Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:20 am

It's a PXAR quite often available in the Executive isle.

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Hopefully as PCAR not LCAR?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by briantoronto
Avis at YYZ counts it as a LCAR so...
Avis has the 300C with moonroof although using that to classify it as a LCAR is a bit of a stretch.

With National sometimes the 300S (premium) is available in the ES.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:00 am

Programs: National EE
I didn't want to open a new Thread.

Does anyone have experience with National at Yonge/Bloor in Toronto? Their monthly prices are cheaper than downtown and YYZ. I called them and they said it's an Enterprise branch but they serve National too.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by turbov6
Avis has the 300C with moonroof although using that to classify it as a LCAR is a bit of a stretch.
I completely agree but thinking about it a loaded 300C is probably more LCAR than the last car I was given on an LCAR from National - an Infiniti Q50... once the novelty of the performance wore off it really didn't feel like a luxury sedan.

Doesn't the 300C have Nappa leather and factory navigation? Feels like more of a Luxury car than a 328i or a Q50.

Last edited by Foxtbh; Nov 20, 2015 at 5:50 am
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:38 am

YYZ has high end brand bare bones base models as LCAR (WXAR) and really well equipped domestic brands as PCAR (PXAR). My last PCAR rental was a 300s awd with panoramic sunroof and nav, but most of the new ones are rwd without sunroof.

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
I completely agree but thinking about it a loaded 300C is probably more LCAR than the last car I was given on an LCAR from National - an Infiniti Q50... once the novelty of the performance wore off it really didn't feel like a luxury sedan.

Doesn't the 300C have Nappa leather and factory navigation? Feels like more of a Luxury car than a 328i or a Q50.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:56 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by matrixca7
I didn't want to open a new Thread.

Does anyone have experience with National at Yonge/Bloor in Toronto? Their monthly prices are cheaper than downtown and YYZ. I called them and they said it's an Enterprise branch but they serve National too.
I've rented here a few times. A real enterprise feel to it, with not that many newer cars. But can be cheap! (just booked some kid-week one-day rentals for 28$ all-in)

If you don't like what they give you you can always swap out at YYZ if need be.

Protip: you don't need to go to the counter on the concourse level--just go directly to the garage on P2. You can also get a sense of inventory and pick out from there. Last time I was there they asked me what I wanted in the lot.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:27 am

A couple Audi A4's at YYZ in the luxury section and as others have reported the ES and EA were mostly SUVs.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:02 pm

YYZ T1 11/21 evening.

EA/ES all SUVs

A 2016 Volvo V60 T5 awd base model and a fully loaded Volvo XC60 with Nova Scotia plates were where they keep the "luxury" cars. I was told there will be a significant reduction in their fleet starting next week.

Last edited by powermax; Nov 22, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:37 pm

T1 11/30 around 5:30pm
Pretty bare.
EA: Sonatas and a few T&C
ES: GMC Terrain, Grand Cherokee, T&C and a Nissan pick up truck. (Titan?)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hertz Five Star
T3 ~1 pm

Did not seem to be differentiation between EA/ES as almost nothing was in-stock

Hyundai Sonata x3
Ford Fusion
Buick Verano
Volkswagen Jetta
Kia Soul
Some minivan

The Fusion and Buick were being loaded as I walked up and I declined the remaining inventory and waited about 5 minutes for another Fusion to be delivered after cleaning.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:06 pm

12/07 T1 around 4pm
EA: Half a dozen Kia Soul
ES: Same usual SUV mix and some Sonatas.
There was a Genesis, a SRX and a QX50 in the "Luxury" isle.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:52 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
T1 ~ 15:30 Jan 7.

What kind of Hyundai SUV would you like? Also a Durango. Verano. Couple RAM pickups. Old body Malibu. Took the Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 (SSAR) by the booth.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by briantoronto
T1 ~ 15:30 Jan 7.

What kind of Hyundai SUV would you like? Also a Durango. Verano. Couple RAM pickups. Old body Malibu. Took the Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 (SSAR) by the booth.
To take something that's not on the aisle do you speak to a manager/attendant? Whenever I rent at YYZ T1, I am greeted by an attendant and they direct me to the aisle. I usually reserve a PCAR and when I ask for a nice car they quote me a surcharge for the upgrade. I was able to get a Durango (when it wasn't on the aisle) a few times by speaking to the manager, but for all other upgrades they ask me to pay a surcharge. I'm kind of a regular customer there as I rent a few weeks in a month at YYZ and/or downtown branch because I don't own a car.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:35 pm

YYZ now offers reservations for premium pickup for a pretty decent rate.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:19 pm

YYZ T1 1/8 evening, EA/ES:

Hyundai Santa Fe, Tucson
Nissan Pathfinder, Rogue
Kia Sorento
Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia
Dodge Hemi pickup truck
Nissan Altima SV (sunroof)
Chevy Malibu
Ford Fusion SE
Hyundai Sonata Sport Tech (Panoramic sunroof)

Luxury: BMW X1, Infiniti QX50

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.