Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by briantoronto
It is winter so they are pretty rare in the Aisle. Try T-3 first, and if not take the train over to T-1.

Have never seen a Navigator at YYZ (or any other Lincoln for that matter).
Can I rent a car at T3 and replaced it with another one in T1 after 10 minutes? It's because I have many bags when I arrive in T3 and taking the train is not an option.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by matrixca7
Can I rent a car at T3 and replaced it with another one in T1 after 10 minutes? It's because I have many bags when I arrive in T3 and taking the train is not an option.
I wouldn't take any vehicle off the T3 lot that I wasn't planning to keep, save for a mechanical or cleanliness issue legitimately discovered post-pickup. I suppose you could claim such and make your way over to T1 for a swap, but I'll leave that to you and your moral compass.

I'm a frequent National YYZ renter and I will echo the previous posters that say that a large SUV is a very rare beast on the aisles at YYZ.

Egdes, Explorers and Escapes are common but I could probably count on one hand the number of Yukons or Tahoes I've seen on the aisles in 5 years.

Generally speaking, those who want a Tahoe need a Tahoe and National is probably betting they can get market rate for them, especially in the winter.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by briantoronto
It is winter so they are pretty rare in the Aisle. Try T-3 first, and if not take the train over to T-1.

Have never seen a Navigator at YYZ (or any other Lincoln for that matter).
+1

If you're going to have any luck in finding a Tahoe/Yukon on the EA/ES, it'll most likely be at T3. I've also never seen a Lincoln at YYZ in the many years that I've been renting.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:02 am

It seems the cars on the aisle are not what they used to be. I remember I rented from national for 2 consecutive months in 2012. For the first reservation I asked for an Infiniti G37 in T1 which wasn't on the aisle and received it without any extra charge. For the second one I collected a Lincoln MKX from T3.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Update on YYZ:

• 2015 Buick LaCrosse (1LT, Leather)
  • 2015 Ford Escape (SE 1.6 Ecoboost, Vista Roof, Leather, MyFord Touch)
  • 2015 Ford Explorer (XLT, Cloth, MyFord Touch)
  • 2015 Ford Edge (SEL, Cloth, My Ford/MyFord Touch)
  • 2015 Dodge Charger (SXT, Cloth)
  • 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Limited, Leather, V6)
  • 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe (LS, Cloth, Small Display Screen)
  • 2015 Ford Fusion (SE, 2.5 I4, MyFord, Cloth)

Those are your best bets right now. Other cars you'll see a ton of include every base Jeep product in existence, Hyundai Sonatas, and higher mileage Nissan Maximas/Altimas.

Good stuff will be back in the summer!

Last edited by lardiop; Jan 27, 2015 at 11:25 am
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by lardiop
Update on YYZ:
  • 2015 Buick LaCrosse (1LT, Leather)
  • 2015 Ford Escape (SE 1.6 Ecoboost, Vista Roof, Leather, MyFord Touch)
  • 2015 Ford Explorer (XLT, Cloth, MyFord Touch)
  • 2015 Ford Edge (SEL, Cloth, My Ford/MyFord Touch)
  • 2015 Dodge Charger (SXT, Cloth)
  • 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Limited, Leather, V6)
  • 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe (LS, Cloth, Small Display Screen)
  • 2015 Ford Fusion (SE, 2.5 I4, MyFord, Cloth)

Those are your best bets right now. Other cars you'll see a ton of include every base Jeep product in existence, Hyundai Sonatas, and higher mileage Nissan Maximas/Altimas.

Good stuff will be back in the summer!
Thanks for the update. Did you see them in T1 or T3?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Thanks for the update. Did you see them in T1 or T3?
The fleet for Enterprise, National, and Alamo at YYZ is shared. Both terminals draw from a central garage a few kilometers from the airport.

It's always hit and miss. If you have time, take the train to the other terminal and see what's there.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I snagged an X3 at YYZ recently, but it was not from the Aisle.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC 50K, National Exec, Hertz Pres. Circle, HH Gold, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
T1 @ Fri Jan 30, approx 5 pm

EA:
Nearly all Sonata's, some Malibu's, 1 Camry and 1 Cruze

ES:
More Sonata's, 2x Compass, 1x 14' Edge, 1x F-150, 2x Regal, 2x Escape, 1x Traverse, 1x Sportage

Overflow lot had a sea of SUV's. Some notables in overflow: Explorer Limited with Michigan plates, 15' Challenger, Q50 (Tried to take but no one knew where the keys went).
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I wouldn't take any vehicle off the T3 lot that I wasn't planning to keep, save for a mechanical or cleanliness issue legitimately discovered post-pickup. I suppose you could claim such and make your way over to T1 for a swap, but I'll leave that to you and your moral compass.
I've had the situation occur where I take something new to me and find I don't like it before I've gotten very far off the lot. If you return a car that's still clean with no mechanical issues, they'll just chuck it back on the aisle. No harm no foul really. I do see your point though about a T3/T1 swap that could make things difficult for allocating enough cars to each lot.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: National Executive, Avis First
Originally Posted by ThatBri
T1 @ Fri Jan 30, approx 5 pm

EA:
Nearly all Sonata's, some Malibu's, 1 Camry and 1 Cruze

ES:
More Sonata's, 2x Compass, 1x 14' Edge, 1x F-150, 2x Regal, 2x Escape, 1x Traverse, 1x Sportage

Overflow lot had a sea of SUV's. Some notables in overflow: Explorer Limited with Michigan plates, 15' Challenger, Q50 (Tried to take but no one knew where the keys went).
I was there at 6pm @ Fri Jan 30
awful selections. tons of sonatas, few Malibu and 1 Camry.
All the good selections were in the return aisle
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: National Executive, Avis First
T1 on Saturday Jan 31st.
Again tons of sonatas and a few Malibu.

T1 today (February 2nd) around 6pm
2014 1 charger, tons of sonatas, 1 buick regal, a few malibu
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: AC 50K, National Exec, Hertz Pres. Circle, HH Gold, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
T1 @ 8:00 pm Feb 5

EA:
Ram, Frontier, 200, Sonata, Malibu

ES:
Escape SE, Legacy, Regal, Some Altimas, Equinox, Fusion SE, Explorer XLT, Ram, Every other car was a Malibu
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:53 pm

Did you guys see any Infiniti at T1 recently? Is it considered a Premium or Luxury category?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:15 pm

Did you guys see any Infiniti at T1 recently? Is it considered a Premium or Luxury category?
There are some Q50s they are GXAR (Full size elite) but they are hard to find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.