Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:11 pm

YYZ has lots of BWM X1 but they are bare bones models. No XM no back up camera, no Bluetooth streaming and manual seats with fake leather....

Originally Posted by turbov6
YYZ T1 1/8 evening, EA/ES:

Hyundai Santa Fe, Tucson
Nissan Pathfinder, Rogue
Kia Sorento
Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia
Dodge Hemi pickup truck
Nissan Altima SV (sunroof)
Chevy Malibu
Ford Fusion SE
Hyundai Sonata Sport Tech (Panoramic sunroof)

Luxury: BMW X1, Infiniti QX50
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: National EE
It seems YYZ doesn't offer online reservation for LCAR anymore.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:05 am

Nowhere in Canada seems to, it's enormously frustrating and is surely pushing people to other rental firms who do. I much prefer National but will require Avis now for Canadian rentals.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:01 pm

Are National and Enterprise the same outfit/linked at YYZ?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: AC 50K, National Exec, Hertz Pres. Circle, HH Gold, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by arf04
Are National and Enterprise the same outfit/linked at YYZ?
Yes they are along with Alamo. However, Enterprise uses a different procedure for renting and returning cars, and they have their own gate.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:20 pm

YYZ just got a ton of 2016 Ford Flex Limited's. pretty standard for that trim level, loaded; leather and roof. It is a fuel sipper though with its V6. Enjoy them, because you might not see much of the new Ford models in this coming year's fleet.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by ThatBri
Yes they are along with Alamo. However, Enterprise uses a different procedure for renting and returning cars, and they have their own gate.
Thanks. Picked up from them today and was unhappy that I wasn't able to use National (someone else took care of the booking so I had to do it their way). The kid checking me in was really odd to deal with, but a plus was that he took me out to the cars and offered me a choice. The one I initially chose had what looked like a slightly low front pax side tire. When I asked him what he thought, he told me it was lower than the back because the engines in cars are in front and put more weight on the tires (seriously!). I held my tongue and chose a different car. Missed my exec aisle today!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 4:46 am

Arriving at YTZ but the Wellington location has way better rates.
How's the selection? Is there a way to check their vehicles in the garage before heading to the counter?
Am I better off taking the train to YYZ?
(Would rather do that than driving all the way to YYZ just to switch vehicles).
Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:27 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by powermax
How's the selection? Is there a way to check their vehicles in the garage before heading to the counter?
Thanks!
It is mixed but can be OK. Better than Yonge/Bloor I find. If you are Emerald Club you can go strait to the booth in P2 of the garage and choose your car with the agent there. You are two blocks from the UPX if you want to bail on it and try your luck at YYZ.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by powermax
Thanks!
They don't have an aisle but they allow you to choose a car within the class you booked and with a FCAR they allow you to take a small SUV. I suggest you to book a PCAR and if they don't have a PCAR they will give you a LCAR like an Infiniti sedan.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:19 am

Infiniti Sedan isn't an LCAR its a GXAR. It's a bit of a let down if you were expecting a luxury car.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Foxtbh
Infiniti Sedan isn't an LCAR its a GXAR. It's a bit of a let down if you were expecting a luxury car.
I always thought Infiniti sedan is a LCAR. My last rental at Wellington branch they gave me an Infiniti Q50 for a LCAR reservation. I guess I should go back and ask for a refund
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:36 pm

Thanks for all the replies I will try it and report back.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by matrixca7
I always thought Infiniti sedan is a LCAR. My last rental at Wellington branch they gave me an Infiniti Q50 for a LCAR reservation. I guess I should go back and ask for a refund
Yea, I've had them on an LCAR as well but they are not LCAR classified vehicles. They are Fullsize Elite's, which National believe are equal or better to LCAR but it's difficult to claim that a Q50 is the same sort of car as an XTS..
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:57 am

So next time if they give me a Q50 for LCAR reservation can I refuse and say it's not a LCAR?

Is QX50 (Suv) is also not a LCAR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.