FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/579728-cars-phx-phoenix-airport.html)

senorak Jul 16, 2006 6:42 pm

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor and currently have a reservation for EA. We are a family of 5....just wondering what the selection is like at this EA?

DEB

wahooflyer Jul 16, 2006 8:13 pm

PHX is a licensee (franchise) location so the selection, at least last time I was there over a year ago, is quite different from corporate-owned National stations.

I rented a Toyota Solara last time, and have rented Fords and Nissans there on other occasions. Definitely a more inspiring mix than your standard GM-dominated Aisle elsewhere.

jenn_1K Jul 16, 2006 9:57 pm

I rent there about twice a month. It really depends on when you get there. There are usually minivans. There are lots of nissans and toyotas and a few mustangs. A few muranos (might be big enough for 5).

you'll also see full size trucks. Monday mornings/early afternoon usually have a very limited cars but if you wait around a bit they will bring more.

Good luck staying cool.

MSP2SEA Jul 22, 2006 2:03 pm

Got a 'Stanger this week...

Was either that or a couple different Ford pickups. I saw a Murano, but didn't have keys in it... also a convertible... want to say Sebring, but maybe not. At 110 degrees, I wanted full cabin integrity for the A/C.

YVR Cockroach Jul 22, 2006 4:01 pm

Seems to be a lot of Nissan Altimas. All in dark colours unfortunately.

FlyinHawaiian Jan 16, 2007 9:33 am

Showed up on a Saturday afternoon at about 5 p.m. The EA was mostly Mustangs with some other Fords (Taurus, Fusion, 500) thrown in. There were quite a few Chevy HHR as well. I also saw a PT Cruiser, a Toyota Corolla, and a few Solaras.

FlyinHawaiian Nov 5, 2007 3:30 pm

Arrived PHX around 5 p.m. on a Friday. Saw a few Malibu, Avengers, a Subaru Impreza and a bunch of Sentras on the Aisle. Executive had a crew cab pickup and a few more full-size stuff. I picked out a grey Sentra with paper plates and 1,000 miles on the odo. Not too bad a car; decent sound system and 30 mpg is hard to beat.

Ocn Vw 1K Nov 6, 2007 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by wahooflyer (Post 6073960)
PHX is a licensee (franchise) location so the selection, at least last time I was there over a year ago, is quite different from corporate-owned National stations.

I rented a Toyota Solara last time, and have rented Fords and Nissans there on other occasions. Definitely a more inspiring mix than your standard GM-dominated Aisle elsewhere.

Just as true this past weekend as 2 years ago. We were shocked that this station carried no Priuses nor any sedans with XM. However, if you want a truck, SUV, RV, crossover or any type of Nissan and a number of Fords (in case you miss Hertz) they got 'em here -- big time! We eked out a low-mileage Malibu from the ES. I'm not down on the actual selection at the time of rental; but after speaking with a mgr., that this huge location does not even carry the range of sedans or any hybrids that most other NA stations in the West carry such as ABQ, LAX, SEA, PDX, etc., etc. 'Twas a real disappointment, but muscle car and Nissan fans will be in heaven here!

DataPlumber Nov 7, 2007 9:16 am

I've recently had choices of Mailbus or Imprezas arriving late in the evening in the ES area. The regular isle had Sentras and Vibes.

noirpepper Nov 8, 2007 2:24 pm

Late September there were numerous convertibles available. Was a great selection for my visit!

atxtraveler Nov 9, 2007 11:45 am

Plenty of minivans were available when I went...

opus17 Nov 9, 2007 5:37 pm

Last time I was there, I got a PT Cruiser with Sirius.

peteropny Nov 9, 2007 9:28 pm

A week ago I got a Subaru Legacy arriving late on a Fri night - on the EE - Nissan Altimas were in abundance then.

DataPlumber Nov 16, 2007 10:40 am

I scored an Infiniti FX35 this week in ES, which was a nice but very ugly ride. The regular aisle has at least a half dozen Nissan Minivans.

illinifan Nov 16, 2007 7:19 pm

3 weeks ago I had a choice between sedans, a Mazda Miata and an H3. Chose the H3 which was fun. Only time I have seen the H3 or Miata as choices this year in ExecElite.