Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 11:06 am

Have a reservation in September, with National tho. But if they offer me a MB CLA im gonna be pissed so badly, and require them to find us something differently.

I dont understand how they can call it a luxury car? Its so small, compared to the size of the XTS they use as example.

I mean when you book a luxury car, you expect a luxurious one, big, lots of space and so on. the MB CLA has none of it.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Theduck1992
Have a reservation in September, with National tho. But if they offer me a MB CLA im gonna be pissed so badly, and require them to find us something differently.

I dont understand how they can call it a luxury car? Its so small, compared to the size of the XTS they use as example.

I mean when you book a luxury car, you expect a luxurious one, big, lots of space and so on. the MB CLA has none of it.
Luxury has nothing to do with size. There are low level vehicles with huge space...and there are highly luxurious cars with smaller spaces.

You should reserve by size rather than luxury if space is what you need.
Yellowjj likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:55 pm

Some of the most luxurious cars, are small in size.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Luxury has nothing to do with size. There are low level vehicles with huge space...and there are highly luxurious cars with smaller spaces.

You should reserve by size rather than luxury if space is what you need.
Of course! But using a Cadillac XTS as an example for the car, i know its says similar i would still expect to have a car fairly close to the size of the XTS in terms of space for bath front and back passenger and the trunk space. I just cannot agree that i Mercedes CLA and Cadillac XTS are similar in size.. I dont know of the Cadillac is the size of a Audi A4/BMW 3-Series/MB C-class or the A6/BMW 5-Series/E-class size, but it is def not a CLA, which is on the size of a golf? Just because it has a MB logo it does not make i luxury..
Old May 28, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
National used to carry ATS, but it got phased out.

Yeah the larger lux cars are a different rental category from luxury.

Hard to say though because lux tends to just land me in whatever they got on the lot since there are't LCARs usually.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
National used to carry ATS, but it got phased out.

Yeah the larger lux cars are a different rental category from luxury.

Hard to say though because lux tends to just land me in whatever they got on the lot since there are't LCARs usually.
Thats also fair enough that Escalades, A6 and larger cars are different.. I would just expect a car near the size of the XTS. We will be renting a LCAR for almost 3 weeks in September, so hope to get a large car since we will be driving ALOT. Perhaps if they offered us a CLA i could ask for a SUV size car? I dont mind if it is a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tahoe or whatever..
Old May 29, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Until a few years ago, when renting a luxury car one was given either a Town Car or other large Caddy. One was basically guaranteed a land yacht. Many people are still expecting that, even though the offerings have changed, though not necessarily for the best.
Auto Enthusiast and ginmqi like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:52 am

Thats also fair enough that Escalades, A6 and larger cars are different.. I would just expect a car near the size of the XTS. We will be renting a LCAR for almost 3 weeks in September, so hope to get a large car since we will be driving ALOT. Perhaps if they offered us a CLA i could ask for a SUV size car? I dont mind if it is a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tahoe or whatever..
I find that with a LUX reservation, you are given pretty much almost free reign over the lot. My last lux booking, there was only a Infiniti Q50 in the lux stalls, so the attendant told me to choose from anything in a "Specialty" row. There were Navigators, SUV's and even Minivans. If you don't like the choices and need something with a larger trunk, they would have no problem accommodating you.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Deleted

Last edited by aSiAnRiCk; Jun 6, 2018 at 8:33 am Reason: Dup/cross-thread
Old May 31, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I find that with a LUX reservation, you are given pretty much almost free reign over the lot. My last lux booking, there was only a Infiniti Q50 in the lux stalls, so the attendant told me to choose from anything in a "Specialty" row. There were Navigators, SUV's and even Minivans. If you don't like the choices and need something with a larger trunk, they would have no problem accommodating you.
I hope that will happen for us when we come in September, in case they offer a CLA or something like that size. We will be driving around for 3 weeks so we have a lot of luggage with us. And to be honest, being from Europe id like to drive an american car, or something we dont really see often here in Europe.. Unless its larger cars.. but would prefe an american car to begin with haha
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I hope that will happen for us when we come in September, in case they offer a CLA or something like that size. We will be driving around for 3 weeks so we have a lot of luggage with us. And to be honest, being from Europe id like to drive an american car, or something we dont really see often here in Europe.. Unless its larger cars.. but would prefe an american car to begin with haha
Set up 2 reservations - 1 lux and 1 at the midsize for aisle access. If you don't see what you like in lux, cancel the lux reservation and take a car from the aisle.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by choatie88
Alamo's only LCAR option today was a base M-B CLA. At least it has leather seats. Nice enough but it was a struggle to get all of my luggage into it.
Returned the car today and noticed the actual car class is RXAR. Was this a downgrade? If so, am I entitled to any recourse?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by choatie88
Returned the car today and noticed the actual car class is RXAR. Was this a downgrade? If so, am I entitled to any recourse?
I was able to snag a CLA off of the EC aisle over on OGG when I only had a midsized booking...so guess it is technically less than a LCAR. I'd call/email and see what they can do for you.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:51 pm

Picked up Friday, 6/1 around 6pm. Nothing really special in Executive — lots of Nissan sedans/SUVs, Hyundai SUVs, VW Atlas, a Challenger or two, at least one Camaro, and maybe a Charger. The only cars I had any interest in were a 4Runner with cloth, a CX-5 Grand Touring, and an XTS with 15K on it. I was about to take the XTS, but noticed several more in an unmarked section of the lot and got the OK to take one of those with less than 1.5K. It’s a boat but fit my needs for the weekend.

Last edited by KE81; Jun 3, 2018 at 7:33 pm
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:01 pm

Are there often 8 (as opposed to 7) seater vans in the aisle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.