Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Doesn't the Q50 have a turbo?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:05 pm

Delete me

Last edited by Goofology; Jul 20, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
[...]trying to remember what Audi/BMW I have had that may have had a turbo...nothing coming to mind.

Welcome to FlyerTalk
It’s hard (impossible?) for me to get an Audi/BMW/Merc without a turbo lately.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
Doesn't the Q50 have a turbo?
QX50, sorry, fixed.

Nissan/Infiniti has lagged behind in the “everything turbocharged” bandwagon, presumably because they’ve been busy developing their new VC-Turbo engine (which will soon be in everything they offer if it proves reliable).
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Goofology

Eh, first time renting from CMH today, EE member. When I first spoke to the greeter about "something exciting" he said "good luck" (politely at least). Asked the guy for an A/Q3 or Explorer Sport, he said nope. I waited an hour, passing over Hyundai, Kia, base model F150s, minivans, couple QX50s, tons of Nissan Armadas, a few Suburbans and Excursions. Ended up getting a Durango from the 'locked' aisle behind EA as a compromise offered by the attendant when I saw the EE and EA aisles were emptying out and not being replenished. Plenty of Cadillacs and SUVs in the "locked" aisle. Also seems there is a dedicated row of cars on back wall for other purposes as mentioned in previous posts.

Overall worst selection I've experienced in my ~1 year membership, but I'm picky - if it doesn't have a turbo, I'm not interested.
Excursion? You mean Expedition?
Goofology likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:50 pm

Fixed. I only saw the front - looked massive and different than anything I'd ever seen, I assumed they had re-released the Excursion. Might as well be. Wonder if it's bigger than the original Excursion.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
This morning at around 9:30 am the Executive aisle had a base Corola, base Sentra, Santa Fe Sport, 4 Hyundai Tucsons, Fusion Hybrid, Nissan Frontier SV, Dodge Grand Caravan and a Lincoln MKX which I took. Emerald Aisle had 2 Mitsubishi Mirages. Who would pick those? Or the Corolla and Sentra from the Executive aisle.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:08 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by Putnik
This morning at around 9:30 am the Executive aisle had a base Corola, base Sentra, Santa Fe Sport, 4 Hyundai Tucsons, Fusion Hybrid, Nissan Frontier SV, Dodge Grand Caravan and a Lincoln MKX which I took. Emerald Aisle had 2 Mitsubishi Mirages. Who would pick those? Or the Corolla and Sentra from the Executive aisle.
Economy cars on the Emerald Aisle and Mid-Size on the Executive Aisle?

Sounds like Corporate is still trying to live up to the shizzy reputation of this location under Midwest Car Corp...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:42 am

Maybe it's the same staff? Just different management and cars?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
Economy cars on the Emerald Aisle and Mid-Size on the Executive Aisle?

Sounds like Corporate is still trying to live up to the shizzy reputation of this location under Midwest Car Corp...
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Maybe it's the same staff? Just different management and cars?
Now that it is corporate owned, would it be worthwhile to call National and complain? On National's web site it says that Executive aisle has cars Full Size and above (are Rogue, Tucson etc above full size) and Emerald aisle is Midsize or above.
The cars at this location generally have higher mileage than what I have seen at other locations. There was an Impala Premier last week with 52k miles.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:50 am

Then maybe it's also the same cars, but corporate bought them all out?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:15 am

At around 9:30 am today, picked up a Mustang Convertible with 22k miles from the Executive Aisle, I also saw a Beetle Convertible in the Emerald Aisle. I didn't pay attention to the rest of the cars, but looked to be mostly SUVs and vans.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
The location seems to have rotated out most of the Chevrolet products, but seems to have rather limited inventory, and the customer service is still very poor and very slow at all interactions (check in and exit booth). I am talking like 10 minutes at the exit booth to process the rental. I have no CLUE how it can take that long. Definitely still felt like Midwest Car Corp.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:17 pm

First time renting from this location.

Executive Selection this morning wasn't remarkable.

Chevy Impala, Nissan Frontier, Nissan Altima, Kia Sorento.
I snagged a 2019 Cadillac XT5 as soon as it was brought out.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:19 pm

Not much of a selection this past Monday in Executive. Mostly lower trim Altimas, with one low trim Maxima, a bunch of Hyundai SUVs, a few smaller Chevy SUVs, a Jeep Wrangler 4-door and one Cadillac XTS that was already claimed when I got there. Even had some Elantras out, which definitely didn't seem like an Executive Aisle product. Similar selection (minus the XTS) when walking through post-return.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:18 am

Nice to see no more Chevy, Chevy, Chevy.......

ES selection much better than the past but still hard to find anything “nice”.

Couple months back asked the greeter is there was anything real nice and ended up with a new BMW X2.

Nice sporty ride but not good on rough road surfaces.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.