Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHX (Phoenix Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Premium Cars at PHX

What kind of Premium cars are generally available at PHX? Thank you.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
thank you peteropny for your help. I have reserved the fullsize. Now just hoping some good National coupons become active between now and then. Thanks again.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by swdke
What kind of Premium cars are generally available at PHX? Thank you.
Sorry...my email has not been letting me know I had questions for me in Flyertalk...my appologies.

From your earlier question...you will get your reserved rate. Yes there are times when there are glitches in software so it's important that you bring your printouts with you. Everyone has had problems with Any software, so when possible, print printouts with you...it avoids hassles. We want to make sure you are always happy.

Premium cars in the fleet right now are Grand Marquis, Amantis, the redesigned Taurus, Avalon, LaCrosse, Lucerne and you might see a few other things mixed in from time to time. We wash them, re-stock them and you choose from whatever happens to be in that section at the time of your arrival. First come first served. Depending on the flow of business throughout the day your choices are going to range from abundant to slim. When our utilization of vehicles is high, like right now, your variety/choices will run to the slim side.

Again I apologize for my slow response...but FlyerTalk notices weren't showing up in my email box even though I had "notify" checked. See...glitches happen!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:43 pm

Variety is certainly nice, but with one-ways, the fleet would tend to homogenize. Speaking of which, National is now offering, in addition to the FL driveout, the less-used AZ driveout. AZ to CA is pretty much the game, as with all the other companies. Funny, a car from the FL special might wind up in PHX, now that PHX is a corporate store, and then given another special rate to go to somewhere else, like...Cleveland.

That's right. Here's the unique kicker: Kansas City (MCI) and Cleveland (CLE) are on National's list of participating return locations from the Arizona driveout. Everyone knows there's a kinship between the FL Atlantic coast and the Northeast, a kinship between the FL Gulf coast and the Midwest (like Ohio and Kansas), and a kinship between Southern California and Arizona. But I've never heard of people going back and forth constantly between AZ and Kansas or AZ and Cleveland. With a one-way special, at least the probability of someone taking it is increased. Come to think of it, I know last fall Dollar's $1 rate was from Houston and MCI to FL as usual, but also to one or two atypical places like Detroit and Cincinnati. What's with the unusual one-way, sometimes semi-cross country, incentives lately?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Everyone knows there's a kinship between the FL Atlantic coast and the Northeast, a kinship between the FL Gulf coast and the Midwest (like Ohio and Kansas), and a kinship between Southern California and Arizona. But I've never heard of people going back and forth constantly between AZ and Kansas or AZ and Cleveland.
That's probably because you don't live in Kansas or Cleveland There's quite a large number of retirees from the Midwest who go to Arizona, not Florida. Anecdotally, I'd say it's probably somewhere around a 2:1 Florida:Arizona ratio in Detroit.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by Paminaz
My Pleasure. You will be able to select from the Normal choice area any convertible you like, Yes indeed there is a Premium upgrade price to pay for the BMW/Mercedes class of vehicles on our lot. Those are part of our Specialty Fleet that is always changing here in Phx and we are quite Proud and Lucky to have it. It's a perk to living in the Valley of the Sun...an area that is always bustling with tourists and business travelers year round.
How do I find out how much more of a premium upgrade a BMW/Mercedes class convertible would be compared to my current convertible reservation at PHX? Thank you.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 2:30 pm
Suspended

How do I find out how much more of a premium upgrade a BMW/Mercedes class convertible would be compared to my current convertible reservation at PHX? Thank you.
Stop at the rental counter upstairs prior to going downstairs to level two where the cars are located. A rental agent at the counter can see what your nornal rate is compared to the rate on the Higher End Fleet Selection of the day. Corporate rates are not Fixed for every company. Or if you've booked a leisure rate for that day's travel, obviously those fluctuate greatly.

Once you've checked it out and you've decided to change your vehicle class, a counter agent will "assign" one of the "red hot" cars to a contract for you and you will go directly to that car for your rental. If there is a color choice at the counter the agent will let you know.

