Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: Executive Elite
Rented on Thursday night 4/27. All the SUVs were back in the ES aisle. The usual suspects were there but saw some stuff I don't see often. Honda Odyssey, Infiniti Q30, Audi Q3, some sort of Cadillac sedan, Buick Regal, Lincoln MKC. I took the Lincoln MKC.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: WoH Globalist, Wait I have an Ambassador?, National Exe. Elite, AA Gold, UA Silver
Tuesday 05/09/2017, around 9PM:
Usual Camaro RS convert/coupe, fusion, challenger/charger, and cruze galore.
The three that stood out:
Lincoln SUV thingy (all I know is that it's not a Navigator)
Challenger R/S R/T
Infinity Q70 (4.5k miles on the clock)

Took the Q70 and high tailed out of there. Loving it so far.

Last edited by yeeeeperdiems; May 10, 2017 at 9:44 pm Reason: Meant to say R/T
Old May 10, 2017, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yeeeeperdiems
Tuesday 05/09/2017, around 9PM:
Usual Camaro RS convert/coupe, fusion, challenger/charger, and cruze galore.
The three that stood out:
Lincoln SUV thingy (all I know is that it's not a Navigator)
Challenger R/S
Infinity Q70 (4.5k miles on the clock)

Took the Q70 and high tailed out of there. Loving it so far.
I saw a Q70 when I was there last week but really wanted my hybrid...but I've also been looking for a MKC for months at any station I frequent, and never, ever seen one - let's hope I finally get lucky at LAX one day and snag one.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, Wait I have an Ambassador?, National Exe. Elite, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I saw a Q70 when I was there last week but really wanted my hybrid...but I've also been looking for a MKC for months at any station I frequent, and never, ever seen one - let's hope I finally get lucky at LAX one day and snag one.
I used to think that friday and sundays are when there would be the most choice. But in the past couple weeks I've noticed that the lots at both RDU and LAX had a higher end cars around mid-weeks. A couple QX30, a Q50 3.0T, and X3 at RDU, Q70 and Lincoln at LAX.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:24 pm

Hi, I've a full size reservation with Alamo on 19th June at LAX. Has anyone seen recently what they have in the full size aisle ? Hoping for an Accord; Passat or Camry as will driving to Las Vegas and back and doing over 1500 miles during holiday. Also has anyone seen anything different in the midsize cars like a Mini Countryman or Golf GTI? Thanks
Old May 22, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: avis, national, jetblue, delta, marriot
HI, I have a luxury reservation for enterprise at LAX on June 1, the website says Caddy XTS or similar. Anyone know what I should expect?

thanks
Old May 22, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by jessebrown30
HI, I have a luxury reservation for enterprise at LAX on June 1, the website says Caddy XTS or similar. Anyone know what I should expect?
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Haven't rented from Enterprise at LAX so don't know how much they share cars, but besides Cadillacs I've seen BMWs, Mercedes, Infinitis, Lincolns, both cars and SUVs, on the National LAX Executive Aisle. Hope you get something similar.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by megalab
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Haven't rented from Enterprise at LAX so don't know how much they share cars, but besides Cadillacs I've seen BMWs, Mercedes, Infinitis, Lincolns, both cars and SUVs, on the National LAX Executive Aisle. Hope you get something similar.

On a lux res from enterprise I very much doubt he will get a Mercedes c300, 3 series, infinti or a suv since they are either full size elite or well a suv. I got a C300 and had an option to take a 3 series but it seems they were no luxury classes cars in the lot. Enterprise is tougher on upgrades from what I've read around so I would assume he will get a caddy ATS or XTS, Mercedes CLA ( I'll take a Ford fusion titanium over that) or whatever is left that's is classified as luxury
Old May 22, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: avis, national, jetblue, delta, marriot
Originally Posted by Closingracer
On a lux res from enterprise I very much doubt he will get a Mercedes c300, 3 series, infinti or a suv since they are either full size elite or well a suv. I got a C300 and had an option to take a 3 series but it seems they were no luxury classes cars in the lot. Enterprise is tougher on upgrades from what I've read around so I would assume he will get a caddy ATS or XTS, Mercedes CLA ( I'll take a Ford fusion titanium over that) or whatever is left that's is classified as luxury

