Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 9:24 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by capetown
Also, what is a M-37?
Infiniti
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:05 am

Location: Mesa, AZ USA - UA Prem Ex- SPG Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriot Platinum - Avis Chairman - National EE
Originally Posted by peteropny
Infiniti
The Infiniti M37 is not due to be released until Model Year 2010 or 2011 (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/09/i...ower-for-2009/) so Pam must of meant the Infiniti M35...which is great to have that in the Luxury fleet in PHX.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 4:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by capetown
Pam,
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like the PHX location pretty well only has GM vehicles in the Luxury fleet? I am not a GM fan and was hoping to have a few more foreign (Lexus or Infiniti) vehicles to choose from.

Has PHX ever had non GM Luxury vehicles in its fleet?

Also, what is a M-37?

Thanks Pam!
My bad...meant G-37....It's an Infinity...We might still have a G-35 or two still floating around...and we just received a handful of Towncars and one MKX from what I hear.

Last edited by FlyerTalker93851; Jan 6, 2009 at 5:09 am Reason: Correction
Old Jan 25, 2009, 8:40 pm

Executive Question

Just to be clear if I reserve a midsize car and I am Executive I can pick any car I want from the executive isle or emerald isle @ phx ?

Just checking

Scott
Old Jan 25, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Just to be clear if I reserve a midsize car and I am Executive I can pick any car I want from the executive isle or emerald isle @ phx ?

Just checking

Scott
When booking a midsize you get Executive Selection service. However you can also book a fullsize anyways since you get that for the same price as a miidsize. Generally speaking, if you don't see anything you like on the ES you can take something from the Emerald Aisle instead. It's rare that EA would have nicer vehicles but it does happen and everyones' tastes are different.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Great thread Pam,

When you get back from Hawaii.....

I'll be coming on a Saturday around 4 pm. Is that generally a pretty good time for a nice selection in Exec?

Thanks

Last edited by joediver; Feb 6, 2009 at 12:27 pm
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by joediver
Great thread Pam,

I'll be coming on a Sunday around 4 pm. Is that generally a pretty good time for a nice selection in Exec?

Thanks
Pam's back from HNL?
Old May 13, 2009, 2:39 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: National Executive, AAdvantage Platinum, SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Vanilla Executive Member. Picked up my rental in Phoeniz, didn't run into Paminaz! Anyways, first selected a Pontiac Solstice due to the fact it looked like a fun little convertible but then discovered with our luggage there was no way we would fit everything in the tiny trunk. Then got into a Mistsubishi Eclipse then saw a beefy Dodge Challenger ride up. Should've stayed in the Eclipse as we drove off the lot we noticed this car stinks! Smelled like someone had smoked a lot in this vehicle and they tried to cover up the stench with the spray they use in hotels which gave me a huge headache plus it drove like a tank! In addition there was wet sticky stuff in the cup holders and center console. Looked like dirt, wet cigar residue, and oil or chew rolled up in one. Uggh! We decided to return the rental today and exchange it. No problem when I called last night to discuss it. Today the selection was slimmer. ASU graduation is tonite and the President is in town. Got a Mazda 6 but quite happy with it. National also waived the fee for the gas I used... (mayber a gallon). I tried to fill it up but the gas cap outer door was stuck and we couldn't get it open nor could the agent checking the vehicle in. Overall a decent recovery by National for a foul car.
Old May 15, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Any reports on how often there are mini-vans on the Executive Selection/Emerald? I'll be there in June and don't want to pay the huge rental cost for a van if I can avoid it. Or I suppose SUV would work too. Anyone have any recent insight?
Old May 15, 2009, 11:50 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: National Executive, AAdvantage Platinum, SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Any reports on how often there are mini-vans on the Executive Selection/Emerald? I'll be there in June and don't want to pay the huge rental cost for a van if I can avoid it. Or I suppose SUV would work too. Anyone have any recent insight?
I saw a few mini-vans in the Executive Selection when I got my original vehicle this past Tuesday. I suppose like anything the selection consistently changes based on events.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: NW GE, National EE, IChotels Plat
Was there last November (I know this doesn't help on car selection, but it's more of a customer service thing.) But as an EE I usually just reserve whatever and hope there is an SUV in the Exec lot. When we arrived all there was were HHR's and Malibu's. I went to find an attendant who then told me I would have to change my reservation (which usually means pay more.) She was very pleasant and walked with me over to a little hut to change things. The bad customer service part comes into play when she asked her manager if I could get a free upgrade, he didn't talk to me, but proceeded to yell at her and saying "he has to pay for it to use it!" Since I do travel with tools and gear, I always rent SUV's and have payed more at some locations than others and really don't mind. But my response to him was "I don't give a ____, I need a friggen SUV" (yes I did say friggen since there were kids in there.) Got him mad enough to leave. She just fiddled around on the computer for a moment after he left then told me I could grab whatever vehicle I wanted without having to pay more. Her customer service was great (she was nice the entire time, and I don't mind paying more for a bigger vehicle) but hearing a manager yell at an employee is definately bad customer service, and I don't stand for it... especially with a family in there.

I did write a letter to the owner of this Licensee complimenting her and complaining about him. The response stated that he was fired a few days after the incident and thanked me for standing up for an employee. I've never had a response like that in a letter, but it made me feel good after hearing it.

Long story short, I got a Jeep Commander which I had some off road fun with at the Apache Trail, which if you have extra time in the area ( I'd say 1 day) definately check that one out.

Last edited by SDtraveler; Jun 23, 2009 at 11:44 am
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by SDtraveler
Was there last November (I know this doesn't help on car selection, but it's more of a customer service thing.) But as an EE I usually just reserve whatever and hope there is an SUV in the Exec lot. When we arrived all there was were HHR's and Malibu's. I went to find an attendant who then told me I would have to change my reservation (which usually means pay more.) She was very pleasant and walked with me over to a little hut to change things.
I wonder if that was paminaz (whom we haven't heard from in awhile)?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 3:52 pm

Programs: * A
paging pam! what's happening in phx?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
Hi

In town tomorrow for a funeral. Wondering if there are any updates on cars in the exec isle? Flight gets in about 10:15 PM. Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2009, 1:23 am
Suspended

Alive and Well...

Originally Posted by noirpepper
paging pam! what's happening in phx?
Phx is Hot, Sunny, Busy, and adjusting to the reclassification of the inventory and starting to get in some fleet for fall. Albeit SLOWLY.

I'm still here. With new ownership comes new policies. Some were cooking over the summer so until the policy regarding posting to online Forums was established we were supposed to hold back. So now that the new rules are out...I can come back and help where I can.
Missed you all!
P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.