Cars at DTW

Old May 11, 2023, 2:44 pm

Does anyone have to show their Company ID or email for the reservations with CORP discount at this location? i have two reservations AVIS and National I received an email from AVIS to be prepared to show the company ID or corp email at the time of pick up.
Old May 14, 2023, 8:40 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
5/14 @ 6pm

Not gonna lie, kinda boring on the ES. Lots of base Chargers, Santa Fes, Outlanders, and Camrys. There was a pimped out Durango, but at closer look it was a 6 cyl. A few V6 challengers, and one 4Runner that had someone in it. Walking towards the back there was a Jeep Gladiator, but I stumbled across a Honda Accord Hybrid and too it to try it out.
Old May 15, 2023, 8:13 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by krangineni
Does anyone have to show their Company ID or email for the reservations with CORP discount at this location? i have two reservations AVIS and National I received an email from AVIS to be prepared to show the company ID or corp email at the time of pick up.
I rent with a corporate contract all the time and have never been asked to show any proof at the National station @ DTW.

Can't comment on Avis though, you'd be better asking that question in the Avis forum.
Old May 15, 2023, 10:51 am

Renting from this location this week. Was hoping to get an A5 sport back or A4 to try out as we are looking at maybe buying one this year. I am EE. Are these cars usually made available in the exec aisle? Should I just book a normal midsize and the check the aisle, or should I book the specific full size elite class?
Old May 15, 2023, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by AMSR
Renting from this location this week. Was hoping to get an A5 sport back or A4 to try out as we are looking at maybe buying one this year. I am EE. Are these cars usually made available in the exec aisle? Should I just book a normal midsize and the check the aisle, or should I book the specific full size elite class?
3 of the last 4 times I've been here in the past month, an A3 or A4 has been available.
AMSR and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 16, 2023, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
3 of the last 4 times I've been here in the past month, an A3 or A4 has been available.
They didnt have any Audi sedans when I arrived Monday evening. In the executive aisle they had a sea of mini vans, a few chargers/challengers, some mid sized SUVs, a Q3 and a Q5. I took the Q5. It smelled a bit like cigarettes already, but its otherwise fine. The attendant said it was one of the busier days theyd had in a while.
Old May 20, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
-Last week, they had an almost new BMW X1 (1100mi), and X5 edrive hybrid, which I ended up grabbing.

Grabbed another rental today, a like-new Audi Q3. Didn't spend much time looking at others today, but there were a couple Kia K5's and a Mazda CX30.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 4:24 pm

I booked a Premium class at DTW today and my reservation says....
"Upon arrival, please bypass the counter, follow the Emerald Reserve signs and proceed to the section of the lot designated for the car class reserved. If you have questions, please talk to a National representative located at the National Booth." am I allowed to take any car in Emerald Reserved Area or only the class that I booked? Should I rather book full-size and go to Executive Aisle to pick anything? price wise not much difference.
Old May 25, 2023, 4:12 am

You’ll be able to take anything from the Premium reserve section. Of course you can ask one of the many greeters they have roaming around if there is something else you’d rather have.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I booked a Premium class at DTW today and my reservation says....
"Upon arrival, please bypass the counter, follow the Emerald Reserve signs and proceed to the section of the lot designated for the car class reserved. If you have questions, please talk to a National representative located at the National Booth." am I allowed to take any car in Emerald Reserved Area or only the class that I booked? Should I rather book full-size and go to Executive Aisle to pick anything? price wise not much difference.
There is an "Premium" aisle/section in the aisles where they have cars by category. You can pick something from there, or you can also pick something from the Exec Aisle. Keeping your Premium reservation gives you a choice of more than if you booked full but honestly every time I've done this I've felt like I should have just booked F.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 5:22 pm

Picked up at about 3pm today - lot was totally full. I didn't venture towards the back of the aisle so not sure what might have been hiding back there. Executive had a big truck, X3, X5, Caddy CT4, Accord, Durango and some other uninspiring stuff. When I started looking around another bus that was fully packed pulled up so I decided to go to for X5, but the attendant was sitting inside and said it was reserved for VIP. He asked if I wanted a BMW and I said yes or a paid upgrade if they have one and he said that he was pretty sure they had another one and he would call for it. Waited about 2 minutes and they pulled up another X5 plug in hybrid so took that. It's a pretty nice mid sized SUV although not as comfy as a 5 series sedan. This one has no phone charger or ACC as far as I can tell. The battery has no charge and I probably won't be charging it.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Rented friday morning, Picked up a GLB 250 from the executive lot. Was a little bit more sparse than usual. There was an A3 right next to it, but a lot less higher-end models than I usually see right at the front.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 2:16 pm

Yeah initially I was told that in DTW Reserved and Executive are the same, then I asked the question why did I pay more for Premium instead I would have paid for full-size and picked-up from Executive. Then the Rep said pick-up anything from here sir... i ended up picking up a Brand new Grand Wagoneer that had only 13miles in it
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 11:22 pm

Yeah initially I was told that in DTW Reserved and Executive are the same, then I asked the question why did I pay more for Premium instead I would have paid for full-size and picked-up from Executive. Then the Rep said pick-up anything from here sir... I ended up picking up a Brand new Grand Wagoneer that had only 13miles in it
I got a road trip coming up in a few days, I have been wanting to check out a Grand Wagoneer. do enterprise and national share lots?
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 9:19 am

No they don't share lots, Alamo and National does but not Enterprise
strickerj likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.