Thank you. I typically rent avis or national but I was using my credit card points and lux enterprise was the best pricing I was getting. Hopefully I get something good!
Old May 22, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by jessebrown30
Thank you. I typically rent avis or national but I was using my credit card points and lux enterprise was the best pricing I was getting. Hopefully I get something good!

I typically rent from avis or national myself and both seem to be more upgrade friendly than enterprise. Honestly I would either go up to full size elite if you can reserve it and a good price or go down to premium. I would take a Nissan Maxima SV or Crysler 300C over most luxury cars in enterprise/national/Alamo fleet. One time I was happy with a luxury car in terms of overall performance, features and comfort was a XTS full loaded. Otherwise They are pretty bare bones in terms of options and I'll take a loaded 300c over a CLA any day of the week.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CDMulliner
Hi, I've a full size reservation with Alamo on 19th June at LAX. Has anyone seen recently what they have in the full size aisle ? Hoping for an Accord; Passat or Camry as will driving to Las Vegas and back and doing over 1500 miles during holiday. Also has anyone seen anything different in the midsize cars like a Mini Countryman or Golf GTI? Thanks
I have never seen an Accord in any of the rental fleets, same thing with Mini and Golf GTI. Passat and Camry are possible, but more likely you'll get a Nissan Altima (pretty fast in 3.5 SL version), Ford Fusion or Chevy Malibu/Impala.

Back on topic, I picked up an Audi Q5 at LAX yesterday at around 11 a.m.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Putnik
I have never seen an Accord in any of the rental fleets, same thing with Mini and Golf GTI. Passat and Camry are possible, but more likely you'll get a Nissan Altima (pretty fast in 3.5 SL version), Ford Fusion or Chevy Malibu/Impala.

Back on topic, I picked up an Audi Q5 at LAX yesterday at around 11 a.m.

Hondas are quite popular in the Avis lots in jfk at least. I've seen one Accord in national at LGA but it was a base model leased from a Massachusetts dealer since it had a dealer stuck onto the trunk.

Even if they have it they are PCAR'S anyways
Old May 26, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Putnik
I have never seen an Accord in any of the rental fleets, same thing with Mini and Golf GTI.
I've rented all 3 with National although they are all quite rare. Haven't seen a Mini or a GTI for over a year now. I had an Accord about 2 months ago.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:54 pm

Field report:

8am arrival on Thursday (5/18). I was cautioned that exciting cars may be limited due to high volume traffic into SoCal for this time of year due to graduation and whatnot and the cautionary tales were proved to be correct.

Headed upstairs. Both the EA and the EC were quite full and the attendants were pulling in cars but both areas were full of non-exciting, standard rental fleet cars:

Emerald Aisle (didn't check here much as I had a EC membership) consisted of your standard variety of Nissan Altimas, Ford Fusions, small to mid size SUVs of Hyundai/Kia caliber and the mix match of Chevys. Nothing exciting at all.

Executive Area were full of standard fare of Impalas and V6/base model Mustang and Challenger coupes. Lot attendants were pulling up more boring cars as it got closer to 9am.

The only interesting thing that could've caught some eyes in the Executive area were:
3-4 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Limited
3-4 Dodge Durango R/T
1 black Ford Expedition (would be a great choice for someone who needs the room)
2-3 Ford Explorers
4-5 Dodge Charger R/T
1 Chrysler 300C (I took this one as it was the best for my needs out of all the choices offered)

No real luxury offerings on that morning it seemed. Lucky to the people who got Q70 and some German cars.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:41 pm

Executive:
Ford Fusion Hybrid (took this)
Camry
Jeep Cherokees
Dodge Durangos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.