If you need anything else, let me know! Hopefully we'll see you in Phx soon!
Pam
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:31 am

phx alamo questions

going to phoenix in a couple of weeks and was wondering if you get to choose your own vehicle from your reserved car class? also what choices do you have when reserving a premium suv ? thank you in advance for any help with my questions
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jseuss
going to phoenix in a couple of weeks and was wondering if you get to choose your own vehicle from your reserved car class? also what choices do you have when reserving a premium suv ? thank you in advance for any help with my questions
Hopefully the weather will be wonderful for your visit!
We do use "choice" in Phx, we are one of the largest in the country. If you have reserved a Premium SUV, that would be either a Suburban or an extended Expedition. Those are the only two on the market that fits the bill.

Above that is a Luxury SUV, not available at all locations, however we do have them in Phx. That would be an Escalade, but that is not the extended length version.

Upon arrival, procede to the rental counter (unless you are an Emerald Club member then you would go directly down to level 2) and process your rental with either a Rental Agent or use one of our Kiosks. Our National Cars are located on Level 2 directly behind the Information Desk in the Rental Car Center.

Looking forward to your visit . If I can be of further assistance, let me know!

Pam
Old Apr 17, 2010, 3:51 pm

You have been awesome. Tried to get those answers for 4 days now, nobody at alamo could tell me either, i don't really need a premium suv but that is what came up when i booked it (only asked for full size) checked and triple checked then phoned to confirm. Is there any chance of getting a full size or even a luxury suv instead for same price ? Thanks again and maybe i will see you on the 29 th around noon
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jseuss
You have been awesome. Tried to get those answers for 4 days now, nobody at alamo could tell me either, i don't really need a premium suv but that is what came up when i booked it (only asked for full size) checked and triple checked then phoned to confirm. Is there any chance of getting a full size or even a luxury suv instead for same price ? Thanks again and maybe i will see you on the 29 th around noon
A Full Size SUV is smaller but depending on the price you have reserved it could cost you more to rent at the time you arrive. Weird eh? Yea I know.

Luxury SUV will be more as it is a Specialty Vehicle. They are also a high demand vehicle but don't let that discourage you from inquiring about them upon arrival.

I should be around when you arrive...I am the Lead Agent on duty so have someone point me out when you arrive.

If I don't get to see you...Enjoy your Trip!
P
Old Apr 18, 2010, 7:27 am

thanks . I booked intermediate car with entertainment book discount and double upgrade coupon was supposed to get a full size but alamo website gave me a premium suv, total cost $163. So i doubt that i can get switched to either suv or mini van. Thanks again for your help P
Old Apr 20, 2010, 8:16 am

Is there a particular car make in the "Premium" class that is preferred over all others? For my upcoming rental of a Premium car at PHX, from the line of cars available, I was wondering which, if any, of the Premium models that might be available, which should I look for if it's available? Thank you.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Is there a particular car make in the "Premium" class that is preferred over all others? For my upcoming rental of a Premium car at PHX, from the line of cars available, I was wondering which, if any, of the Premium models that might be available, which should I look for if it's available? Thank you.
Actually what is there changes moment by moment...it's first come first served. As the returns come in they are washed and restocked and everyone has their preferences. Nearly all of them have leather seats. Some people have their fav brand of car make, features, trunk configuration, color, features. We'll have a day where the Grand Marquis is the fav and another where they will be the last chosen. We just scratch our heads.
I wish I had a better answer for you but I don't. Sorry.
Just think of it as waiting to see what your new friend that moved in on the block has for toys that you can borrow for a while.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Paminaz
You would be booking Emerald Reserve Service. You still By-pass the counter but when you go downstairs to Level 2 of the rental center, check in with the Greeters, tell them you are club members with a convertible res and they will direct you to where they are located in the garage. Pick the one you want, and head to the exit booth. Present your CC and License and you are on your way!
Just to clarify: I am arriving via United in Terminal 2. I take the rental car center shuttle/bus to the car rental center. Does the shuttle/bus stop at other terminals, or does it go directly to the car rental center?

Also, upon arriving at the car rental center, with my Emerald Reserve reservation, where exactly am I looking to go after stepping off the bus? Do I just look for the escilators to take me down to the 2nd level, and from there, which direction do I go? I assume there will be signs directing me to the location where I need to go to meet the greeters and be directed to where the cars are for Emerald Reserve? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.