Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DTW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:09 pm

Rented about a week ago. Booked Luxury because it was essentially the same price as the mid/full size. I am EE with national. The EA and EE aisle was pretty average with a few dodge chargers and higher trim Mazda SUVs in the mix. The luxury had an Audi A6, Volvo S60, and a Cadillac CT4, and an Audi A4 (which I took).
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
A lot of Full Size SUV's in ES last night, even a couple in EA. Multiple Expeditions, an Armada, couple of Tahoes. On the other hand, very little in the way of sedans.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: National Executive Elite
Rented February 23-24 around 9am (Executive Aisle Full Size)
Notables: Cadillac CT4, 2024 Mercedes GLC 300, Jeep Rubicon 4xe, couple of trucks, few 2024 Honda Accords, 2024 Mustang Convertible, Volvo S60 and XC60.
Noticed a BMW 330e in the overflow lot and asked the booth agent if I could take it. She happily drove it over to me. Awesome service as usual
xienon, joepa26 and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:18 pm

Grabbed a 2024 BMW X5 50e with 10k miles today (3/4) had a 2024 BMW X5 40i last month. Both have similar options (Heads-up display, Harman-Kardon sound system, LED headlights, climate package). The 50e has adaptive air suspension which may be standard on this model.
Nice to see BMW’s with a few extra options but still no adaptive cruise control sadly.

Other notable cars I saw were Merc GLB, Audi Q5, and a new well-optioned Mustang and a lot of Jeeps.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:50 pm

Picked up a new 2024 Accord from Executive last night. Glad to see some other options in the sedan category besides the Malibu and Altima!
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:28 pm

Got an Audi A5 Sportback on the 29th. There were several Volvo SUVs, a 3 series, a 2 series, and many small SUVs on the lot. Unfortunately this A5 is in pretty bad shape for only 10k miles. It’s got a weird creaking noise from the front end when reversing and it’s got 3 out of 4 tires replaced with no name brands and drives kind of funny. It also smells like someone bombed it with cigarettes and the sprayed some chemical to cover it. Kind of disappointed in this one. Was looking forward to a nice car.

A week or so ago I had a Mazda CX50. 6k miles. It was totally spotless and in amazing condition. Had 4 original matching tires! Go figure.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:49 pm

4/9 9:15PM
Emerald Aisle: Mazda3s, Mazda CX-5, Bronco Sport, Corolla, Altima, Compass, Rogues
Executive: Wagoneer, Rams, Highlanders, RAV4 Adventure, Malibu, Edges, Equinox, RAV4 Hybrid, Pacificas, Rogues, Tucson
Old May 2, 2024, 3:11 pm

They seem to be getting more stingy at this location lately. Have a lot of cars pulled off to the side (between the canopy and the main road) and said they are reserved for "VIPs". Saw a new BMW 7 series and a couple Audi's over there. They seem to be moving to just putting a lot of large Jeep/Fords in the executive section instead of actual luxury cars.
Old May 11, 2024, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by DJMbenga
They seem to be getting more stingy at this location lately. Have a lot of cars pulled off to the side (between the canopy and the main road) and said they are reserved for "VIPs". Saw a new BMW 7 series and a couple Audi's over there. They seem to be moving to just putting a lot of large Jeep/Fords in the executive section instead of actual luxury cars.
This is a late report - picked up 4/30 approx 4:30p. Lot was full, mostly all uninspiring picks. Of note there was a RAM Laramie, Accord, several Minivans, Terrain and all the usual boring sedans/crossovers. Reserve had a Volvo XC90 for $50/day. I asked the booth attendant about other upgrades and she said I could pick any of those vehicles off to the side between the road and canopy for an upgrade. In that area they had 2 Wagoneers (Series 2), a GLE350, one Audi Q70, two Genesis GV80 (one they pulled to reserve eventually for $75/day extra). I asked how much extra per day they were and she said it varies and they will tell me at the booth. I was in no rush, so told her I was going to wait around and see what they pulled up. It was fairly busy and they were pulling up cars slowly (more of the same regular stuff). I waited around probably almost 40+ mins.

They pulled up a Wagoneer and the guy got out and asked me if I wanted it and I said sure. I walked around it twice and the booth lady came out real fast and was like oh so you are going to pay the upgrade fee? I said no, the guy just pulled this up and asked if I wanted it. She said no large SUVs you have to pay extra. I asked why did he just offer it to me then and she said maybe he overheard our conservation earlier...yeah right. Said fine just take it away then (had a bunch of scratches on one side anyway). Usually they are super friendly here but she was honestly the rudest with her tone / demeanor.

Waiting approx another 10mins and they parked a Palisade Calligraphy Night edition in executive. Gave it a quick once over jumped in left asap! Very nice vehicle, slightly underwhelming powertrain, kinda crappy gas mileage (got 23 on hwy over 200 mile roadtrip on ECO).
ginmqi likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 10:33 pm

I think I may have spoken with the same rude woman (youngish white lady) at the gate too! I brought a car which I had for the previous month to renew for another 2 weeks and the woman said "You have to take this back, there are no upgrades available currently" I told her that I was simply renewing the same car I had for the past month and she told me to wait and radio'd someone and after a couple minutes she curtly said "ok you are good". She does not belong in a customer service role. I agree with you they have always been extremely nice and accommodating at this location until very recently. They also charged me bogus fuel charges twice in a row here without mentioning anything when I returned the car. The last time I noticed on the emailed receipt just as I was leaving and I turned around and went straight back and asked the guy why tf he added a fuel fee and he said "oh sorry, you have to talk to the manager inside to reverse it, I can't do anything now". Thankfully I always take a picture of the fuel with ODO before returning, had to go inside and wait 15 minutes for a manager to reverse the charge. Ridiculous. A warning to everyone to make sure to take pics of fuel with odometer before returning and ask for printed copy of receipt on the spot so they don't try to pull a fast one. They may try this on cars rented on corporate accounts thinking that no one will notice, not sure if the guys at the return area are getting incentivized for tacking on fees or what.
Old May 15, 2024, 8:08 pm

Picked up Monday night. Lot was maybe 1/4 full. Lots of Wagoneers, Expeditions and Pacificas. One 2025 Toyota Camry that the guy in front of me grabbed. I wanted something smaller so I wandered around to see if something was hiding between these massive SUV's when they pulled up an Audi Q3 which I took. Only 1100 miles.
Auto Enthusiast, ginmqi and oftech like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.