MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
LOL! That's a good one. Which location did you go to? What's the name of the rep?
Vancouver near Oakridge mall.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Yep, just got an email from Aeroplan re: Esso

As a valued Aeroplan member, we want to keep you informed about the latest program news. After May 31, 2018, Esso stations will no longer issue Aeroplan Miles. You can find answers to any questions you may have about this change by visiting our FAQ anytime.

https://www.aeroplan.com/essonews.do...ge=en#esso-faq
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
With all these devaluation I question myself whether these "sign up bonus" are worth it or just keep my various cashback cards?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tobegold

Vancouver near Oakridge mall.
Oh, the one that's next to Vancity and right across from TD. It's a convenient location for me as it's close to the Canada Line Station.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by pokee
I can't believe they're still pushing credit cards with Aeroplan when the program is almost done. Seems pointless - everyone is going to be trying to burn the points at the bitter end, and there'll be nothing available - don't you think?
There's absolutely no way that people burning Aeroplan will make enough of a dent in the Star Alliance network for anyone to notice.

Sure, I think the redemptions are going to go up a LOT, but considering you can book 365 days out, I'm pretty certain there'll be enough flights available for everyone with some proper planning (though maybe the "most popular" ones will disappear, but hell, just fly another route).

And I'm sure YQ charging airlines will always be available. Hah.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by tobegold
I applied in my local branch today, when the rep gives me the form to sign it says Adventura card, despite all along my saying Aerogold to her. She cannot find the offer, calls the credit card Center and they are clueless, she keeps saying Aventura and I keep having to correct her, I thank her for wasting my time and leave. When I get home 20 min later there is a message saying that she talked to her manager in the branch and there IS a 30K FYF offer for the aerogold card and I can get it.
Your experience matches what I and @heraclitus had suggested at the CIBC Aeroplan thread, about inept in-branch reps for CC offers:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...l#post29505754
  • Quote: I agree about in-branch reps. They are generally NOT well-versed on CCs and their different signup offers, whereas if you call and get connected to a CC rep, they usually are boned-up on what's available....bank reps are there to try and sell you a loan, investment products, new chequing account, etc., they infrequently deal with CC matters.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:03 pm

So basically both the Rogers card and the Fido card now suck, both at 1.25% cashback.

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/notification
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by emilio911
So basically both the Rogers card and the Fido card now suck, both at 1.25% cashback.
As of 23 May, yes.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:07 am

Smile 50 free airmiles

Must link card March 15- March 21.

https://www.metro.ca/en/sign-up
jerry305 likes this.

Last edited by imverge; Mar 14, 2018 at 10:47 am Reason: added link.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:31 am
Suspended

Air Miles Mega Miles is on until April 12 for an easy 1250 Air Miles.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by BenSenise
Air Miles Mega Miles is on until April 12 for an easy 1250 Air Miles.
Very cool.
Here's the link: https://airmilesmegamiles.ca/en/

If you shop at 5 sponsors, you get 1250 Air Miles ($125 value).
New option this time:
If you shop at only 3 sponsors, you get 650 Air Miles ($65 value).
I find that getting the 4th and 5th merchants are the hardest, so that's a nice fallback.

Here are the merchants I’ll attempt for the cards I manage. (These are based on Manitoba options; your options may differ.)

REWARDING YOUR OPINIONS • Need to join the survey program, and maybe do one survey.
BMO AIR MILES MASTERCARD • I still have this card from my last churn. Need to make any 20 transactions, of any amount. If I’m in a pinch, it’ll be 20 purchases for in-app local street parking at 5 cents each. Must “opt in” on the website.
HUDSON BAY: Register to auto-convert Hudson's Bay Rewards points to Miles (also +10 Air Miles)... I don't shop at The Bay, so, sure, why not?
SHELL • Buy 25 L gas.

SAFEWAY PHARMACY • Buy $10+ of pharmacy items.
SAFEWAY: $60 spend (also 5x Air Miles)
SOBEY’S: $60 spend (also 5x Air Miles)
STAPLES: $75 spend (also 10x Air Miles)
HUDSON BAY / HOME OUTFITTERS: $50 spend (also +25 Air Miles)
REXALL: $40 spend (also +40 Air Miles)

Last edited by jerry305; Mar 18, 2018 at 11:48 am Reason: Added 1 more find.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerry305
Very cool.
Here's the link: https://airmilesmegamiles.ca/en/

If you shop at 5 sponsors, you get 1250 Air Miles ($125 value).
New option this time:
If you shop at only 3 sponsors, you get 650 Air Miles ($65 value).
I find that getting the 4th and 5th merchants are the hardest, so that's a nice fallback.

Here are the merchants I’ll attempt for the cards I manage. (These are based on Manitoba options; your options may differ.)

REWARDING YOUR OPINIONS • Need to join the survey program, and maybe do one survey.
SHELL • Buy 25 L gas.
BMO AIR MILES MASTERCARD • I still have this card from my last churn. Need to make any 20 transactions, of any amount. If I’m in a pinch, it’ll be 20 purchases for in-app local street parking at 5 cents each. Must “opt in” on the website.
SAFEWAY PHARMACY • Buy $10+ of pharmacy items.
SAFEWAY: $60 spend (also 5x Air Miles)
SOBEY’S: $60 spend (also 5x Air Miles)
STAPLES: $75 spend (also 10x Air Miles)
HUDSON BAY / HOME OUTFITTERS: $50 spend (also +25 Air Miles)
REXALL: $40 spend (also +40 Air Miles)
In Ontario (except Thunder Bay) you just need to buy 5 bottles of designated products from LCBO. IIRC there is quite a large selection this time unlike the two from the Dec 17 offerings.
Online LCBO purchases count as well but you need to pay S/H.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jerry305
For the BC options, I don't know how I can make use of more than one or two, but I'm still trying to work it out.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by tentseller
In Ontario (except Thunder Bay) you just need to buy 5 bottles of designated products from LCBO. IIRC there is quite a large selection this time unlike the two from the Dec 17 offerings.
Online LCBO purchases count as well but you need to pay S/H.
Don't you need to use five different partners? Buying 5 bottles at LCBO is just one partner.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJonahJ

Don't you need to use five different partners? Buying 5 bottles at LCBO is just one partner.
Dec 2017 I got credit for 7 task and two of them should be two different LCBO products ON TWO DIFFERENT PURCHASES AND DATES
Since I am not in Canada during this promo, the BMO and AMEX should take care of themselves without out of the way purchases and I will buy the 3 LCBO online and let you all know when it post or not post.

Last edited by tentseller; Mar 14, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.