Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by matrixca7
It's the base model without any seat heaters. I'm thinking about returning it and get another car that has more options. I had a charger before this and was very happy with that.
Yeah, the only thing I don't like about the base is there is no backup camera/sensors which is somewhat useful as the Durango is quite large.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by xienon
Was really hoping for a Regal or B250, both of which I've never seen in any US locations but no luck.

ES had: 2 Escape SE AWD w/ Leather and Glass roof (grabbed one), Outlander, Rondo, Equinox, Fusion SE, and a lot of Sonatas.
Those Escapes are well equipped but they are a bit underpowered with the 1.6 Ecoboost.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by powermax
Those Escapes are well equipped but they are a bit underpowered with the 1.6 Ecoboost.
Yeah, the 1.6L with the added weight of AWD is quite a bit slower than the 2.0L FWD one I got a year or so ago. Still, it's nice to see that YYZ still has these well equipped Escapes when I haven't seen a leather Escape in the US for a while now.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: National EE
I'm driving a Journey R/T AWD 2015 now and the fuel economy is 14.5 100KL/L. Is it normal or there's something wrong with the car? I'm afraid if I exchange the car I will get the base model.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:05 pm

I'm driving a Journey R/T AWD 2015 now and the fuel economy is 14.5 100KL/L. Is it normal or there's something wrong with the car? I'm afraid if I exchange the car I will get the base model.
Pretty much normal specially with these cold temperatures.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by powermax
Pretty much normal specially with these cold temperatures.
I had a Dodge Durango last week and its fuel economy was 15.8 L/100KM, I thought Journey would be something around 10-11. Anyways, I exchanged the Journey with Charger today as I don't need a SUV now.

When I was in downtown branch doing the exchange today, a fellow returned an Audi. I didn't know National offers Audi.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

for T1: do they have any other minivans than Grand Caravans? Will be renting one in September for a family trip.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:49 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by Aventine
for T1: do they have any other minivans than Grand Caravans? Will be renting one in September for a family trip.
I have seen town and country's, but I doubt that's what you were hoping for
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by briantoronto
I have seen town and country's, but I doubt that's what you were hoping for
Was just wondering if they had any Siennas or Odysseys but thank you for the info.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
Was just wondering if they had any Siennas or Odysseys but thank you for the info.
Better chance of finding the popemobile than the Odyssey. The Sienna is fairly common, at least in the US.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
There were a couple of brand new Ford Flex Limited AWD in the ES this weekend. Categorized as a premium crossover. It had the third row of seating and should seat a total of 7.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
YYZ just received a bunch of new Chrysler 300S sedans. Beats Audio, blacked out 20" rims, updated interior and exterior. Best thing in the ES right now.

Expect to see some new Impalas, Mazda 6, the new Genesis sedan, and fully loaded Edges to name a few over the next little bit.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by lardiop
YYZ just received a bunch of new Chrysler 300S sedans. Beats Audio, blacked out 20" rims, updated interior and exterior. Best thing in the ES right now.
I guess I'm just being a grumpy old man, but that sounds absolutely awful.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:37 am

I had a Dodge Durango last week and its fuel economy was 15.8 L/100KM, I thought Journey would be something around 10-11. Anyways, I exchanged the Journey with Charger today as I don't need a SUV now.

When I was in downtown branch doing the exchange today, a fellow returned an Audi. I didn't know National offers Audi.
They had a black Audi A4 back in December @YUL, I took it as quickly as possible, the guy behind me was pissed off when he saw what I drove away with. It was classified as Luxury 2 Or 4-door/automatic/air.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:26 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by Alain Kuhn Von Kuhnenfeld
They had a black Audi A4 back in December @YUL, I took it as quickly as possible, the guy behind me was pissed off when he saw what I drove away with. It was classified as Luxury 2 Or 4-door/automatic/air.
They always seem to have a few downtown at Wellington St. Usually offered a 10$/day up sell there from a full size. 15$/day for an X3. But the times I have taken one both are pretty stripped (no nav, etc).

Avis at YYZ has much better kitted out Audi/BMWs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.