Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:35 pm

Recently YYZ got a whole bunch of base Camry LE and some Buick Regal 1SL as PCAR
I actually like the Regal, decently equipped and has a fuel efficient and powerful turbocharged engine.

Last edited by powermax; Apr 1, 2015 at 7:02 am
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by powermax
Recently YYZ got a whole bunch of base Camry LE and some Buick Regal 1SL as PCAR
I actually like the Regal, decently equipped and has a fuel efficient and powerful turbocharged engine.
I was getting a Regal this weekend to go to Niagara and was told by National employee that Regal is not fuel efficient due to having a turbo charged engine and suggested to get a Altima or Sonata instead. Did he give me wrong information?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:02 pm

New here, but frequent EA renter at YYZ. Spoke with the Manager there, he said Mustangs are coming, possibly Camaros too. No Challengers as they get written off too easy.

Originally Posted by lardiop
Saw that red V6 Mustang last time I was there too.

I have it on good authority that YYZ is not getting any Mustangs this summer. Looks like some V6 Camaros will be around instead.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:54 pm

Its not as good as a sonata but still a 4 cylinder engine. As a Pcar goes its waayy better than a 300 lacrosse and maxima that uses a v6 engines. I was averaging around 7.9l/100km with the regal mostly highway driving.

Originally Posted by matrixca7
I was getting a Regal this weekend to go to Niagara and was told by National employee that Regal is not fuel efficient due to having a turbo charged engine and suggested to get a Altima or Sonata instead. Did he give me wrong information?

Last edited by powermax; Apr 1, 2015 at 5:39 pm
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:55 pm

Its not as good as a sonata but still a 4 cylinder engine. As a Pcar goes its waayy better than a 300 lacrosse and maxima that uses a v6 engines. I was averaging around 7.9l/100km with the regal mostly highway driving.
Thanks for your reply. It seems it's even better than Sonata. Sonata fuel economy was 8.4 L/100KM on highway driving (Toronto to Niagara and return).
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:02 pm

Thanks for your reply. It seems it's even better than Sonata. Sonata fuel economy was 8.4 L/100KM on highway driving (Toronto to Niagara and return).
The sonata is a bit bigger and depends on your driving habits and load in the car.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC 50K, National Exec, Hertz Pres. Circle, HH Gold, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
April 1 @ 7:30 pm

EA: Sea of Sonata's (Mix of trims from GL to Sport), Patriot, Altima
ES: More Sonata's (including odd 2014 model), 14 Charger, Equinox, Wrangler, Escape, Traverse, Journey, Maxima, Altima

Overflow had mix of SUV's - Explorer, Traverse, Durango. Luxury had 2 Q50's, QX50, and A4

Got Q50 on Premium res since I was doing a one day rental. Has Premium and Navi package, but no SD for Nav. Annoying to have the top screen ask for the SD all the time.

Last edited by ThatBri; Apr 1, 2015 at 8:22 pm
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by ThatBri
April 1 @ 7:30 pm

EA: Sea of Sonata's (Mix of trims from GL to Sport), Patriot, Altima
ES: More Sonata's (including odd 2014 model), 14 Charger, Equinox, Wrangler, Escape, Traverse, Journey, Maxima, Altima

Overflow had mix of SUV's - Explorer, Traverse, Durango. Luxury had 2 Q50's, QX50, and A4

Got Q50 on Premium res since I was doing a one day rental. Has Premium and Navi package, but no SD for Nav. Annoying to have the top screen ask for the SD all the time.
How did you get Q50 on premium reservation? Did you ask for the manager? I had a premium reservation last week and the guy asked me to pay $60 per day extra to get the Q50.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AC 50K, National Exec, Hertz Pres. Circle, HH Gold, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
How did you get Q50 on premium reservation? Did you ask for the manager? I had a premium reservation last week and the guy asked me to pay $60 per day extra to get the Q50.
I think it was a stoke of luck on timing. The attendant who greeted me asked for my reservation, and when I mentioned Premium, he was about to point at the sole Maxima (the only Premium on the lot), but someone was already in it. He went to the booth and did something on the computer. I got asked if I wanted a luxury car, and he gave me the keys to one of the Q50s. Returning the car I noticed that my reservation was bumped up to Luxury, but since I was Exec Elite, I paid the Premium rate. Cost me $11 more over the Fullsize rate, but I can suck it up since it was just a day, and better than the $60 upsell rate you were given.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:23 pm

YYZ just got a huge load of 2015 Edges SEL fully loaded.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
YYZ just got a huge load of 2015 Edges SEL fully loaded.
Yup, 2015 Edge SEL AWD (201A) with the Canadian Comfort Package (leather seats and 6-way power passenger seats) and the now optional 3.5L V6.

A few 2015 Fusion Titaniums just arrived as well. (AWD, Sunroof, Heated and Cooled Seats, Heated Steering Wheel)
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:25 pm

T3 had a 2015 mustang convertible. It had no badges I think its ecoboost premium. I was in a rush and the car was locked but it had leather seats and its classified as star.

Last edited by powermax; Apr 14, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
T3 had a 2015 mustang convertible. It had no badges I think its ecoboost premium. I was in a rush and the car was locked but it had leather seats and its classified as star.
Leather seats would indeed be an ecoboost premium.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
ON plates?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
ON plates?
Yes. And they had a quite a few more at T1 when I returned. They are ecoboost premium mostly red and silver. I guess no GTs this summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.