Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
With all due respect, there is a HUGE difference between using a Contract ID for which one is not entitled and using a publicly available coupon code (of which NDA2324BR that I responded about is one), and your hypothetical of retroactively raising your rental rate to the daily maximum would not apply in the case that I spoke to as it is a $30 COUPON not a Contract ID (i.e. Rate Code). The absolute worst case in terms of your rate would be that the $30 discount would be removed.

That said, for those who want to play by the rules exactly as they are written, I went back and scoured the T&C of Coupon NDA2324BR and there is nothing that states that you have to use the BJ's Contract ID (to which if one is not a member, one is probably not entitled to use said Contract ID, but since this is about a Coupon code and not a Contract ID, I won't be bothered to read the T&C of the BJ's Contract ID) or that you have to be a member of BJ's to use said Coupon Code.

To take advantage of this offer, make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance. Unfortunately, we cannot combine this offer with any other discount (except member discounts), and cannot apply the offer to a previous or existing reservation. All standard rental qualifications apply. Be aware that taxes, surcharges, recovery and recoupment fees and other charges may apply, and that optional products and services (such as damage waivers and additional drivers fees) are extra charges. Please check your auto insurance policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage. Regrettably, the availability of this offer is limited to participating locations in the U.S. and is subject to change without notice. Coupon VOID if bought, bartered or sold for cash. Void where prohibited. Blackout dates may also apply.
I'm pretty sure dwbf11 was referring to the contract ID's being mentioned above and not the BJ's coupon.

Of note however, even though I have never been asked for my BJ'd card, the coupon appears on the rental breakdown as "BJ's" and I have had a agent remove it before. (Why I don't know, because she never mentioned anything)
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:52 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I'm pretty sure dwbf11 was referring to the contract ID's being mentioned above and not the BJ's coupon.

Of note however, even though I have never been asked for my BJ'd card, the coupon appears on the rental breakdown as "BJ's" and I have had a agent remove it before. (Why I don't know, because she never mentioned anything)
Yep, exactly. Publicly available coupon codes are fine, I was talking about contract IDs.

I can say I've been asked for proof of membership (at other agencies) when making a reservation using Costco codes, so it's certainly noted somewhere in the reservation system. I've also picked up cars from the same agency, also on a Costco code, and not been asked for the membership card. Whether a given agent chooses to enforce the rules is anyone's guess, but they're certainly within their right to do so.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Division
Meanwhile, this was last Sunday. No cars at all, those that were present had no keys in them. Staff kept a list and handled first come first serve. Every 4-5 minutes a car rolled in, there were lots of people waiting to get a car. I declined quite a lot of cars, either because they were too boring (Ford Focus) or just not what I wanted (any minivan).

According to staff, it had to do with the holidays, late returns and Rosebowl. I waited half an hour for a white Camaro LS, there was a guy just in front of me who got a yellow RS.
Wow - that is the saddest looking rental location I've ever seen!

We were there last year and the aisles were full. Got a Jeep GC. No Tahoe, though, which we had been hoping for. I keep hearing about Tahoes and Suburbans, but I have yet to find one.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club
I was the one mentioning 8572158 comparing it with 8572130 .
Both long times existing contract id ś
Both openly exposed to the net.
No restrictions
Both nothing to do with corporate codes.

Anyone with objections because of higher moral standards ?
Either pay your rental rate with any Visa Card.
Or become an FlyingBlue member for free https://www.flyingblue.com/
You would be fully moral correct if you commit yourself to both suggestions

Happy Renting
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by bedeve
I was the one mentioning 8572158 comparing it with 8572130 .
Both long times existing contract id ś
Both openly exposed to the net.
No restrictions
Both nothing to do with corporate codes.

Anyone with objections because of higher moral standards ?
Either pay your rental rate with any Visa Card.
Or become an FlyingBlue member for free https://www.flyingblue.com/
You would be fully moral correct if you commit yourself to both suggestions

Happy Renting
I'm not one to police codes because it has nothing to do with me but while the KLM code is unrestricted, I'm 90% sure the Visa Canada code has some restrictions. At least if you get in a accident.

About 2 years ago I had a rental and when I arrived the lot was empty. The manager was out there and after conversing a few minutes with him, he asked my name and then went in the office. He then came out and pulled up to me in Luxury SUV that had been parked near the office. I was elated except for the fact that he kept mentioning, he could NOT sell me insurance on this vehicle. I was using Visa Canada. It was weird to me and I mentioned my contract covered insurance, unless there was an exclusion on high end cars I didn't know about. At this point I put my license/credit card on the seat for the exit gate. He looked at the front of my card and read the bank name and told me to wait for a second. He went back in the office and then came back out and said no worries, your all set. Upon seeing the confused look on my face he said, we had someone in a car a month or so ago whose insurance turned out not to be valid after they got in a accident. So now we verbally verify on high end/specialty cars when you do not purchase insurance from us.

I did not ask if the person was using a contract id they weren't entitled too or credit card/personal insurance that excludes certain classes of vehicles. I'm positive when he went back in the office he checked the contract id restrictions. I assume managers have the power to pull that info?

Most of my cards are issued by RBC so I'm guessing a Canadian issued Visa might be a pre-requisite should you ever need to make a claim. I don't know for sure since National does not discuss contract ID's.

