Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BWI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by Kurt
It had an "Enterprise" logo on the key fob for some reason.
It had an Enterprise logo on the key fob b/c the acquisition of National by Enterprise several years ago has finally crept down to the consumer. All of my cars in the last month or so have had Enterprise something associated with them .... including being really crappy cars.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:49 am

Forgot to mention that they had a couple of new 2010 Buick Lacrosses, which unfortunately were reserved for a golf tournament. Some dude was putting about five sets of golf clubs in his. It looks like a nice effort by GM (think Lexus ES350 as the target), way beyond the old Lacrosse.
Sweet, 2010 Lacrosses already?! Were these going on the Premium or ES?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
There is a "VIP" section right by the door when you come in and it was sitting there. The golf dude didn't look thrilled, but maybe he was just working hard or something. It's an interesting-looking car; GM should pay a royalty to Lexus, though!

Last edited by Kurt; Oct 21, 2009 at 12:01 pm
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to mention that they had a couple of new 2010 Buick Lacrosses, which unfortunately were reserved for a golf tournament. Some dude was putting about five sets of golf clubs in his. It looks like a nice effort by GM (think Lexus ES350 as the target), way beyond the old Lacrosse.
I really want to try this car out. Hopefully next time I'm at BWI they'll have a few more of these.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:32 pm

BWI seems to have a good selection of 2010s, unlike some other locations, *cough* DCA.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Rented this [Friday] morning from BWI. ES had a wide selection of full-size cars, as long as it was called an Impala. Other than that, there was a Kia Amanti, Ford Mustang, Chrysler 300 (not sure what specific sub-model), and a Camry. I chose the Camry.

The EA had a typical mid-size selection, including standard sedans, as well as the HHR and PT Cruiser, and a Sonata...
Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:59 pm

Programs: US CP, CO PE, Avis First, National EE
BWI

Just got back from BWI picking up a car. I showed up and the Executive Selection had a choice of three vehicles, two being 4 door Jeep Wrangler 4X4's, and the third was a Chevy Silverado ( The big heavy duty one with 4 doors & 4WD ). I had two rentals last weekend and chose Wranglers both times because of the snow storm. I've noticed a few "non Impala" vehicles over my last dozen or so trips.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat.
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Sweet, 2010 Lacrosses already?! Were these going on the Premium or ES?
ES.

We have been getting quite a few new Buicks in -- Lacross, Envoy, etc... Brand new Lincoln's too.

They are nice rides! We also got some new Impala's, Sebring's and Caliber's -- took many of these down to the "ready line" with 3 miles on them. Sebring's and Caliber's with Sirius radio. ^^
Old Jan 11, 2010, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Student_Flyer
ES.

We have been getting quite a few new Buicks in -- Lacross, Envoy, etc... Brand new Lincoln's too.

They are nice rides! We also got some new Impala's, Sebring's and Caliber's -- took many of these down to the "ready line" with 3 miles on them. Sebring's and Caliber's with Sirius radio. ^^
Really, Lincoln MKZs for the ES?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat.
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Really, Lincoln MKZs for the ES?
No, the MKZs are premium or luxury (not exactly sure off the top of my head). But the Buick Lacrosse is considered "full-size."
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: US CP, CO PE, Avis First, National EE
BWI

Rented a Ford Flex from BWI on Tuesday. There was a few SUV's (KIA) and a few minivans in the Executive Selection. I returned the Flex to DCA the next day and noticed nothing but Impalas, a Journey, and a few other non descript vehicles in the ES there - well one Sebring Convertible.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:57 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Hey guys,

I'm getting into BWI late this Friday night (~10:30pm), and was wondering what - if any - expectations on the ES aisle to hold. Any chance of a decent, fun car for the weekend w/ my wife at this late hour?

CLG
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by CLG
Hey guys,

I'm getting into BWI late this Friday night (~10:30pm), and was wondering what - if any - expectations on the ES aisle to hold. Any chance of a decent, fun car for the weekend w/ my wife at this late hour?

CLG
At that time of night on Friday, I wouldn't expect a whole lot. I can easily see a situation where some car porter decides that the two dozen Impalas are the "good" fullsize cars compared to the two dozen HHRs, so when the fullsize reserve aisle fills up, he dutifully moves all the Impalas into the ES and the HHRs into the EA.

But if you see a Volvo V70 station wagon, grab it.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:36 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
At that time of night on Friday, I wouldn't expect a whole lot. I can easily see a situation where some car porter decides that the two dozen Impalas are the "good" fullsize cars compared to the two dozen HHRs, so when the fullsize reserve aisle fills up, he dutifully moves all the Impalas into the ES and the HHRs into the EA.

But if you see a Volvo V70 station wagon, grab it.
Very good insight. Trip was last weekend, and there were about 18 Chevy Impalas on the line, with one base model Dodge Charger and one Ford Crown Vic. All in all, a very sad lineup. I went with a relatively new Imp (3k miles). Asked about the Caddy CTS that was sitting there, and the agent said I could upgrade for a mere $120... but that was over double what I was already paying for the weekend, so I said "Nah, I'll take an Impala - do you happen to have any available?" He didn't laugh...

CLG
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
Got a car from BWI today - convertible Ford Mustang and a Caddy sitting in the VIP section when you walk in,

The Executive aisle was full of both impalas and chargers.

hopped in a silver charger, driving to the exit booth and screeched to a halt, jumped out and hopped my butt into a brand new Challenger that was sitting in the "intermediate aisle"

there was no key in it however.. so I went up to the desk and the attendant said you can call ahead and ask to have cars reserved if there is a specific one you want. He was kind enough to dig around and find another challenger that had been returned earlier in the day and check it out to me.

lucky score for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.