MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Nothing current for TD or CIBC Aeroplan cards?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Nothing current for TD or CIBC Aeroplan cards?
I posted a personal CIBC offer on this thread.Limited time offer at ALL CIBC branches(ONLY).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29143986-post292.html
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jubberly
I posted a personal CIBC offer on this thread.Limited time offer at ALL CIBC branches(ONLY).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29143986-post292.html
Thanks! Can't believe it's in-branch... oh CIBC when will you move into 1997.
pokee likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:25 pm

i see 15000 pt offer when i log on my aeroplan account , its online but looks like $120 fee for card.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:42 am

Been a while since TD had a promo for the Infinite Aeroplan card.
Any pattern as to what dates they usually come out?

Edit: Looks like the last one started March.

Last edited by jubberly; Jan 3, 2018 at 5:10 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
TD had FYF on the AVI less than a year ago because I still have one in my wallet that I haven't had the AF come up on just yet. It has been a while though, at least 6 months or so by now?

Also, forgive me if this has been asked before, but how strict is GCR when it comes to the "new credit card holders only" stipulation for the MBNA AS MC $60 rebate? I last had the card not quite a year or so ago.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
TD had FYF on the AVI less than a year ago because I still have one in my wallet that I haven't had the AF come up on just yet. It has been a while though, at least 6 months or so by now?

Also, forgive me if this has been asked before, but how strict is GCR when it comes to the "new credit card holders only" stipulation for the MBNA AS MC $60 rebate? I last had the card not quite a year or so ago.
I've had multiple GCR rebates for the multiple MBNA Alaska cards I've applied for....including a recent app from a couple of months ago.
heraclitus likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
This offer is now open.
Must be 18+ or 19+, depending where you live.

"In most cases, registrations will be processed and, if approved, cards should be received in the mail within six weeks. In some cases, however, registration processing (including fraud management) and card delivery may take up to 12 weeks."

Originally Posted by jerry305
Loblaw $25 gift card offer

Short story:
Loblaws is offering $25 gift cards for those who apply for them. Promo starts January 8, 2018.
Here's the website for when it launches: https://loblawcard.ca

Long story:
George Weston Ltd. and Loblaw Companies Ltd. said that they became aware of an arrangement involving the co-ordination of retail and wholesale prices of some packaged breads from late 2001 to March 2015. Consumers were overcharged. Basically, it was price-fixing, says a Toronto star article. The company notified the Competition Bureau when they discovered it. The company has developed this offer to make amends. Loblaw expects three million to six million Canadians will receive the goodwill gesture. (So do your part!)

You should be able to secure a $25 gift card for each 18+ adult in your household.

Last edited by jerry305; Jan 8, 2018 at 8:54 am
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:48 am

Thanks for this one!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:43 am

PayTM just started charging fees. Anyone aware of any other apps?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:34 am

Anyone know of any current un-advertised promotions involving showing a bank a competitor's card in order to get their version at an advantageous rate (or free)?

I've got the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege...wondering if I can flash that to RBC or TD to get one of their Privilege cards for free.
heraclitus likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Anyone know of any current un-advertised promotions involving showing a bank a competitor's card in order to get their version at an advantageous rate (or free)?

I've got the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege...wondering if I can flash that to RBC or TD to get one of their Privilege cards for free.
Worked for me at RBC this September (page 285 of this thread):
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:25 pm

Nope...not a Privilege card,only Infinite Avion or Avion,at RBC.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member

Curious why you would you even want those cards....even if they agree to FYF / largely discounted to $99 AF
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Chase is discontinuing all cards in Canada, including the Amazon and Marriott Visa.
All cardholder accounts will be closed March 15, 2018.
Marriott Visa cardholders can expect a new, sweetened offer from Amex for an SPG card.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...a-card-83.html

The Marriott Visa is (was) a popular no-foreign-exchange-fee card.
If you're in the market for no-foreign-exchange-fee cards, there's some discussion of other cards on page 78 of the Marriott Visa thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...a-card-78.html

Last edited by jerry305; Jan 17, 2018 at 10:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.