Cars at DTW

Old Feb 11, 2023, 6:41 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by mkt
I'll be back on Monday - any recent reports?
Monday at 8pm
Lincoln Navigator
Lincoln Corsair
Cadillac XT6
Genesis G70 3.3T in bright blue (wanted it, but it had a giant scrape on the side that I didn't want to risk responsibility for)
Lexus RX350
Chevy Silverado
Chevy Suburban
Chevy Traverse
GMC Terrain
Several Mustangs

I took the Lexus and enjoyed a week of comfortable and reliable - if boring - luxury. Biggest annoyances with this car were 1- The Carplay screen is low resolution, stretched, and distorted - almost like an afterthought. And 2- When activating the turn signal, it turns off the carplay screen. This caused me to take the wrong off ramp one time.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:14 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Had a quick 24-hour rental out of here on Friday February 24:

ES Highlights:
Tons of brand new(ish) Charger and Challenger GTs; a few Hemi models sprinkled in
Several Mustang Ecoboost convertibles
BMW X5 xdrive45e hybrid
Several Jeep Gladiators, mostly looked like Sport trims
Audi A4 (finished in S-Line exclusive Navarra Blue)
Acura TLX
Honda Accord Sport

On return (Saturday, February 25), I did not go through the aisles but noted a BMW X7 and Cadillac XT5 parked in front of the ES.
oftech likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:20 pm

Picked up Monday night.

ES had loads of Chargers and Challengers. Several Mustang convertibles and Gladiators. One Q3 and a new Grand Cherokee which were grabbed fast. I took a Highlander.
strickerj and oftech like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:27 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Came through here today (4-6) around 4. Nice selection. Highlights were a fresh 2023 Camry XSE with the V6, a couple of Cadillac XT5s, and an Audi A3. Photos should give an idea of what else was there.

oftech likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:43 am

Wow this forum is really helpful and informative, I have an upcoming reservation and will be landing in DTW around 9:30 pm and pick-up at 10:00 pm on Wednesday night. will there be any good selections in ES on mid-week nights?
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by krangineni
Wow this forum is really helpful and informative, I have an upcoming reservation and will be landing in DTW around 9:30 pm and pick-up at 10:00 pm on Wednesday night. will there be any good selections in ES on mid-week nights?
I've almost never been disappointed with the ES at DTW regardless of the time of day, it's one of the consistantly good selections around the country IMO.
BThumme likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 2:49 pm

Oh Ok great thank you
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Picked up at 10:30 pm this past Tuesday. ES was almost entirely Mitsubishi SUV's and Chrysler Pacificas, but someone who arrived on the shuttle with me got into a BMW X3 (at least I think it was an X3...compact crossover BMW vehicle). I was happy with a Pacifica, but I know that's not a universally held opinion. DTW's still a 24 hour location and was well staffed.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
They've had a lot of new hyundai's the last couple time's I've picked up from here, don't sleep on those (specifically the tucsons and santa fe's) - tons of nice features on them and good mpg.

I'm starting to opt away from the BMW's here since they are supposed to take premium fuel.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:49 am

Thanks a lot for your responses. Also, one more question I have executive status, Mid-size to full-size no price change and I can use Executive Aisle. is it worth changing the class to premium? not a big difference in the price (about $15), I was wondering does it make sense to go with premium (and pick-up Reserve Area) at DTW ?
Old Apr 28, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks a lot for your responses. Also, one more question I have executive status, Mid-size to full-size no price change and I can use Executive Aisle. is it worth changing the class to premium? not a big difference in the price (about $15), I was wondering does it make sense to go with premium (and pick-up Reserve Area) at DTW ?
Book Premium. You should be able to get something nicer.
If you take the premium car, it should just charge you at the full size rate too.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Was in for four days, had the following selection on a Tuesday at 4pm:

5-6 Chargers
BMW X3 (took this one)
2 Mustangs
Audi QX5

This is one of the best value Exec aisles I've seen around the country, never leave disappointed.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old May 1, 2023, 8:43 pm

Flew in tonight. Executive was packed with Pacificas and trucks. Had a reservation for a Premium car. Asked the "greeter" off the bus where Executive Reserve was as I had a premium reserved and she pointed me to Emerald Aisle and then went back into the booth to play on her phone. One of the shuttlers saw us walking around (in 40 degree weather with wind and light rain) and asked if we were looking for something special. I explained I had a premium reserved and didn't see anything that fits the bill. He asked what I was looking for and I asked for an Audi A4 as I had in Portland two weeks ago. He said "OK, I'll go to the car wash." We waited for about 15 minutes and he never reappeared. One of the shuttlers parked a Maxima in Executive so we just took that and left. It's so interesting reading these forums how the selection changes... I've been here three times in the past year and each time it's been dreadful. Maybe Vegas next week will be better.
Old May 5, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Got in last night about 630.

There seemed to be a lot of new-ish Mitisubishi Eclipse Cross - I counted at least 7. They all had under a thousand miles from when I peeked inside, but they all smelled really funky - not like smoke or air freshner funny - but has to be the fabric they use.

Front of the executive aisle had two Audi A4's, I did see an audi Q5 show up a bit later.

I did see for the first time a VW Taos (it had low tire pressure indicator), and a VW Arteon which seemed kind of spiffy.

Several Mazada SUVs and other bland SUVs, and lots of Nissans around.

Nothing else too exciting to report, I was going to grab a loaded Santa Fe as I've plugged them before, but decided on a loaded Kia Sorrento HEV. I did have a guy ask me if there was anything I was looking for specifically but I just said nothing in particular.
mkt and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 10, 2023, 2:16 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by CPS89
This is one of the best value Exec aisles I've seen around the country, never leave disappointed.
Agree completely, but it almost gets me in trouble with work, since I work for an automaker, and 99% of the time, since I show up in a competitor's car 😂 Fortunately it's nothing that a simple "I'm benchmarking a competing car" doesn't fix.
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.