FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at OGG
Thread: Cars at OGG
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:00 pm
svenskaflicka

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
We have been really disapointed with National at OGG on our last couple of visits. My husband belongs to the club, so we always go directly to the EA. These cars are real beaters. We just returned from Maui and ended up with the dumpiest vehicle. We booked the Impala, but ended up with a huge Chrysler that looked like something Jack Lord drove on Hawaii Five-O.

We arrived around noon from an inter-island and there were very few cars to choose from. When I saw it I thought it was a Lincoln, so we settled on it. We drove away and realized what a piece of junk it was. the rugs were extremely stained, the dash had big black scuff marks on it and the bumpers were all scratched to hell. I asked the attendant for the slip to make note of the damage and she just said damage to the bumpers were excluded as well as any on the rear end. What? She was in a real hurry and told us to go to the attendant in the booth. Also, the mileage was 19,000 miles!! We should have insisted on a different car, but we were flustered and as someone else here said, it got us from point A to point B. My husband said it was like driving a marshmallow because the brakes were squishy.

They used to give us some great Buicks and REAL Lincoln's as upgrades with barely any mileage. Not anymore. It was embarrassing driving into the Four Seasons with this big, red boat from 1970. When I joked around with the valet abut the car belomging to Jack Lord, he laughed himself silly.

We are just going to pay the piper and rent from Hertz. They have a great fleet of cars and they are from this decade.