Cars at DTW

Old May 23, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: National Emerald Club/AAdvantage/Hilton Honors
Flight lands at 1215. 45 min before closing. Anyone had a late flight and thoughts on if Iíll be safe? Also ideas on how the aisle will look late Tuesday evening/early Wed morning
Old May 23, 2022, 7:35 pm

I was there at 3am one time due to flight delays, shuttles are still running and everyone on the bus except me was with Alamo.

They had around 8 Lincoln's , Alfa Romeo Stelvios and Audi A3, BMW 2 series on the aisle. Though they didn't let me take any because of under 25.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:36 am

Monday Evening in EA:
2 Kia Souls
Tacoma
Ford EcoSport
Chevy Colorado (which I took).

From reading the past posts of an aisle full of options, I must be landing at the wrong time of day.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AA Gold, National Executive
Picked up Friday 6/3 about 9:15 or 9:30 AM.

Grabbed a Grand Cherokee L Limited from ES - very nice. Other options were a little uninspiring - several mid-size cars (e.g. Camry), multiple Pacificas, and small-mid SUVs (Encore, RAV4, etc.).
strickerj and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Monday 7/18 around 2:30p
Nothing really exciting and lot was pretty empty. Pick your color Camry, 2x Mustang, 4x Pacifica, Toyota Highlander, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
Everything still in returns to be cleaned.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Was here 7/19 around 1pm and also not very exciting. An audi Q5 did get dropped off as I was leaving, but I got a pretty nice Rav4. There were a lot of equinoxes and a new looking malibu. One uninspiring Pacifica. There was an XT6 sitting in the very front that I asked if I could take but was told no. By far the emptiest I've seen this lot in the ~3 months I've been renting from here.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Returned my vehicle 7/26 at 1pm. Lot was pretty full, but I could only see it from a distance as I hopped on the bus.

I saw what looked like an alfa romeo small SUV, as well as an obnoxiously bright electric lime/yellow (not the normal "bee" yellow) color sports car - looked kind of like a Camaro? Maybe someone can comment what vehicle that was?

Looked kind of like this: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...ellow-concept/
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:47 pm

Picked up 10pm July 19
executive lot was full with a variety. Highlights included 2x Pacifica, 1 explorer, 1 jeep Grand Cherokee, 1 Toyota Highlander that smelled like weed, 1 jeep unlimited, 2 mustang convertibles, bmw SUV, Nissan Pathfinder, a red Ford bronco sports (first time seeing one of those on lot) and a loaded Audi Q5 which I picked up that had full moon roof and even cup holder that heats and cools. The rest was the usual Malibu's, rogues, altimas, rav4s

Dropped off 10pm July 29Lot was still full but less "fun" variety. Mostly Malibu's, equinox's, eleantra's, etc. There was a Ford explorer, mini countryman, and I saw someone have them pull up a Ford expedition (seemed like he asked a worker if they had anything like that).
xienon, joepa26, strickerj and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:47 pm

Picked up about 6pm today, lot was approx. 40% full of cars but still a decent variety. Exec had a bmw 2 series sedan, some kind of small bmw hatchback (i3?), infinity s50 "signature" (2019), lexus nx300 (2019), 2021 grand cherokee L (i took)

Es had and xt4, xt5, minivan, one base pickup and the rest of the standard fare

The Grand Cherokee L Limited 4x4 is loaded but the v6 makes it feel like the slowest car I've ever driven.
strickerj and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
I picked up a VW Atlas with 500 miles Wednesday at 6PM. It was in Emerald Aisle, and better than anything that was in Executive.
I asked attendant if any chance to get a larger SUV as Executive and she said all SUVs were for reserved SUV rentals.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:51 am

Landed Saturday morning, selection wasnít large but they had a decent selection of premium vehicles and they arenít enforcing status.

I saw two Q5s (one that was a terrible bright orange), IS 350 (first seeing that as an option), convertible Mustang, a 200 series, higher trim Camry, Pilot, and pick your color RAV4 along with some other basic SUVs and sedans.

I took the 200 series to try something new and smaller and the ride overall is decent but shouldíve taken the IS 350 or the Q5.
oftech likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:40 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Will be renting from this station quite frequently coming soon. Any issues crossing back and forth between Detroit and Windsor with National's cars?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by mkt
Will be renting from this station quite frequently coming soon. Any issues crossing back and forth between Detroit and Windsor with National's cars?
I took the rental I received Saturday over the border, slightly past the Windsor area and no issues. Just make sure to tell the gate agent and theyíll print out your rental agreement and I assume make a notation that you are crossing over. At the border they may ask for the agreement, I offered it but they didnít look at it.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:07 am
Original Member

No issues crossing for US resident/US car. There are some issues with alternate situations which can be tough.
mkt likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by mkt
no issues. Canadian resident. The border officer did ask every time Q: why it has a US plate ,A:rental, Q: how long it's going to stay in Canada. A: few days(I think the limit is 30 days but I could be wrong). One time I one wayed to YYZ and they were interested in knowing where it will be dropped off since I said I won't be driving the car out
never had contract printed since I can pull out my phone if needed but never was asked
mkt and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.