Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:52 pm

Friday at 230pm. ES/EA are completely decimated. Many empty spots. 3x Nissan Altimas (not the 3.5), 3x Ford Fusion SE Hybrids (not Titanium). One family had some more things including child seats, a manager looking person pulled up a black Maxima Platinum for them from the back.

As I was leaving in a Fusion Hybrid, a Altima 3.5 was pulled up along with another Fusion Hybrid (potentially platinum, had the larger chrome wheels).

Says the aisles are quite low due to high demand of cars this weekend for obvious reasons (Christmas).
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:16 am

Saturday at 6pm.

Not as bad as Friday. Aisles about 1/3 empty.

Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid x1
Ford Fusion SE Hybrid xSeveral
Nissan Sentra x1
Nissan Altima xSeveral
Jeep Wrangler Sport, Wrangler Unlimited

Nissan Maxima Platinum (took this one, finally trying out a Maxima, very well appointed inside, dark blue exterior with the light interior works well, dual moonroof, nice leather stiching, good power, decent faux wood trimming, all the driving assist techs, Navigation/CarPlay is not active - needs subscription according to the manual) - not too surprising this was a 2017 model year bought in 11/2017, likely good discount as a leftover model.

Agent at the location said due to holiday weekend, cars are VERY limited. And any complimentary upgrades are basically no go...since I asked about a convertible, pretty much said that would be a $100/day...even as an EE and being very reasonable/kind in manners. Says this is the same for other locations, which is quite logical and a "duh" moment.

But as with a place like Maui, the best parts of the trip is not an incredible deal on a fancy car.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:48 am

Monday at 630pm. This is 12/25, FIY.

EA/ES are absolutely decimated again. Most rows are empty tonight.

Ford Fusion x1
Hyundai Sonata x1
Nissan Frontier x2

Every other car was reserved (mostly smaller to mid size SUVs and Jeeps).
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
I’ve seen Maximas in S and SV trim, so that’s great if they also have the Platinum with the latest batch that they bought. Sure is an improvement over prior years when all Nissans were the base model.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
I’ve seen Maximas in S and SV trim, so that’s great if they also have the Platinum with the latest batch that they bought. Sure is an improvement over prior years when all Nissans were the base model.
Indeed. The only thing that was a bit odd is that the steering wheel was quite heavy when turning at a stand still or from very slow speeds...and the power steering doesn't get going until you are up to speed...which not sure if it's the car or something wrong....never had anything like this. I expect heavier steering from sportier cars. Also, for some reason you can see lot of left over gunk/tape on all 4 wheels (I could make out "CUSTO" and "DELIV") so likely some kind of factory tape that maybe was not fully taken off/washed off? Saw another rental Maxima with the same symptoms.
I really liked the center console/armrest/stack setup the best out of all the cars I've been in. Only other thing that was quite odd was each time engine was turned off, I had to pair the phone again via bluetooth to continue music.

They did have Altima 3.5s as well that I saw on my first night there just as we were pulling out.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for anyone who has to gas up at the lone station in Hana....$5.50+/gallon.....
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Indeed. The only thing that was a bit odd is that the steering wheel was quite heavy when turning at a stand still or from very slow speeds...and the power steering doesn't get going until you are up to speed...which not sure if it's the car or something wrong....never had anything like this. I expect heavier steering from sportier cars. Also, for some reason you can see lot of left over gunk/tape on all 4 wheels (I could make out "CUSTO" and "DELIV") so likely some kind of factory tape that maybe was not fully taken off/washed off? Saw another rental Maxima with the same symptoms.
I really liked the center console/armrest/stack setup the best out of all the cars I've been in. Only other thing that was quite odd was each time engine was turned off, I had to pair the phone again via bluetooth to continue music.

They did have Altima 3.5s as well that I saw on my first night there just as we were pulling out.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for anyone who has to gas up at the lone station in Hana....$5.50+/gallon.....
It's the car. I've rented these whenver I see them. I love it and find the stiffer steering one of the reasons whu
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
It's the car. I've rented these whenver I see them. I love it and find the stiffer steering one of the reasons whu
Dang, maybe I need to work out my arms/wrists more, lol. My fiancee would've had very hard time driving around/parking.

I've had heavier steering feel for sportier cars, which is expected and a good thing for sport driving, but in the usual sedan/"luxury" level cars, like a Maxima, I was expecting lighter/assisted steering feel at low speeds.

Might just be the car, will see if I have more chances to try another Maxima in future to confirm
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
I've had heavier steering feel for sportier cars, which is expected and a good thing for sport driving, but in the usual sedan/"luxury" level cars, like a Maxima, I was expecting lighter/assisted steering feel at low speeds.
Nissan markets the Maxima as the “4 Door Sports Car” so that could be the reason for the sportier/heavier steering relative to something like a Camry.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:57 pm

Dang, maybe I need to work out my arms/wrists more, lol. My fiancee would've had very hard time driving around/parking.

Might just be the car, will see if I have more chances to try another Maxima in future to confirm

The thing is nissan is selling it as a four door sports car.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
Nissan markets the Maxima as the “4 Door Sports Car” so that could be the reason for the sportier/heavier steering relative to something like a Camry.
Originally Posted by Closingracer
The thing is nissan is selling it as a four door sports car.
Ahh, very interesting. Makes more sense now then.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:36 pm

Of the bunch, does the Fusion get the best MPG?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by rbears
Of the bunch, does the Fusion get the best MPG?
Yup. It's a hybrid so fro car computer it showed about 45mpg or so
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:26 pm

That's great, if I can't get into that 4 series, the Fusion will do well otherwise.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:42 pm

Made a 1/7 Luxury reservation. went in and asked to see if there is any mid-sized SUV since we have 2 large luggage and 3 carry-on and 4 adults. The attendant pulled up Cadillac XT5 base. Saw "change engine oil light" on just after getting off. This one has over 13k miles on it. Returned back and see if they have another available.Voila! they got me Cadillac XT5 Platinum with less than 1200 miles on it.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:12 pm

Are the XT5 and XTS in the same category? I have a Luxury reservation coming up, and I think I'd rather have the XT5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.