Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BWI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
ES on Sunday night was Impala, Camry, a Kia SUV of some sort, a Grand Marquis, and a bunch of Lincoln Town Cars (2011s with low miles). Took the TC since I haven't been out boating in a while Appears that the ES folks here are really making an effort.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I nearly always get a Charger there or the Chrystler 300. As long at its full size and has Sirius, I am happy. I am looking for a Challenger every time I go there.

I have a question... I am Emerald Executive level. If theres a Challenger or Maxima right by the door (in the executive row), can I take it?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jb3t
I have a question... I am Emerald Executive level. If theres a Challenger or Maxima right by the door (in the executive row), can I take it?
If you have a reservation for a full size car with your Emerald Club number in the reservation, you should be eligible for the Executive Selection row at every Emerald Aisle location and can take any vehicle placed on the Exec Select.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by jb3t
I nearly always get a Charger there or the Chrystler 300. As long at its full size and has Sirius, I am happy. I am looking for a Challenger every time I go there.

At BWI, you cannot take the cars with the trunks facing the building, as you walk out on the left. Those are "executive VIP" and not the same as executive selection.

Anything else straight ahead and slightly to the left is fair game.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat.
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
At BWI, you cannot take the cars with the trunks facing the building, as you walk out on the left. Those are "executive VIP" and not the same as executive selection.

Anything else straight ahead and slightly to the left is fair game.
Right, and the executive VIP cars shouldn't have keys in them, so go ahead and try to grab one.

I'm not sure about other airports, but our executive selection/aisle service is quite large. The only difference between the executive selection and aisle cars are the miles.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:11 am

I picked up from the aisle two weeks ago at 4 pm and there were only five vehicles - anywhere, even reserve spots. Sebring, Kia CUV, Beetle, Impala and a Charger. I took the Charger - it only had 16 miles on it.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Southwest Rewards, Marriott Gold, National Executive
How decent is the EA/ES selection 2 days before Xmas? I'm picking up a car from there at 8AM on the 23rd.

If it's anything like DCA 2 days before Thanksgiving the pickings are slim. The EA (which is what I was at that time... that rental made me ES ) only had a Dodge Avenger and a Toyota Camry (which I just missed out on... I had to take the Avenger).
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum
Saturday 2/19 around noon.

Both EA and ES were pretty empty. ES had a grand marquis, jeep liberty or patriot, ford escape, and VW Tiguan. Took the Escape which was brand new with 2 miles and working sirius satellite radio.

Can't remember the EA but when I came to return the car, the ES was full of Impalas.
Old May 2, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: Work from home now, no more status for me
Was here Sunday evening around 6:30. ES had a couple ford expeditions, dodge ram 1500 crew cab, gmc midsize pickup crew cab, random land yachts, impalas and a 300. Went for the expedition cause i was bored. People tend to move out of the way of me when i'm driving in this thing, it's nice
Old May 9, 2011, 3:19 pm

Back here again Sunday Night at 9p. Your standard forgettable american cars (lots of land yachts) and japanese base model cars. Choices of Note: Toyota minivan, Chevy Silverado Crew Cab and a Jeep Wrangler 2 door. Grabbed the only Jeep Grand Cherokee for myself.
Old May 11, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
I'm kind of bummed they don't seem to have convertibles this time of year
Old May 11, 2011, 6:44 pm

could of sworn i had seen a convertible or two when i picked my car on sunday night. will be back there friday evening dropping off and will take a look. will also be back picking up sunday afternoon.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by thirdfey
could of sworn i had seen a convertible or two when i picked my car on sunday night. will be back there friday evening dropping off and will take a look. will also be back picking up sunday afternoon.
I did manage to score a Chrysler 200 Convertible for the last week; had to ask for it, and they brought it over from one of the other brands.

In the Executive Selection, I saw a Volksagen CC, a couple Panthers, some Chevrolet Impalas, and a Chrysler 300. The Emerald Aisle contained the usual assortment of Chevrolet Impalas, Chevrolet Malibus, Toyota Camrys, and Nissan Altimas.
Old May 24, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
I did manage to score a Chrysler 200 Convertible for the last week; had to ask for it, and they brought it over from one of the other brands.

In the Executive Selection, I saw a Volksagen CC, a couple Panthers, some Chevrolet Impalas, and a Chrysler 300. The Emerald Aisle contained the usual assortment of Chevrolet Impalas, Chevrolet Malibus, Toyota Camrys, and Nissan Altimas.
I am always looking for a convertible. Hope the selection is better than the last time I was in BWI on Christmas Day where there were no cars on the lot at either Alamo, National, or Enterprise. With the Exec status they gave me a Chevy Malibu as the car was just dropped off so I took that over nothing. The manager said that 150 cars did not show up so they were giving cars out as they got them or cancelling your reservation and sending you over to Hertz who was the only car rental company that had inventory.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by BonzoESC
a couple Panthers
May I ask what car model this is - I'm not aware of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.