Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BWI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Monday 5am

They had just about everything including 2 solid rows of Tahoes and Suburbans. EA and ES were jam packed with standard National offerings ( Altimas, 200s, Impalas, Malibus, etc). Premium had a Smart car (really?), Cadillac CTS, 2 Lucernes, a 2011 300, and a Saab 9-3.

I also noticed some kind of new "executive VIP" section. They had peoples' names on placards on the cars parked immediately to the left as you exit the rental car building. Oddly these so-called VIPs were being given Camrys and Altimas!
VIP is invitation only, above EE. Guaranteed meet & greet, best car on lot unless they request otherwise. Probably similar to Avis CC.

I believe our esteemed colleague Ritz may be one.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:49 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
VIP is invitation only, above EE. Guaranteed meet & greet, best car on lot unless they request otherwise. Probably similar to Avis CC.

I believe our esteemed colleague Ritz may be one.
Interesting...because they definitely were not getting the best cars.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:15 am

Interesting...because they definitely were not getting the best cars.
right, that's why I added the "unless they request otherwise" exception, which is a possibility.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:35 pm

Thumbs down

Monday 7pm

Only interesting cars on the ES were a Volvo XC70, a couple Tahoes and Suburbans, an Expedition EL (interestingly the EL was well equipped with leather and the larger wheels, as opposed to the base spec on the regular Expeditions) and a GMC Terrain SLT2. Luxury/premium had several Lacrosses, Lucernes, and a 2012 Maxima. Also saw a Cadillac STS and Lincoln MKS base spec hiding in the back by the Alamo side. Otherwise it was the usual BWI late night/early morning jam-packed garage with cars and trucks parked anywhere there was space.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
Anyone rent from here recently? I'm about to begin a 25 day rental here on Sunday afternoon. I'm reading that either there's a ton of mediocre cars, or a few nice ones on the ES.

I recently rented a Maxima in LAS, and I certainly wouldn't mind that again!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, National Emerald Executive, Hertz 5 *, Marriott Platinum
Was there this morning around 7:30am....did not see much in terms of Executive. A couple of Buick Lucernes, Impala, maybe an Altima. I immediately saw a loaded Ford Edge Limited AWD and I quickly took that but I dropped it off in MDT.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:02 am

Picked up yesterday (1/27) around 7:30PM

Didn't even look at EA. Executive was Malibu and Altima aisle, with a few Korean SUV's thrown in for good measure, and a Maxima. Asked to take from the Premium/Specialty section instead and took a 2011 BMW 328i.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:26 am

Didn't even look at EA. Executive was Malibu and Altima aisle, with a few Korean SUV's thrown in for good measure, and a Maxima. Asked to take from the Premium/Specialty section instead and took a 2011 BMW 328i.
Did the BMW have NC tags?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Did the BMW have NC tags?
Nope, it's got MD tags and an Enterprise keyfob, which isn't surprising since the BWI location pools the National/Alamo/Enterprise fleets.

I've got some initial thoughts I'll add to your ride report thread too
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:34 pm

BMW? Wow, classy!

If it's still the Malibu and Altima aisle on Sunday, I can only hope they have as much mercy on my soul!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:10 pm

No such luck.

ES had Malibus, Impalas, Altimas, Chargers, Ram, Lots of SUVs (suburbans, expeditions, etc)

VIP aisle had 2 Maximas, a 300C.

Asked to take from elsewhere, but told no because I was booked on a midsize. Guy said if I had a full size booking, then he could do it (another $10/day, but I'm here 24 days).

So, I took a Charger. But, it keeps randomly chiming at me, and the airbag light is constantly on. May have to take it back at some point during this rental for an exchange (and a 2nd chance).
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:07 pm

Jack, just a thought - as an Executive Elite, you should always be booking a Premium reservation for that exact reason...you'll be paying full size price which is usually just a couple bucks more than midsize, and it saves you the hassle. Or, have a Premium reservation as a backup and book the midsize as your primary. I've been doing it this way since I became Exec and only once has it come up, but just to avoid any headaches it makes sense to do.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:54 pm

Jack, just a thought - as an Executive Elite, you should always be booking a Premium reservation for that exact reason...you'll be paying full size price which is usually just a couple bucks more than midsize, and it saves you the hassle. Or, have a Premium reservation as a backup and book the midsize as your primary. I've been doing it this way since I became Exec and only once has it come up, but just to avoid any headaches it makes sense to do.
Unfortunately, it's for business and my company will ONLY book midsize. If it was personal, I would, of course, book a premium when it's only x amount more. But the company has a contract negotiated with National, so that's what I gotta stick with.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:03 am

Programs: Fly Delta Jets
Monday 0600

ES Highlights
Challenger
Maxima
Passat

Premium/VIP
CC
Maxima
Avalon (cute Toyota advertising program, any EE can get it)
300 w 8sp
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:21 am

Sitting on the rental car facility bus now. In addition to what was noted by maestrowei, I found the selection to be much better stocked than usual. Several Maximas, an s60, and a G37 all up front. The Avalon was a new 2012. There was also an Acadia SLT, several Town Cars, and at least one additional 3 series.

Jack, get yourself back there quickly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.