Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BWI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: Fly Delta Jets
Tuesday 6AM

Tuesday 6AM

Attendants were filling up the Aisles as I returned.

EA:
3 x Mazda 5 (!)
Impalas
Mazda 6
Nissan Altima

ES:
2 x Dodge Charger
Various SUVs
Impalas
Malibus

Yes dwbf11, I am EE
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:49 pm

Friday 8PM

Friday 8PM

Slim Pickings.

EA:
Kia Soul
Nissan Altima
Impalas

ES:
Volvo XC70 (mine)
Avenger (...?)
Charger
Malibus / Impalas

XC70 was a changeup. It was the 3.2 loaded with everything but Satnav and active Sirius. Heated seats front and rear were nice for the nighttime trip back from the farm.

Monday 6AM
Fully stocked, but with the usual lineup of Altimas, Chargers, Impalas, along with some SUVs. Notables in
EA:
Jetta

ES:
Altima Hybrid!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:09 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Doesn't sound like a whole lot to look forward to! Flying into BWI Friday at 8PM....hoping the staff is friendly, and maybe willing to get me something else.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:25 am

Good luck! Maybe I'll see you there... DL1436, anyone?

I find the evening attendants to be rather friendly, at least until they all hide in the booth due to the cold.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:49 am

Too funny. DL1436 for me as well!
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:43 am

Friday 8pm

Ea: Must have been Ford Fusion day at BWI, they had almost 10 of them out. Also several Altimas, Impalas, and Malibus. There were a couple of Jettas, some Avengers, a Mazda6 and a Dodge Nitro. Of note: a few Chrysler 200s, base models, brand new.

Es: more of the same except several full size SUVs (yukons) and a few pickup trucks (1 Silverado and 1 Colorado). Also saw an Endeavor.

Premium/lux was a Regal Cxl. I asked, no Volvos.

After walking around for a while I had resigned myself to a 300 mile 200, when an attendant pulled up a 2012 Terrain SLT1 with the V6, Chrome Appearance package and working xm. They actually had several Terrain SLEs (base models) with the 4 cylinder but that didn't appeal to me. Mine only has 1200 miles on it! Too bad I won't be able to use the huge sunroof this weekend.

Last edited by dwbf11; Oct 29, 2011 at 8:58 am
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Friday 8pm

Ea: Must have been Ford Fusion day at BWI, they had almost 10 of them out. Also several Altimas, Impalas, and Malibus. There were a couple of Jettas, some Avengers, a Mazda6 and a Dodge Nitro. Of note: a few Chrysler 200s, base models, brand new.

Es: more of the same except several full size SUVs (yukons) and a few pickup trucks (1 Silverado and 1 Colorado). Also saw an Endeavor.

Premium/lux was a Regal Cxl. I asked, no Volvos.

After walking around for a while I had resigned myself to a 300 mile 200, when an attendant pulled up a 2012 Terrain SLT1 with the V6, Chrome Appearance package and working xm. They actually had several Terrain SLEs (base models) with the 4 cylinder but that didn't appeal to me. Mine only has 1200 miles on it! Too bad I won't be able to use the huge sunroof this weekend.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the Terrain SLT1 in the ongoing ride Terrain/Equinox report/review thread!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:58 am

Based on some further research I think that I have an slt-2. Will definitely contribute to the ride report thread.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:38 am

Based on some further research I think that I have an slt-2. Will definitely contribute to the ride report thread.
IIRC, SLT2 has heated outside chrome power mirrors, SLT1 has heated body color mirrors.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:57 am

In that case, I definitely had an SLT2.

Monday 5:30AM

EA and ES were fully stocked with just about everything. Of note in ES:

Mitsubishi Eclipse coupe
2011 Chrysler 300's
Full size pickups (2X Ram 1500, 2X Silverado)
Nissan Maxima
Mustang Convertible
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:47 pm

Anyone been at this station lately? Trying to decide if I should make a backup Hertz reservation for this Friday...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:53 pm

Anyone been at this station lately? Trying to decide if I should make a backup Hertz reservation for this Friday...
Don't see how it could hurt.

Last Thursday was a cluster....

Return slots were backed up to that really sharp initial turn with the plastic retaining walls.

ES was absolutely wiped out with only SUVs (I'm not a truck person so didn't pay much attention), a Grand Marquis (same one that's been sitting there for the past... month I bet), a Passat, and a Ford Taurus Limited without keys.

EA
EA was the usual and well stocked with midsize GM and Ford sedans. No new cars ala Focus and Soul.

I saw and took the infamous FCAR/PXAR/...CAR Kia Optima (1000 miles!). Just as I was driving out a fleet of ES cars dropped in -- Altima, XC70, and I think a Buick.

Last edited by maestrowei; Dec 6, 2011 at 6:54 pm Reason: ford no longer makes 500s....
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:08 pm

Thanks maestrowei! Definitely good information...hoping a Volvo of some kind is there on Friday.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:41 pm

Friday 6pm

I was in a hurry so didn't really look around the lot.
Aisle and ES were very wiped out. Return aisles chock full. Only car I saw of any consequence was a base level Rogue. Premium had a CTS sedan but the doors were locked. Premium also had an XC70 which I took, and a Taurus Limited. On my way out I spotted a 9-3 as well. Enjoying the XC but the last renter wore way too much cologne and the my hands stink from touching the steering wheel!

Last edited by dwbf11; Dec 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:30 am

Monday 5am

They had just about everything including 2 solid rows of Tahoes and Suburbans. EA and ES were jam packed with standard National offerings ( Altimas, 200s, Impalas, Malibus, etc). Premium had a Smart car (really?), Cadillac CTS, 2 Lucernes, a 2011 300, and a Saab 9-3.

I also noticed some kind of new "executive VIP" section. They had peoples' names on placards on the cars parked immediately to the left as you exit the rental car building. Oddly these so-called VIPs were being given Camrys and Altimas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.