Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr.Aris
I have one of the red Camaro's right now. It had a bit over 8500 miles on it when I picked it up. It was parked in the Executive Emerald area, so I decided to take it. It's fun, but not that easy to get in and out of.

But, I have to say that it's hit or miss with this location. The last time I was there, I had a choice between a bunch of brand new Ford Suburbans or Ford Excursions.
Cool...off the Exec Aisle...!
I find them much easier to get in/out of than a Mustang, by far! The seat sits higher! And the Power Seats in the Camaro makes it much much more Driver Friendly for me. It's much more adjustable for me, I think.
And I like the interior of the Camaro much more than a Mustang or Challenger (we have those too)... as I find the Challenger interior very pedestrian. Take that boring. Muscle car (sorta) look on the outside and normal car look on the inside. Like what...they forgot to finish the car? Designers took a day off or what? If an automaker is going to take the time to bring a NAME car back then Do IT....or don't, in my book. I love cars and each make and model has it's own magic no matter how small or large, cheap or expensive. As everyone has their pricepoint and has to be satisfied with the budget they must live in when they buy a car.
But when you are going to Bring Back a car with a Name that has some serious history, you have to live up to that Name and Reputation.
Just sayin'.

Ok that had little to do with the RENTAL end of anything...that was just my opinion on Cars in general. LOL
Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:00 am

Hi Pam -

I've never rented through National before, I was very Hertz brand-loyal but now seeing that Hertz doesn't stock a lot of Fords, some of the feedback on this site about Hertz quality going down, and my parents' recommendation, I've decided to try National.

Just had a minor question --

I am actually not renting from PHX - I'm getting a ride from the airport and then renting off-site. Can you recommend an off-Sky Harbor National location that has a lot of cars to choose from? I was considering AZA, but I'm not sure how big their selection is.

Thanks!!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:56 pm

Recent ES Experience in PHX

Anyone use ES at PHX recently? What's the selection like?

Coming to PHX for biz in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Off-airport locations in the area are Glendale (51st Ave and Glendale W.), Greenway (I-17 and Greenway W), Mesa Falcon Field (search Mesa, AZ), Mesa Williams Gateway Airport, and Scottsdale Airpark. I've used Mesa Gateway, Glendale and Greenway regularly.... never had reason to go to Scottsdale or Falcon Field.

>> Glendale: Handy thing about the location is that the Rt. 70 bus that stops at the curb of the PHX Rental Car center also stops at the front door of the Glendale location. Bus fare is under $2. Glendale, thus, is the most convenient non-airport location to reach by public transit from PHX. Selection: they have room on their lot for like 15 cars total. They're not far from Greenway and I imagine they move cars as needed.

>> Greenway: smallest selection of the ones I know. About 8 spots total.

>> Williams Airport: Good variety, like 10 spots in front of the terminal but I have a feeling they have a back lot to clean, etc. As Allegiant Air is the only airline with flights here, the counter is either really busy or dead.

>> Falcon Field: Never been to the location, but as Falcon Field only has general aviation, and the location is removed from the city so limited local rentals, I imagine they may not have much selection or move vehicles much at all.

>> Scottsdale Airpark: General aviation only, although there are some car dealerships in the area so I can imagine they have a handful of local renters. My impression, speaking to others that have rented there, is they have limited selection, too-- probably more iffy if you're not renting Compact-Full Size.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:15 pm

Picked up at PHX ES recently... Had about 6 brand-new Jettas (no tags, even), a Taurus, a Camaro, a Lincoln MKS (which I took) and the usual mix of Camrys, 300s, Chargers and Malibus.

The MKS was VERY NICE. Exterior styling is a little geriatric, but the features and ride are top notch.

- RightD
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
ES Update

just rented from ES, seemed to have been some recent improvements to selection. Noticed 3 camaros, 2 challengers, and then the typical taurus, charger, 300, etc. and a Lone full size pick up (Dodge Ram if I remember right), but no SUV's for anyone interested in those. Wish I would have remembered this thread and looked more carefully, in case I missed a chance at the MKS
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, HH Diamond, MR Lifetime Plat/Titanium, National Exec Elite
Rented from Executive Selection this week (came in on Sunday Night). Selection was nice:
I tried for the Chevy Traverse, but couple right in front of me grabbed it. There were several new Maximas with no tags yet and i grabbed an Infiniti G37 with 5,000 miles on the odo.

First time i got an infiniti and it was a beautiful ride. Great selection at this station!!!!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by b0nd0
Rented from Executive Selection this week (came in on Sunday Night). Selection was nice:
I tried for the Chevy Traverse, but couple right in front of me grabbed it. There were several new Maximas with no tags yet and i grabbed an Infiniti G37 with 5,000 miles on the odo.

First time i got an infiniti and it was a beautiful ride. Great selection at this station!!!!
Considering it is Spring Training time in the valley plus we have tons of other events going on in the Valley of the Sun...Wow you had an awesome choice. Nice "Candy" as I call it...Glad you had a good Choice!
Ya gotta love those "G's"...those are Yummy! Enjoy!!! Thanks for the Kudos!!
Pam
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, Alaska MVPG100K, Marriott Titanium Elite
Hello Pam, quick question if I may. I lost my Executive status last month so now am just normal Emerald Club. Do you have a sense of what the selection would be? I'm coming in next Thursday (3/31) for a week to enjoy some sun with the family and watch my son's baseball tournament. Hopefully the Cactus League rush will be over at that point.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by Paminaz
Considering it is Spring Training time in the valley plus we have tons of other events going on in the Valley of the Sun...Wow you had an awesome choice. Nice "Candy" as I call it...Glad you had a good Choice!
Ya gotta love those "G's"...those are Yummy! Enjoy!!! Thanks for the Kudos!!
Pam
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Airtran A+ Elite
Originally Posted by charliew24
Hello Pam, quick question if I may. I lost my Executive status last month so now am just normal Emerald Club. Do you have a sense of what the selection would be? I'm coming in next Thursday (3/31) for a week to enjoy some sun with the family and watch my son's baseball tournament. Hopefully the Cactus League rush will be over at that point.

Thanks in advance
What did you find when you got there Charlie? I am going to be out in Phoenix in May for a trip and was wondering how the selection for Emerald Aisle was as I am also just a standard Emerald Club member,
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by charliew24

Thanks in advance
I soooo apologize...I did not get either post (from here or in mailbox) til after your trip. I hope you found something to please your palet upon arrival. Sometimes I get the mails from here on time and sometimes late. I don't know what the deal is. Might be Verizon.

Since Spring Training was officially over you should have had a decent set of cars to chose from. As the other "poster" asked...what did you end up driving??? I hope the tournament was successful for your Son's team!
How did you survive our First 100+ degree day of the season? That was 20 degrees above normal!!! And over a month earlier than Normal! Our weather has definitely been a roller coaster for 2011 so far. Craaaazzzzeeee!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Paminaz

As the other "poster" asked...what did you end up driving???
Just curious, but how many more posts do I need to get to get the " " marks off?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:37 am

I would expect Camrys, 300s, Chargers and Malibus to be well stocked.
Old May 7, 2011, 10:13 am

Rented from this location last week. One of the best executive selections that I have seen if you want larger vehicles. Chevy Tahoes, Mazda CX-9s, etc. Really one of the most extensive selections that I've seen at any location in long time. Not the rows of Impalas that I've seen at places like DEN.
Old May 16, 2011, 8:30 am

Any recent updates as to what was on the EA? I will be picking up from this location on Thursday and was curious if there had been anything other then the standard options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.