Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:42 pm

Arrival on Thanksgiving in the EA: Altimas, Malibus and a 200. We kept our standby reservation for a Wrangler that was cheaper than the midsize EA.

Upon leaving 12/4, two convertibles, a small SUV and some sedans.

I must say, this location is the most friendly of any I've been to, and will go out of their way to help as much as possible.

The best part is our bus was full of Alamo people who disembark and then go stand in line for counter assistance, while we zip right over to our lot full of cars.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:14 pm

Arrived 9:15pm last night. Lots of Nissans, a few Sonatas, a Santa Fe and two base 300's. Took a 300 although would have been happy with the Santa Fe. Would have loved a convertible or any other PCAR (except Maxima) or 300C but the newer base 300's are a big improvement over the last ones. Were plenty of Wranglers in the reserve section but given that these were renting for about $700/wk++ (our midsize rate was $112++) I didn't bother to ask.

Greeter was friendly. Doesn't feel like they really separate executive and aisle, I grabbed the 300 in executive since I preferred the color but the other was in emerald.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by BrianBSL
Greeter was friendly. Doesn't feel like they really separate executive and aisle, I grabbed the 300 in executive since I preferred the color but the other was in emerald.
When I've seen PCARs or crossovers/SUVs in the Emerald section at OGG, they've usually been older and/or higher mileage than the ones in the Exec section.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred and CP, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Heading to OGG this Saturday, arriving around 3pm. Any recent reports?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
Originally Posted by mek17
Heading to OGG this Saturday, arriving around 3pm. Any recent reports?
As of last week:

- Many Sonatas
- Many Altimas
- Charger
- Fusion
- Malibu

Executive & Emerald tend to have similar choices, with newer/lower mileage selections on the Executive side.

Enjoy the sunshine & warmth of Maui!
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite
Arrived 2/12 for a 5 day reservation. Was greeted at the entrance to the lot by a friendly National employee who had a list of everyone arriving that day. Noted I was EE but didn't offer anything extraordinary. My family really wanted an SUV or van but none were in any of the EA or Exec slots. Settled on a new 300C with 340 miles on it

Other choices on the exec aisle included Sonatas, Malibus, a Fusion, and a few other random smaller cars. All of them looked quite new.

Upon return the Exec aisle had SUVs, a van, and the usual mid-sized selection noted above.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Arrived 2/26 for an 11-day reservation. When we arrived at the Executive Area, we were greeted by two employees who asked what we were looking for. I stated an SUV would be nice and they said they had a Hyundai Tucson across the lot and they would bring it to us. They did that and then went about loading our luggage in the back.

Excellent service! Also, the vehicle was nice to drive.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:12 am

Any updates to selections here

Booked for 21 days in August. Any recent reports?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Williams
Booked for 21 days in August. Any recent reports?
Was at OGG for Memorial Day weekend. I had an FRAR reserved but I snapped some pics of the Exec Aisle:

Last edited by dandelpino; Jun 15, 2016 at 12:52 pm Reason: Picture links were broken; fixed now.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
As many have stated... one of the friendliest/helpful staff I've ever seen. Slim pickins when we were there in early May. Mostly Impala's at about 9 PM on a Thursday.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:04 pm

Newby questions about EC executive status

Deleted post as I just found, and read, the FAQ.

Last edited by flew-d-coop; Jul 29, 2016 at 12:17 pm Reason: found FAQ
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:32 am

Any suggestions on getting a Chevy Suburban in OGG, arriving 8/15 and returning 8/21?

Best quote I can find is approximately $1100 base.

I'm Emerald Executive and Avis Preferred Plus.

I have other alliances as well, AAA, AARP, Costco Member and I have most every major bank's travel credit card (hotel/airline) and Diamond Hyatt and Hilton and Gold SPG and Ritz/Marriott.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:01 pm

Will be going in May 2017 and using free days. Are there any Jeep Wranglers in executive lot? Trying to decide if I should just book the Jeep instead of the executive aisle
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:10 pm

Was there on 10/11 midday and there was very little to choose from on the exec aisle. The guy in front of me picked the last Charger leaving me with a selection of Malibu's and Altima's.

Noticed upon return there were about 4 of the same silver Malibu lined up next to each other on the ES.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: National, Hertz
Hello FT!

Any recent updates on choices for Executive and EA?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.