Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OGG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Superb customer service

7/4 12pm

I walked to the car rental center instead of taking the trolly, it was packed with tourist and only takes 6-7 min to walk there.

executive isle: pretty boring. Combination of Nissan Frontier, Chrysler minivan, Hyundai SUV, Honda CRV, and a few generic sedans.

However, agreed with the service here is superb. Asked for a Camaro/Mustang, was given a Camaro base convertible in 2 mins. There was a Camaro SS hardtop with premium tag, asked nicely to rep and he simply just took the tag off and gave me the car. Made my day and vacation more enjoyable. Def will rent from National more often!
Tpa-flyer likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC

Got this 2019 Camaro SS with 6k miles
Tpa-flyer and xienon like this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Didn't recognize it from the photo, and then I realized -- they opened the new car rental center. Haven't been to Maui since last summer when National was still in the outdoor lot.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
Didn't recognize it from the photo, and then I realized -- they opened the new car rental center. Haven't been to Maui since last summer when National was still in the outdoor lot.
Is this new rental center larger than the previous one w/ a bigger Executive Aisle?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kthpence
Is this new rental center larger than the previous one w/ a bigger Executive Aisle?
Bump in hopes someone can answer above question. I came here today hoping that I could get confirmation an Executive Aisle was still in existence at OGG with the move. I see it is so I don't know why my reservation I just made said "Counter".
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
Bump in hopes someone can answer above question. I came here today hoping that I could get confirmation an Executive Aisle was still in existence at OGG with the move. I see it is so I don't know why my reservation I just made said "Counter".
I just booked a reservation for my upcoming trip to Maui in September, and chose the Executive Aisle option in online booking. Here is a screenshot of the email I received, which confirms Executive Aisle definitely still exists. I think the above poster was asking whether they now have a bigger selection after the move.

Edit: Well, it won't let me attach the image, since I'm a new member. The email confirmation reads, "Thanks for choosing National. You reserved a Full Size Car class vehicle on September 7, 2019 at KAHULUI ARPT." And further down in the email, it says "Upon arrival, please proceed to the Executive area to choose your vehicle."
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver, National EC Exec Elite
What are the chances of a wrangler in the Executive Aisle? Price difference is $250+ and it would be a cherry on top for this trip for my wife. Anyone ever call ahead and have someone hook them up?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by notsosimple
What are the chances of a wrangler in the Executive Aisle? Price difference is $250+ and it would be a cherry on top for this trip for my wife. Anyone ever call ahead and have someone hook them up?
Didn't see one when I was there last week, but I'm sure you could probably ask for them to bring one around ... everyone is super nice and helpful here - was in and out of the rental area within 10 mins of arriving. Compare that to the hundreds (literally) of people in line at the other rental agencies, I'd say National Executive Aisle is the way to go at OGG.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Originally Posted by notsosimple

Was there at the end of May and saw 6 between Emerald Aisle and Executive Selection. Ultimately, they're so common that you could probably request one from the staff at the aisle. They are incredibly helpful
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:10 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by qs933
Returned my Fusion Hybrid Titanium Sunday afternoon. Drove 200 miles on less than 6 gallons of gas.

The Exec line had:

- 1x Lincoln MKZ 2.0T
- 1x BMW 4-Series Convertible
- 1x Ford Fusion Titanium
- 1x Chevrolet Malibu LT
- 1x Chevrolet Colorado
- 1x Nissan Maxima SV
- Several Nissan Altima (SV and SL)

While waiting for the shuttle, a family was trying to squeeze themselves into the BMW with luggage, car seat, and a stroller. Left in the shuttle before I could see if they were successful.
I had to chuckle when I saw this post as I was trying to book a flight last minute, but that family was us when we were at Maui during mid August of last year. My wife insisted on trying to squeeze into the 4 series, when I was more adamant on getting into the Lincoln. The crazy part of it all? We all fit. The rear was roomy enough for two young kids with car seats, and with the top up there was just enough space in the trunk to fit our large suit case, a soft carry on, and a couple of backpacks. I was actually shocked it worked ... except that my wife had to carry the stroller with her.

And no, our kids didn't need to hold onto any suitcase thankfully, because that would have been the deal breaker. They sat comfortably.

The best part of it was the kids (and of course us ) had a blast when they saw the top came down for the first time. We were more comfortable that it was a hard top rather than a soft top which we wouldn't have picked.
cestmoi123 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:38 am

How is minivan availability during the Christmas season for an Executive? I booked my midsize reservations several months ago and noticed minivans were a bookable option but decided against it as it was twice the cost. But with a family of 11 going, I figured I need a backup option in case they were not available in the aisle. When I went to make a reservation today, I did not see any minivan options.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by ultramantaro
I had to chuckle when I saw this post as I was trying to book a flight last minute, but that family was us when we were at Maui during mid August of last year. My wife insisted on trying to squeeze into the 4 series, when I was more adamant on getting into the Lincoln. The crazy part of it all? We all fit. The rear was roomy enough for two young kids with car seats, and with the top up there was just enough space in the trunk to fit our large suit case, a soft carry on, and a couple of backpacks. I was actually shocked it worked ... except that my wife had to carry the stroller with her.

That’s funny — what a small world. That’s great that you were able to fit, as the 4-series was a nice upgrade on the Exec line.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by ppatel14
How is minivan availability during the Christmas season for an Executive? I booked my midsize reservations several months ago and noticed minivans were a bookable option but decided against it as it was twice the cost. But with a family of 11 going, I figured I need a backup option in case they were not available in the aisle. When I went to make a reservation today, I did not see any minivan options.
Many families go to Hawai'i for the holidays. If they are not showing online anymore, they are likely sold out. The island has only so many minivans. I would book a Tahoe or a Traverse while you still have the chance (those will only seat seven).

I can't speak from experience, but I would not expect any minivans to be on the aisles during the holidays.

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:11 am

Hi
We're arriving in OGG on Friday 18th October (2:30pm). 2 adults + 2 kids + probably 2/3 suitcases. We are from Australia. What are people's suggestions ? I want some kind of SUV or maybe convertible (though I don't know if the luggage will fit), Jeep Wrangler also ok.
What's the story with reserving a car, vs the executive "lot" and taking the chances at whatever is available? In this case, what type of car should I pick in the booking to have access to these choices of whatever is available on the day ?
In terms of choices in the reservation, I have Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar), Full size SUV (Ford Expedition or similar), Pickup (F150 or similar), and the Jeep Wrangler. The Jeeps are the most expensive.
I am Executive Elite level.
Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
LP
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:31 pm

Had an Emerald Reserve reservation for a convertible. Was given the option for a Camaro, Buick Cascada, or Wrangler. I actually went with the Cascada - a small compact car like this was perfect for the slim, windy road to Hana and Im not a fan of the Camaro when the top is up. Cascada wasn’t exactly fully loaded but I think the reviews against it are way way too harsh. Executive had some nicer sedans and Wranglers but if your just 2 people, I can’t imagine anything better than a convertible in Maui.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.