large and expensive consolidated rental car facility which requires a bus ride.

The proverbial quantity but no quality (the Cadillac on the right was a paid upgrade). Frankly a Ford EcoSport should never be in Executive. I ended up in a 2022 Malibu LT with 11,000 miles and XM.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:35 pm

Just picked up around 845 4/18
EA: Totally Empty
Executive: Chevy Trax, 2 Jeep Gladiators, a few Pacificas, Durango RT, Highlander with trailer hitch (probably bought used), a Challenger, 2 Rogues and what I took a 2023 Buick Envision with 13k miles thats extremely scratched but well equipped with sunroof, leather (could be leatherette), Kansas plates with a dealer sticker
Upgrades: A couple Audi Sedans, BMW SUVs
Old Apr 28, 2023, 6:47 am

Returned this morning:
EA: Ecosport
Executive: Outlander Sport, Outlander, Q5, Taos, old and new Grand Cherokee, old Sportage, RAV4, Frontier, Tacoma, Malibus.
There really seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what they stock on the Executive Aisle.

By the way and I mentioned this in another post, they charged me for .7 gallons of gas after I topped off the tank within 2 miles of the airport…customer service assisted but beware.

Last edited by mmo1184; Apr 28, 2023 at 7:04 am Reason: More information
Old May 18, 2023, 8:29 am

Last 3 out of the 4 times I have rented, there have been little to no cars on the ES requiring me to wait a bit for something that I was willing to take. However, there was always something available (minivan, truck, econobox, etc) for those who were in a rush and just had to get going.

In contrast, last night when returning around 7:30pm, not only was there nothing available on the aisles, but there was a line of probably 50+ people deep going into the building. Never seen that before. Not sure what the deal is.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 5:35 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by canyoncar
In contrast, last night when returning around 7:30pm, not only was there nothing available on the aisles, but there was a line of probably 50+ people deep going into the building. Never seen that before. Not sure what the deal is.
No cars at all yesterday afternoon when I arrived. Short line when I arrived, but it had grown to 15-20 (National, Alamo, and Enterprise) by the time I left. The process -- you have to wait for a car to be processed and bought out to the National entrance at the garage -- went smoothly enough that it seemed like a regular occurrence at this location. I got something I wanted, but had to wait about 15 minutes.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: National - Executive Elite
Originally Posted by wm47
No cars at all yesterday afternoon when I arrived. Short line when I arrived, but it had grown to 15-20 (National, Alamo, and Enterprise) by the time I left. The process -- you have to wait for a car to be processed and bought out to the National entrance at the garage -- went smoothly enough that it seemed like a regular occurrence at this location. I got something I wanted, but had to wait about 15 minutes.
I've found this is SUPER common on Monday-Wednesday and the complete opposite Friday-Sunday. Its bizarre.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 7:01 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by cmshields
I've found this is SUPER common on Monday-Wednesday and the complete opposite Friday-Sunday. Its bizarre.
Not really, the location serves primarily business travelers and those folks are all leaving town by Thursday/Friday.
funnyfarm299 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.