Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by longnight
What's the best car in the executive aisle for a tall guy, (needs legroom, headroom)?
Bigger the car better the space basically I'll go with.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:03 pm

I need a rental for 5 days, picking up at LAX and dropping off at SAN. I have EC Exec status. I'd like something sporty (Mustang GT, Camaro SS, etc.), preferably in a convertible. Never rented from National before and don't know all the details on how the aisle system and reservations work. What class should I book to give me decent odds for that type of car at the lowest price?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rapishorrid
I need a rental for 5 days, picking up at LAX and dropping off at SAN. I have EC Exec status. I'd like something sporty (Mustang GT, Camaro SS, etc.), preferably in a convertible. Never rented from National before and don't know all the details on how the aisle system and reservations work. What class should I book to give me decent odds for that type of car at the lowest price?
If you have no status with National, you will need to reserve the specific car class (ie, convertible) you want to drive, and upon arrival, use the counter to get your contract and they will direct you to a specific car class aisle to get your car. You are not permitted to take a car from the Emerald or Executive Aisle.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
If you have no status with National
I have Exec status with National.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

I have Exec status with National.
Ops, I missed that - but having said that, I hardly ever see convertibles in the Exec aisle - although something sporty might pop up there. Again, if you really want it, I would suggest reserving that class. Depending on when you arrive at the facility, the Exec aisle could be overflowing with the most wonderful cars imaginable, or nothing but Camrys and Impalas.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I would say slim chances. With the warm weather out, demand should be higher for convertibles.
It's also pretty hard to find one on the aisle too, even during "winter" in my experience.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:06 pm

Was just in the exec aisle. Typical fare with many SUVs of varying sizes. In terms of luxury there was an infiniti q70 an infiniti crossover, and a cadillac xts. Took the xts, not very sporty but a ton of driver room.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:10 pm

Picked up on Saturday 4/28 at about 2 pm. Looked like a lot of cars were taken out for the weekend already but luckily ES was stocked pretty well. Notables were a Volvo S60, a Volvo XC60, 2 other Volvo hatchbacks, 3 Cadillac XTS, 2 Infiniti QX60, and an Audi Q5 which I took. Didn't get a chance to look at EA.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by berkeleysquirrel
Picked up on Saturday 4/28 at about 2 pm. Looked like a lot of cars were taken out for the weekend already but luckily ES was stocked pretty well. Notables were a Volvo S60, a Volvo XC60, 2 other Volvo hatchbacks, 3 Cadillac XTS, 2 Infiniti QX60, and an Audi Q5 which I took. Didn't get a chance to look at EA.
Was the Volvo XC60 a new 2018 model, or one of the old 2017 versions still hanging around?
Old May 2, 2018, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Was the Volvo XC60 a new 2018 model, or one of the old 2017 versions still hanging around?
Unfortunately it was the older 2017 model with the tiny screen so I passed on it. 2018 would have been fun to try.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Platinum Elite, National Exec
Originally Posted by berkeleysquirrel
Lucky!!! I have never seen a selection this good at LAX (perhaps because I usually land noonish on Mon or Tues?)
Old May 20, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Picked up today. Executive had a bunch of Maximas and a couple Fusions plus some midlevel SUVs. There was a single Infiniti Q50 hidden at the far back corner, which I snagged.
bedeve likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:24 pm

Any minivan at LAX aisle? I am an EC emerald club member. What is EC stand for? Thank you.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tiffany
Any minivan at LAX aisle? I am an EC emerald club member. What is EC stand for? Thank you.
EC = emerald club
Old May 27, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Alamo's only LCAR option today was a base M-B CLA. At least it has leather seats. Nice enough but it was a struggle to get all of my luggage into it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.