ES:
Camaro's
A few Chrysler 300's(base and non base)
Challengers
Chargers
Bunch of mid size SUV's
Suburban
Mustang
Buick Sedan(not sure which model, it was ugly lol)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Was just at LAX a few weeks back and some guy snatched the QX70 out from under me. I asked the lot employee if they had any other nice cars coming up for Exec and he said he’d run and check. Next thing up was a brand new Audi A4. Very nice ride and very fun to drive.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:42 am

amyome know what models are in the premium elite SUV section?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:03 am

Flying to LAX on early Dec and I was wondering if there's any change to find a new model Expedition from Executive Selection?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jore
Flying to LAX on early Dec and I was wondering if there's any change to find a new model Expedition from Executive Selection?
I would say yes it’s possible. I’ve seen many larger SUVs in Exec there. If they don’t have it out there, just ask and sometimes they will bring it up if they have it.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I would say yes it’s possible. I’ve seen many larger SUVs in Exec there. If they don’t have it out there, just ask and sometimes they will bring it up if they have it.
I agree, there is always an Expedition or Armada on the lot.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:36 pm
formerly JackDann

I've been renting from National for the last 13 months so, pretty solid Executive Elite status going now.. Is there actually any difference in Choice between Exec and Exec Elite?

I tend to usually go for a Camaro SS, not sure there is anything better available out there?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JackDann
I've been renting from National for the last 13 months so, pretty solid Executive Elite status going now.. Is there actually any difference in Choice between Exec and Exec Elite?

I tend to usually go for a Camaro SS, not sure there is anything better available out there?
As far as Aisle car choice there is no difference, whether your status Executive or Executive Elite, you pick cars from the Executive Aisle.

Camaro SS is a solid choice, its only drawback being terrible visibility out of it because of tiny windows.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:47 am

Picked up from LAX on 10/19. Didn't pay too much attention to the EA, but ES was fully stocked w/ a wide variety to choose from, except convertibles. I asked about taking a 430i convertible from the Convertible Reserve area and was given the OK. Ended up taking a Maxima SR over it though, as the BMW was a little beat up. This location always has great service and a great selection.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:01 am

I arrived on the 2nd of October with my LCAR paperwork and, as expected, there were only two cars in that section of Alamo. A C class Merc and an equally tiny Infinity. Not luxury by my definition. I probably could have got an XTS from upstairs but I had one of those last time out.

A quick word with the outside desk chap and I was in a very new 2017 Camaro SS. Not perfect, but I urge anyone who hasn't tried one to do so. At 455hp the most powerful rental I've ever had. Excellent chassis, Brembo brakes all round and the 8 speed auto completes the package. 12.5 in the quarter and 4 sec 0-60. Next time I have to find a way to get on Buttonwillow.................
Bob111R likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by ArrowStraight
I arrived on the 2nd of October with my LCAR paperwork and, as expected, there were only two cars in that section of Alamo. A C class Merc and an equally tiny Infinity. Not luxury by my definition. I probably could have got an XTS from upstairs but I had one of those last time out.

A quick word with the outside desk chap and I was in a very new 2017 Camaro SS. Not perfect, but I urge anyone who hasn't tried one to do so. At 455hp the most powerful rental I've ever had. Excellent chassis, Brembo brakes all round and the 8 speed auto completes the package. 12.5 in the quarter and 4 sec 0-60. Next time I have to find a way to get on Buttonwillow.................

Well both are classified as Full size elites so they would be considered an upgrade. Honestly both are still better options then the XTS IMHO
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by ArrowStraight

Yup, Camaro is a great car, it just has very poor visibility. When I had it, I took on CA74, CA243 and up to Big Bear.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
ES:
Camaro's
A few Chrysler 300's(base and non base)
Challengers
Chargers
Bunch of mid size SUV's
Suburban
Mustang
Buick Sedan(not sure which model, it was ugly lol)
Flying in on Thursday - I will give an update of what I find there. Hoping for a large SUV as I'm going into town for a conference.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Picked up a BMW X3 on an LCAR reservation on a Friday around lunchtime. Didn't pay attention to the aisles.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:25 pm

I grabbed a '17 Camaro SS with ~14k miles and a funky smell today. It was hiding all the way at the right rear of the Exec area. I have driven several RS models, but never had an SS available, so I figured it was worth a shot.

The sunroof is nice, but those 14k miles haven't been kind ones. It idles rough and bucks & bangs like a wheelbarrow with a flat tire over the concrete slabs on 405 northbound. Inexplicably, there doesn't seem to be a lumbar adjustment on the driver's seat. I can't remember the last car I drove that didn't.

As has been mentioned, the visibility is so poor it's hard to not feel like you are piloting a submarine.

I drive a 2015 Mustang GT in real life (on the rare occasion that I am home, anyway), and it feels like the SS might be more powerful, but the Mustang just feels like a better car.

The rest of the lot was flush with sedans, including v6 Chargers, Fusions, etc. There were a couple of v6 Challengers and Camaros, several Jeep Compasses, a couple of Dodge Journeys. Can't remember if there were any minivans or SUVs of consequence since it's just me. I was surprised that there weren't any convertible Mustangs or Camaros - when I was here 2 weeks ago there were at least 5 of each. With decent weather forecast this week I probably would have taken either of those over the SS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.