Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:42 pm

I have ES status, what is the minimum car I can reserve to get the ES selection at OGG? If I reserve the cheapest available online for the week at $200 but its not technically available to upgrade to the ES selection, will I have to pay more? Also, should I just book the mid-size since it says Executive Eligible? What does the Executive Eligible mean?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jcalifornia
I have ES status, what is the minimum car I can reserve to get the ES selection at OGG? If I reserve the cheapest available online for the week at $200 but its not technically available to upgrade to the ES selection, will I have to pay more? Also, should I just book the mid-size since it says Executive Eligible? What does the Executive Eligible mean?
Executive Eligible means you can take from ES.
Old May 4, 2014, 4:12 pm

Dropped off here 5/3 AM.

In EA:

* Captiva
* Taurus
* Challenger (!)
* Charger
* Altima
* Mustang Coupe
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key
Does anyone know the Emerald availability at OGG lately? I've got a reservation for a mid-size, but don't want to get stuck with a mid-size car since there are 4 of us plus luggage. I always have a great selection elsewhere, but was unsure of the availability.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:45 am

Any recent updates for OGG? I am heading there in 2 weeks and it would be great to know what has been showing up there lately.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Was at OGG last week. ES had 2 Challengers, 2 Camaro coupes, a Maxima, and a Taurus. There may have been a couple of Chargers too, but I think they were EA.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
Had a great experience at OGG last week. Reserved a midsize as an Emerald exec. and drove off in a Cadillac. Departure and return handled very quickly by friendly staff, as was bus service from/to the terminal.

I wish all locations were this good.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:02 pm

Can you pick up a Jeep in ES?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qantas Platinum, United S
Reserved a convertible, was choosing from 3 Mustangs and 1 Camaro.

The Mustangs National uses here are quite old but in good shape.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I just got back the other day and Avis had all kinds of Jeeps. I saw them everywhere I went, so I am sure the other rental companies have them too.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by svenskaflicka
I just got back the other day and Avis had all kinds of Jeeps. I saw them everywhere I went, so I am sure the other rental companies have them too.
National absolutely has Jeeps. Whether they will be available on ES -- I wouldnt make that assumption. If you absolutely must have a Jeep (or a convertible), I'd recommend reserving one (and/or doing the double reservation game).
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by qs933
National absolutely has Jeeps. Whether they will be available on ES -- I wouldnt make that assumption. If you absolutely must have a Jeep (or a convertible), I'd recommend reserving one (and/or doing the double reservation game).
Does National allow you to upgrade at the desk? Any idea how much that would cost?

I'd prefer not to do a double reservation but will if I need to.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by midnightblade
Does National allow you to upgrade at the desk? Any idea how much that would cost?

I'd prefer not to do a double reservation but will if I need to.
If they have what you're looking for, I'm sure you'd be able to upgrade -- however, who knows what the cost will be. If you really need/want it, you're not exactly in the best position to negotiate pricing at the counter, especially for high demand vehicles like Jeeps and convertibles.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: National Exec Elite, Hertz Pres. Circle, Air Canada 25K
Was there last week. Staff was very friendly on both the pick-up and return. The EE and EA had almost identical cars. Mustang hardtops (no convertibles), impalas, malibus, altimas, hyundai, chryslers. No Jeeps, SUVs or Minivans on the aisle. All of those were in the reserve sections.

I had an SUV reserved, but the guy working in the lot was quite concerned that I wasn't trying to take a Tahoe. Apparently they were specifically asked for by other renters, so I wasn't given an option to take anything other than 1 of the 2 Standard SUVs they had on the lot - that was it. I saw a couple of Jeeps and a Cadillac CUV? in the Speciality spots - but everything was apparently reserved that day so I couldn't "upgrade" to those. I am EE and was using free days, but still wasn't allowed to take anything other than what I reserved. That was fine with me - so no issues. SUV had ~14K Miles, so not new, but not too bad.

Lot looked much the same on my return, but at least it was full!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:47 pm

Flew in yesterday. Alamo/National shuttle was packed, we filled a bus and there must have been 30 people behind us who had to wait for the next bus. Arrived at the facility and we were the only EA folks on the bus (everyone else went to the counter). Went behind the building and the lot was packed.

EA was full of Altimas and Sonatas. Ended up with a brand new (24 mile) 2015 Sonata. Remember the license plates go in alphabetical order, so our LEW plate means a newer car than the LDB plate on the car next to it.

The Sonata is nice but sure has a buzzy 4 cylinder engine. Good fuel economy but not much get-up-and-go.

Everyone sure is friendly at this location. A great way to start a tropical vacation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.