Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by Alaska737890
Generally with the upgrades here it would only be from a Fusion to an Impala. SUV's (and cars in general) tend to be very scarce especially on peak times (ie. when mainland flights come in). I have even witnessed on two seperate occasions, the porter brings out a Wrangler and he would'nt even park it and there would be five people duking it out in the parking lot on who would get it. Just for that reason alone, the staff will charge you a premium unless you are the extra lucky one that finds something in aisle.
imho its a downgrade going from a Fusion to an Impala
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: UA-Plat AS-MVPG
The lot attendent has always verified who had reserved a Wrangler when I have rented them at OGG.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.1; Galaxy Nexus Build/ITL41F) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

Anyone know what the convertible selection, if any, is here? Is it all Mustang or is something with a more substantial back seat available?

Mustangs all I saw there 10 days ago. Took a Caddy myself.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, United Gold, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive
Had an EA reservation there on 7/19. The EA selection was pitiful.

EA:
FOUR Impalas
Malibu
Avenger

ES:
Impala
Grand Marquis
Jeep Liberty
Jeep Wrangler
Caravan

I mentioned to the attendant that there was little variety in the EA selection. He seemed surprised by this statement. He said "this is all they give us from the boat" and offered me to look at other mid-size cars not in the EA aisle, although he said I couldn't take one that had more than 20k miles on it! He also offered me an Altima at the last minute. I asked for the Wrangler in the ES and he gave it to me for a $30/day upgrade fee.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
was just there arriving on 7/25 and leaving on 8/1. EA had Impalas and Chrysler 200's. Impalas looked very old and tired. ES had Nissan Pickup, Jeep Liberty, Mazda 6, Nissan Rogue. I took the Liberty. It had 10K miles on it. I don't know if I would rent from this location again due to the poor vehicle selection. The upside is it was much less busy than Alamo who is in the same building. Also the attendant at the lot, forgot his name, was ultra friendly and helpful.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Picked up an Impala the other day from the EA, which had a poor selection. Was hoping to find something larger, since we're travelling with a baby. Oh well, this will get us from point A to point B. On the positive, it had working XM radio. I don't know if that's standard these days, as I only rent one or two times a year.

ES had some minivans.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
We have been really disapointed with National at OGG on our last couple of visits. My husband belongs to the club, so we always go directly to the EA. These cars are real beaters. We just returned from Maui and ended up with the dumpiest vehicle. We booked the Impala, but ended up with a huge Chrysler that looked like something Jack Lord drove on Hawaii Five-O.

We arrived around noon from an inter-island and there were very few cars to choose from. When I saw it I thought it was a Lincoln, so we settled on it. We drove away and realized what a piece of junk it was. the rugs were extremely stained, the dash had big black scuff marks on it and the bumpers were all scratched to hell. I asked the attendant for the slip to make note of the damage and she just said damage to the bumpers were excluded as well as any on the rear end. What? She was in a real hurry and told us to go to the attendant in the booth. Also, the mileage was 19,000 miles!! We should have insisted on a different car, but we were flustered and as someone else here said, it got us from point A to point B. My husband said it was like driving a marshmallow because the brakes were squishy.

They used to give us some great Buicks and REAL Lincoln's as upgrades with barely any mileage. Not anymore. It was embarrassing driving into the Four Seasons with this big, red boat from 1970. When I joked around with the valet abut the car belomging to Jack Lord, he laughed himself silly.

We are just going to pay the piper and rent from Hertz. They have a great fleet of cars and they are from this decade.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by svenskaflicka
We have been really disapointed with National at OGG on our last couple of visits.....

We are just going to pay the piper and rent from Hertz. They have a great fleet of cars and they are from this decade.
Hmmm, I have a pickup scheduled this Saturday....now I'm thinking of switching to Hertz too. The last time I rented from OGG Hertz as a Gold member, I was put in a Volvo convertible. I guess I can book both and see who gives me the nicer car...maybe I'll toss Avis in to spread my risk
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Hmmm, I have a pickup scheduled this Saturday....now I'm thinking of switching to Hertz too. The last time I rented from OGG Hertz as a Gold member, I was put in a Volvo convertible. I guess I can book both and see who gives me the nicer car...maybe I'll toss Avis in to spread my risk
Although I've never thought of doing this myself, it's not a bad idea.

Please make sure to tell the National people they lost business due to their bad fleet.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
Although I've never thought of doing this myself, it's not a bad idea.

Please make sure to tell the National people they lost business due to their bad fleet.
Avis and Hertz are sold out I wasn't able to confirm anything. I'm stuck with the pickins' at National.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:08 pm

When I arrived, it was Malibus and Malibus in your color of choice. I was offered a minivan (declined), and finally a relative new Chevy Impala with leather showed up, which I took...but the SO found what they referred to as 'sweat and salt' stains on the seat and refused to sit there....so I returned and requested one of the Jeep Compass and was allowed to swap.

Big kudos to the station team for being patient with my SO's indecisiveness and allowing me to swap out for something off the aisle.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
Still not much interesting on the aisles at OGG, but at least they've recently received a fresh shipment of 2013 Altimas. Picked one up with 500 miles on the odometer that still had the new car smell (a rarity on the islands.) Great fuel economy too - averaged 35 MPG!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:45 pm

arrived 1/4 11pm

Executive had alot of new altimas, and ltz impalas, and a sonata

emerald aisle had malibus, more impalas, and an altima

suv was wrangler

full size: impalas malibu

med: elantra impala(idk why)

premium: genesis which i took. 900mi (prem reserv)

the gate lady was very nice, and helpful.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I have three free days which i am going to use at this location.
What should i expect for Luxury reservation? or Full size SUV?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 2:00 pm

I'm new to National and never been to this location OGG. It's a little confusing about the Emerald Club/Aisle/Reserved service. I booked a luxury car using my Emerald club membership for April 2013. On the reservation it said "Level of service Emerald Reserved", but later on when the sent me the email confirmation, it said "Level of service Counter" Does that mean I go line up at the counter?
Another thing is I wanted to get the CTS, but some posts said they don't have CTS in this location. Any tips on this location would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.