Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by dect002
Anybody been to this location recently? Having a pick-up on the 24th dec. Not sure what will be on the lot this time.
If my own personal experience and some anecdotes on here were to be used as gauge....a date like that probably means extremely slim pickings on the aisle due to the major holiday....and big travel for lot of people and lack of cars as well as likely bigger vehicles being reserved/sold out....YMMV of course
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by dect002
Anybody been to this location recently? Having a pick-up on the 24th dec. Not sure what will be on the lot this time.
Took a Land Rover Discovery Sport the other day. It was a nice drive but slim on options. Exec aisle was full but nothing interesting. I did see a Miata, but it was too small for my needs, otherwise I would have taken it.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:57 am

Thank you both for your replies. Yeah, i do see miatas sometimes at this location. It would be a fun car to drive.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AA, National, Hertz
Picking up in Emerald Isle in LAX on Saturday 7PMish. I'll be heading up to Yosemite for Christmas and snow is expected. What are the chances I'll be able to get a 4WD something in Emerald Isle?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by brik
Picking up in Emerald Isle in LAX on Saturday 7PMish. I'll be heading up to Yosemite for Christmas and snow is expected. What are the chances I'll be able to get a 4WD something in Emerald Isle?
Last year (also winter time) I was picking up from LAX and asked for a 4WD, lot attendant said they usually don't have those in SoCal. I ended up taking a FWD Acadia. Not sure if that's changed or not.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:56 pm

Maybe check for SUVs with out of state plates? Surely at least some of them came one-way from a colder state, and thus has AWD? If it's from, say, NJ (easy to find, with obnoxious yellow plates), or CO (also easy to find, red plates with a Rocky Mountain silhouette and FLT written down the side), the mileage might be a lot higher than the other choices, but at least it will meet your needs.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Executive Elite
Picked up a 2019 Dodge Charger R/T (150 miles) from EE last Friday 12/21/18. EE was packed full of 2 door muscle cars, both convertible and coupes, Challengers, Mustangs, Camaros. Saw Challenger R/T, Camaro SS, Beetle Turbo Convertibles, Ford Fusion, lots of full size trucks, 4 door and 2 door Jeep Wrangler, and the other usual stuff. Didn't see too many vehicles that carried more than 5 that day.
ginmqi likes this.

Last edited by wooward; Dec 27, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:26 am

Wow very interesting. Didn't think a trim like the Scat Pack would show up. At 480+hp it's likely 1 of the most powerful sports cars (muscle car I guess) you can get outside of any exotic/corvette-level reservation.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Wow very interesting. Didn't think a trim like the Scat Pack would show up. At 480+hp it's likely 1 of the most powerful sports cars (muscle car I guess) you can get outside of any exotic/corvette-level reservation.
My mistake, I looked up the vin and it was a regular R/T. I thought since it had launch control it was the scat pack version with the larger 6.4L v8
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:35 pm

Pick up 12/22, due to holiday weekend the lot was pretty much empty, 2 challengers and 1 camaro only. Everyone was lining up and waiting for the lot attendant to deliver cars to the lot, ended up with an almost new Infinity Q50 as EE with roundtrip reservation.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:41 pm

What time did you pick up 12/22? I picked mine up around 1:30pm on 12/21 and it was quite full. Crazy how things change so quickly. I’ve found Friday’s afternoon have the best selection due to all the business returns in the morning.

Originally Posted by Yu Zhong
Pick up 12/22, due to holiday weekend the lot was pretty much empty, 2 challengers and 1 camaro only. Everyone was lining up and waiting for the lot attendant to deliver cars to the lot, ended up with an almost new Infinity Q50 as EE with roundtrip reservation.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by wooward
What time did you pick up 12/22? I picked mine up around 1:30pm on 12/21 and it was quite full. Crazy how things change so quickly. I’ve found Friday’s afternoon have the best selection due to all the business returns in the morning.

Pretty late at night, between 10 and 11pm. On a side note I had a pretty bad accident in the Q50, the car was towed to pahrump, NV and probably gonna be totaled...
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
1/25 around 8am.

EA
  • VW Jetta's
  • Hyundai Elantra
  • Hyundai Sonata
  • Hyundai Kona
  • Kia Forte
  • Kia Optima
  • Chevy Impala (pick your color)
  • Nissan Frontier
  • 2018 Nissan Altima
  • Nissan Sentra
  • Mitsubishi Outlander sport
  • Chevy Cruze
  • Ford Taurus (pick your color)
  • Nissan Rogue
  • Fiat 500x crossover
ES
  • 2019 Nissan Maxima
  • Toyota Camry
  • VW Passat
  • Infiniti Q50
  • Infiniti QX30
  • Ford F150
  • Chevy 1500
  • Dodge Challenger
  • Dodge Charger hemi
  • Chevy Malibu
  • Chevy Impala
  • Ford Fusion hybrid
  • Ford Fusion
  • Chevy Camaro
  • 2019 Nissan Altima
  • Hyundai Sonata
  • Hyundai Santa Fe
  • Hyundai Tucson
  • Nissan Rogue
  • Nissan Pathfinder
  • Toyota 4Runner
  • Ford Edge
  • Ford Explorer
koopa, xienon, iluvdoco and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:23 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Pretty much the same list that was there last night

Originally Posted by Tony King
1/25 around 8am.

EA
  • VW Jetta's
  • Hyundai Elantra
  • Hyundai Sonata
  • Hyundai Kona
  • Kia Forte
  • Kia Optima
  • Chevy Impala (pick your color)
  • Nissan Frontier
  • 2018 Nissan Altima
  • Nissan Sentra
  • Mitsubishi Outlander sport
  • Chevy Cruze
  • Ford Taurus (pick your color)
  • Nissan Rogue
  • Fiat 500x crossover
ES
  • 2019 Nissan Maxima
  • Toyota Camry
  • VW Passat
  • Infiniti Q50
  • Infiniti QX30
  • Ford F150
  • Chevy 1500
  • Dodge Challenger
  • Dodge Charger hemi
  • Chevy Malibu
  • Chevy Impala
  • Ford Fusion hybrid
  • Ford Fusion
  • Chevy Camaro
  • 2019 Nissan Altima
  • Hyundai Sonata
  • Hyundai Santa Fe
  • Hyundai Tucson
  • Nissan Rogue
  • Nissan Pathfinder
  • Toyota 4Runner
  • Ford Edge
  • Ford Explorer

Pretty much the same list that was there last night, except no Camaro

I grabbed a brand new Maxima and as I was pulling out, they were bringing around a BMW SUV. I was two minutes too soon
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by wooward
Picked up a 2019 Dodge Charger R/T (150 miles) from EE last Friday 12/21/18. EE was packed full of 2 door muscle cars, both convertible and coupes, Challengers, Mustangs, Camaros. Saw Challenger R/T, Camaro SS, Beetle Turbo Convertibles, Ford Fusion, lots of full size trucks, 4 door and 2 door Jeep Wrangler, and the other usual stuff. Didn't see too many vehicles that carried more than 5 that day.
It may be a stupid question, does National shares their fleet with Enterprise? Meaning if I have a booking with Enterprise I have access to these cars you mentioned? Sorry but I can't find any info on the Enterprise car fleet. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.