In any event I always plan for the 'what if a accident happens'. I was almost hit 3 times in November last year alone so I'd rather have peace of mind in using codes I qualify for. Again this isn't a moral post on the use of codes, but rather my experience with one that is mentioned.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:38 am

Hi all,

Considering renting a Luxury car at National in September in LAX (i know its very earlier).

I know no one has any idea of what there will be in the Luxury category that day, but what cars are usually in the Nationals fleet, under the Luxury Category?

Thank you for your help
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Theduck1992
Hi all,

Considering renting a Luxury car at National in September in LAX (i know its very earlier).

I know no one has any idea of what there will be in the Luxury category that day, but what cars are usually in the Nationals fleet, under the Luxury Category?

Thank you for your help
I’ve seen a Maserati there among other things. They angle park them at the top of the escalator separate from EA. If you have status such as Executive Elite and want that category, call the station manager andcrequest ahead.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I'm not one to police codes because it has nothing to do with me but while the KLM code is unrestricted, I'm 90% sure the Visa Canada code has some restrictions. At least if you get in a accident.

About 2 years ago I had a rental and when I arrived the lot was empty. The manager was out there and after conversing a few minutes with him, he asked my name and then went in the office. He then came out and pulled up to me in Luxury SUV that had been parked near the office. I was elated except for the fact that he kept mentioning, he could NOT sell me insurance on this vehicle. I was using Visa Canada. It was weird to me and I mentioned my contract covered insurance, unless there was an exclusion on high end cars I didn't know about. At this point I put my license/credit card on the seat for the exit gate. He looked at the front of my card and read the bank name and told me to wait for a second. He went back in the office and then came back out and said no worries, your all set. Upon seeing the confused look on my face he said, we had someone in a car a month or so ago whose insurance turned out not to be valid after they got in a accident. So now we verbally verify on high end/specialty cars when you do not purchase insurance from us.

I did not ask if the person was using a contract id they weren't entitled too or credit card/personal insurance that excludes certain classes of vehicles. I'm positive when he went back in the office he checked the contract id restrictions. I assume managers have the power to pull that info?

Most of my cards are issued by RBC so I'm guessing a Canadian issued Visa might be a pre-requisite should you ever need to make a claim. I don't know for sure since National does not discuss contract ID's.

In any event I always plan for the 'what if a accident happens'. I was almost hit 3 times in November last year alone so I'd rather have peace of mind in using codes I qualify for. Again this isn't a moral post on the use of codes, but rather my experience with one that is mentioned.
Be very careful re insurance. I recently had discussions with the insurance company for Visa and Amex. Different companies. Both mentioned the cap on vehicle value that negates their coverage. I don’t off hand remember if they said 60K or 75K.

Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Bartolo

I’ve seen a Maserati there among other things. They angle park them at the top of the escalator separate from EA. If you have status such as Executive Elite and want that category, call the station manager andcrequest ahead.

Thanks for reply. Was more wondering about the LCAR cars, what cars are usually found in this group.

Unfortunately the student budget wont allow for a Maseratti ;-)
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:42 am

LCAR category will probably be a Cadillac XTS or, more rarely, a Lincoln Continental. You may also be able to talk yourself into a GXAR, such as a Volvo, Infitini, BMW, or Mercedes. Just depends what's available on a given day.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
LCAR category will probably be a Cadillac XTS or, more rarely, a Lincoln Continental. You may also be able to talk yourself into a GXAR, such as a Volvo, Infitini, BMW, or Mercedes. Just depends what's available on a given day.
Thanks, ill prob reserve one of those.
Its good just to have an idea of what it could be in terms of size and so, so i dont end up in an Avalon or Impala with a LCAR rental.. :-)
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:30 pm

Both of those are PCAR so definitely a downgrade
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
My last several LCAR reservations just ended up being pick whatever you want - most locations in my experience don't have LCARs on stock.
Last one - I got a Audi Q7. Previous times - BMW X3, BMW 4 series, Mercedes CLA250, Infiniti Q50.
Theduck1992 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:50 pm
formerly JackDann

Picked up a car 2 weeks ago. Choice was pretty crap over in the Executive Aisle. There was a Mercedes C300 in the Luxury section and they gave that to me so i've got that for a couple of months. Must say, it's pretty crap but I'm in Santa Barbara right now and I can't even take it back to LAX due to the 101 being closed.

Previously had a Camero SS for 6 months from Vegas National... i've been spoilt I guess. Would love to know what other sort of cars you can get in Luxury, is it something which is regularly offered to Executive or Elites?

Last edited by JD1905; Jan 17, 2018 at 6:13 pm
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by JackDann
Picked up a car 2 weeks ago. Choice was pretty crap over in the Executive Aisle. There was a Mercedes C300 in the Luxury section and they gave that to me so i've got that for a couple of months. Must say, it's pretty crap but I'm in Santa Barbara right now and I can't even take it back to LAX due to the 101 being closed.

Previously had a Camero SS for 6 months from Vegas National... i've been spoilt I guess. Would love to know what other sort of cars you can get in Luxury, is it something which is regularly offered to Executive or Elites?
My recent favorite from LAX (from ES) was an XT5. Not the flashiest, but I found the car great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.