Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BWI

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Tuesday at Noon

Originally Posted by ktremor
After dropping of my car tonight the EE had impalas, avalons, and camrys
Plan to pick up this Tuesday around Noon, Executive Service, my 15 y/o car nut will be with me.. Can I impress him?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:35 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Friday, 9/21 7PM
EA/ES was mostly full sizes (Malibus/Impalas/Passats/Camry). I am noticing a disappointing trend that it is becoming all but impossible to distinguish the EA and ES at this location. Ended up grabbing the only "different' vehicle available which was a 2000-mile 2013 Equinox LT, 4-cylinder FWD with an inservice date of late August. No active XM which makes me think GM is getting wise to fleet vehicles and the trial is less than 3 months (perhaps it is mileage based, 500 or 1000 miles).

Saturday 9/22, 9AM
Had to return the Equinox due to a TPMS fault. EA/ES again had nothing but Camries, Altimas, Impalas, and Malibus. Requested a 2013 Terrain and production out a loaded SLT2, which I appreciated. "VIP" upgrade section was a 200 Convertible, Mustang convertible, Challenger, and Camaro. Saw a 2013 MKS peeking out from Luxury.

Monday, 9/25 4:30AM
Typical Monday morning with cars of all types stacked anywhere there was room. Notable sights on the ES included several Suburbans, an Enclave, and a Taurus.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Where Is the Rental Facility...Annapolis??

Just kidding...but, it is quite a ride. (Of the airports with consolidated facilities, is it the longest ride?)

Anyway, arrived Monday 10/15 @ 11AM :
- Was hoping for a Ford...a) for the drive to New Castle, DE, and, b) to make points with the client, a Ford dealership.

ES : Upon arrival. not many vehicles (BWI does do a good job of restocking). Fortunately, I had a little time, and watched as minivans, Malibu, LaCrosse, multiple 300s were brought in. There was a Lincoln (MKS?) brought in, but, thought it might be too "high class" for my audience (don't want them to think they're paying me too much )
EA : Altima, Sonata, Malibu, Charger, etc.
VIP : Volvo, 2 X Mustang (Convertible)

Station Manager was out, managing the movements. I explained my situation, and he noticed a Taurus in the return area. Ten minutes later, it was washed and ready for me - '13, Black, VA Plates, 3,800 miles, XM, back-up camera...perfect for the ride up I-95, dodging the Maryland State Troopers, who were out in force.

Kudos to Station Manager, Ayad Piro...if anyone ever needs anything from the Enterprise Holdings companies (National/Enterprise/Alamo) @ BWI, there's a name for you.

Last edited by nycatl; Oct 19, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:24 pm

National BWI is corporate, not franchise. Hence the mix of out of state plates from one-ways.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:38 pm

Anyone had any recent experience with what is usually in the ES and EA aisle? I am going to be renting there in around 2 weeks and hope to get an SUV or mini van. Are these usually common to see? or just cars?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by dustenm
Anyone had any recent experience with what is usually in the ES and EA aisle? I am going to be renting there in around 2 weeks and hope to get an SUV or mini van. Are these usually common to see? or just cars?
What time are you arriving? Time of day makes all the difference at this location.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by dustenm
BWI is in my experience one of the worst stations for getting SUV/crossovers on the ES. I've seen the ES have 15 Impalas on it on a Saturday morning. I end up with more Impalas and Chargers at BWI than any other full-aisle ES station.

But if you're ok with a minivan, your odds are much better. Again, as the previous poster indicated, it's very time of day/week specific.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
BWI is in my experience one of the worst stations for getting SUV/crossovers on the ES. I've seen the ES have 15 Impalas on it on a Saturday morning. I end up with more Impalas and Chargers at BWI than any other full-aisle ES station.

But if you're ok with a minivan, your odds are much better. Again, as the previous poster indicated, it's very time of day/week specific.

