Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DTW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022 | 5:43 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM 0.6MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Had an Enterprise rental - non MI plate. No issues at the Tunnel crossing. Did not check rental agreement.
mkt and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Oct 19, 2022 | 11:10 am

Programs: DL Platinum, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Rented at noon today

EA:
Tons of Sentras/Kias
1 Mazda3

ES:
1CX-5
1 Mazda3 hatch
3-4 Pacificas
1 each Charger, Mustang, Camaro
Old Nov 17, 2022 | 12:56 pm
5 Years on Site

Wed Nov 16 8:30pm:

Completely full lot, but I was returning a one-way and only took a cursory glance.

ES:
4x Chrysler 300
1x Dodge Challenger
1x Jeep Gladiator
1x Chevy Camaro
3x VW Tiguan

Last edited by deal; Nov 19, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Nov 19, 2022 | 9:48 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Wed at 11AM

Quick cursory glance:
Audi Q3
BMW 740i
Ram 1500
Ford Mustang Convertible
GMC Sierra
Chevy Tahoe
Cadillac XT6

Took the BMW and didn't look back.
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022 | 7:44 pm
10 Years on Site

11/23 approx. 6am, lot was half empty. Aisle had Camrys and Mailubus mostly, gmc terrain, a few big pickups incl. F250 amd mini countryman. Executive had a lexus rx350 (2020), regular camaro, mustang convertible, Explorer XLT, regular trash and what I took was an Infiniti q60s i-line (2019) with 20k miles. This model is specifically for the Canadian market, is fully loaded trim so guessing it was a lease return they bought from a dealer

I waited for something better but at that hour there was no station attendant and they didn't even pull any cars around after 30 mins. The s60 i-line is quite fast and fun to drive but no car play or android auto.
Old Nov 23, 2022 | 8:00 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by RastaPasta
11/23 approx. 6am, lot was half empty. Aisle had Camrys and Mailubus mostly, gmc terrain, a few big pickups incl. F250 amd mini countryman. Executive had a lexus rx350 (2020), regular camaro, mustang convertible, Explorer XLT, regular trash and what I took was an Infiniti q60s i-line (2019) with 20k miles. This model is specifically for the Canadian market, is fully loaded trim so guessing it was a lease return they bought from a dealer

I waited for something better but at that hour there was no station attendant and they didn't even pull any cars around after 30 mins. The s60 i-line is quite fast and fun to drive but no car play or android auto.
I was there not long after you, around 8am. There were a lot of Altimas as well that I thought about grabbing. I did see that there was a BMW (X5) at the front of the far corner, and asked about taking that and was allowed to. There wasn't a station attendant but there was a couple people hanging out in the "back-middle" (I don't know how to articulate) part where cleaned vehicles return and line up, that's who I approached.

Other then that, couple equinoxes, 2 Mustangs, and a bunch of other bland that didn't stand out.

As I was driving out I did see a 740i being driven around I thought they were going to drop off at the lot but they took it towards the cleaning station.
Old Nov 24, 2022 | 1:09 pm
15 Years on Site

The Volvo had Canadian plates and likely a dealer marking somewhere? Was this for a one-way to Canada?
Old Nov 26, 2022 | 10:19 am
5 Years on Site

Fri Nov 25 7:00pm:

ES:

1x VW Tiguan
1x VW Atlas Cross Sport
4x Toyota Highlander
1x Jeep Gladiator
1x Infiniti QX60
Buick sedan

Took the Atlas with 9k miles and Canadian plates. It's been a pretty good rental so far.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022 | 9:32 am

Thursday Dec. 10 10pm

Nothing special. Lot was low

ES
1x VW Tiguan
1x Audi A5
2x Toyota Highlander
2x Jeep Grand Cherokee
1x Nissan Pathfinder
2x Chrysler Pacifica
A lot of Toyota RAV4
A lot of Hyundai Sonata

Took a Toyota Highlander had 126 miles on it
Old Dec 20, 2022 | 7:36 am
10 Years on Site

Some nice choices around 8am this morning.

I was looking for an suv so had the options:

BMw x5 with 5k miles
audi q3
caddiliac XT4

i ended up grabbing an Alfa Romeo q4 stelvio but dont like it , did it for the uniqueness.

I might actually exchange it, its not super comfortable.
Old Dec 23, 2022 | 6:26 pm

Dec 23 at 8pm

Dropped off my rental Dec. 23 at 8pm

Lot was packed. Tons of sedans sonatas, Camrys, etc.. A small variety of mid-size SUVs. Guessing people picking up all the big stuff due to the weather.Nothing too extra in ES
Red Audi Q3Audi A4
Old Jan 1, 2023 | 1:39 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Jan 1 2023, 3pm. The holiday rush is clearly over. Both EA and ES well stocked. ES had nothing that special. Mostly Santa Fes, Malibu's, and a few Ford Edges. I didn't walk too far back, because my son spotted a Charger with the blackout package and powerbulge good that he wanted to ride in. I did see a couple Lexus ES. Good news is that the Charger is the newest car I've had in ages. 2022 with 5000 miles.
Old Jan 1, 2023 | 6:24 pm
15 Years on Site

This could also be because DTW is not a Southwest hub. If it had been, chances are that rampant flight cancellations would have meant that most cars were one-wayed from there to smaller airports. It would presumably take a long time for inventory to replenish through re-established normal flow of inbound one-ways. Or trucks, if rebalancing needed was extreme.
Old Jan 16, 2023 | 2:36 am
10 Years on Site

Picked up on 1/15 around 1pm, lot was fully stocked as well as the overflow sections.

Out in front of the executive aisle was a bmw x5 and an Audi q5. There was also a bmw x2 in the normal row of cars.

I also did notice when I pulled in, parallel to the road (where I see employees pull cars from the front of this row to open spaces) a genesis G90. Google said the msrp is almost $90k? I didnt want to be responsible for that.

I just had a 24hr rental and wanted to try something else despite liking how the BMWs drive and found in the back corner a 2023 Kia Stinger GT - I didnt know Kia made sports cars but wow, this car had pretty much every feature out there and was awesome to drive. Had Illinois plates and ORD as a recent search so guessing it came from there - 6k miles on it.

I got a compliment at a local Wendys on the appearance of it - its definitely an aggressive looking sports car. Glad I decided not to just take a vehicle right at the front.

Last edited by BThumme; Jan 16, 2023 at 2:54 am
Old Feb 1, 2023 | 3:37 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I'll be back on Monday - any recent reports?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.