Ok, thanks for the info. A mini van is what I was really looking to get anyway and I have time to wait there so hopefully they will bring one in.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:11 pm

Friday 6PM

ES
Town and Country (rare to see a minivan in ES here)
Several Camaros
Jeep Grand Cherokee (Laredo loaded with xenons and navigation but reeked of tobacco)
2013 Genesis
3 300s, 1 was a 300C
Avalon

EA
Usual FCAR fare
2 Jetta wagons

Premium
All Camaros, 1 was a 2LT, rest LS trim

Up front by the desk had a 2013 MKS and a Mustang convertible.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:47 am

Tuesday 1130AM

EA
All Dodge Stratus and Mazda 5s

ES
3 Chevy Silverado full size pickups
2 200 convertibles
1 300
Impalas and Malibus

Spotted several 2013 Pathfinders in the SUV section being plated as I walked up.

Up front had a G37x, Cadillac CTS and the same MKS from last week.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:16 am

Friday 7PM

ES
Impalas
2 Chargers
1 Maxima
1 Taurus
1 2013 Pathfinder SV
1 Kia Optima

EA
Mostly Avengers
1 Jetta wagon
1 Kia Soul

Dirty stack was overflowing with interesting cars. Saw several new Fusions in various trims including Hybrid, a Kia Optima hybrid, and a BMW X5. I was given the green light to take a loaded 2013 Jeep GC from the dirty pile (navi, xenons, leather) but Christopher ***** (previous renter who left his itinerary on the seat) forgot to leave the car keys. I hope his JetBlue flight was a pleasant one.

Luckily the Alamo upgrade row had an identical 2012 GC and after a bit of negotiating with the booth attendant got into it with no extra charge on a Premium reservation. Thank you National once again!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 5:08 pm

Sunday 6PM

ES
Impalas and Malibus
1 Genesis
1 Sonata
1 200 convertible

EA
Inaccessible due to parked stock for Monday rush (wonder if EA customers with reservations tonight were being directed to ES)

VIP/paid upgrade
Chevy Tahoe
Lincoln MKS
Infiniti G37X
Cadillac ATS
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Dropped off here Friday at 1:30pm. ES had all sedans save for a couple of SUVs. Didn't look like anything was an upgrade, although there may have been a PCAR hiding in there somewhere.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:10 am

Arrived about 3:30pm on Thursday, 2/28...

VIP...
Chevy Tahoe/Suburban (black)
Either Charger or Camaro convertible (grey/silver)
Infiniti
Cadillac

ES...
Lots of Chargers all colors
Lots of mini vans all colors
2 brand new Challengers*
VW Taureg
Dodge crossover SUV
Kia/Hyundai small SUV
Couple 300's

* - I hesitated with not taking the VW Taureg since I was driving to PIT and it does have a Porsche engine. But the Challenger was too nice to pass up. I grabbed the white which had a grand total of 5 miles on it...the black one was occupied by an employee who seemed to be "working" on it. Actually, I think I grabbed the white one before it was supposed to be released as none of the extras had been installed (I installed the push button start myself) and the bumpers and lights were still covered with the protective sticker wrap.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:40 pm

Returned the Challenger today about 3:30pm with a little over 620 miles on it now. Check-in/Return agent asked me how I ended up with the new Challenger which was coded as SSAR (special sports car) which should have only been available on the VIP row or reservation only, not for EA/ES rentals. She said I got lucky. I agree.

Here's what was available...

VIP...
BMW SUV black (didn't see model name)
Camaro non-convertible black (also coded SSAR)
Charger R/T fully-loaded silver
Cadillac
Volvo (c40?) white

ES...
Everything EXTREMELY boring!
Ford Flex dark blue
Mini-van assembly line
Two Impalas
Toyota Camry gold

On a side note - long cue of cars waiting to get checked-in, cleaned, etc yet only 1 check-in/return agent working on check-ins. It took her about 10 minutes to get to me. There was an employee in the booth watching tv and talking on his cell phone. Maybe that's why the car selection was so terrible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.