Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old May 3, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA,Aeroplan,Delta, SPG, Marriot, IHG
Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
I just received an email offer from BW for 50,000 points. Offer expires July 15, 2014. Is there a way to double dip via GCR?
What is the code for 50K promotion. I am interested in applying.
Old May 3, 2014, 4:45 pm

deleted
Old May 3, 2014, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
  1. Chase Marriot Visa with waived first year fees ($120/yr thereafter), 50,000 Marriott Rewards welcome points, a 1-nite e-certificate good for up to Cat-4, just spend $1 to qualify. It's an ongoing promo, with Chase issuing new signup offers on a monthly basis. There is a current promo link that expires May 31st, 2014, but it will probably be replaced by another one later this month. Read about it here:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post22780967

2. MBNA Choice Privileges MC - apply through GCR and get a $60 cash rebate, on top of the current elevated 24,000 point signup (normally only 8,000)...a no fee card, just spend $1 to qualify. Promo ends June 9th, 2014. Read about it here:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...l#post22489372

3. MBNA Best Western MC - you can sign up through GCR and get a $60 cash rebate, but only 20,000 welcome points. Better to wait for MBNA to promo it for 50,000 or 60,000 points (usually not offered at this point level at GCR)...a no fee card, but requires $1K or $2K spending to get 50K or 60K points. Not currently promo'd at this higher points offering, so wait for it to come around...it's been promo'd three times in about 18 months.
Thanks JJonahJ. I'm curious as to why you left SPG and IHG off your list?
Old May 3, 2014, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
Cuz the spg promo isn't the best historic offer atm
Old May 3, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by prmetime
No particular reason. I just figured I'd let someone else have some fun. Besides, my keyboard needs an oil change.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
No particular reason. I just figured I'd let someone else have some fun. Besides, my keyboard needs an oil change.
Appreciate the response before you start the oil change!
Old May 3, 2014, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Cuz the spg promo isn't the best historic offer atm
Totally agree. I will wait until a better offer comes along. Seems like things are very quiet imho right now.
Old May 5, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by jerry305
Aeroplan.ca is now promoting the shop.ca website.

^ Until May 16, get 15 Aeroplan miles per $1 spent, for first purchase only.
You can also go through ebates.ca and double dip with cash back as well (15% cash back special)
Old May 5, 2014, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Alberta only: 15,000 Aeroplan® Miles: Direct Energy contract

(This offer is advertised on Aeroplan's iPhone app, but not Aeroplan's main website.)

Alberta residents, who are new subscribers to Direct Energy, can get 15,000 Aeroplan miles for starting a 3-year contract. Price is locked in at 8.59˘/KWh.

Direct Energy signup: 15,000 Aeroplan
Get up to 15,000 Aeroplan® Miles when you sign up for the 3-Year Super Flex Dual Fuel Price Plan

T&C:
"(You get 5,000 miles, plus...) Each month thereafter, you will receive 1,000 miles for a total of ten months as long as you remain a Direct Energy Natural Gas and Electricity customer."
Old May 8, 2014, 3:37 pm

Does anyone have a new link for the 50k marriot visa card promo?

Marriott Rewards Visa: 50,000 points with targeted codes
Old May 8, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Aeroplan, Marriott Gold Elite, Nexus
Originally Posted by kenwood
Does anyone have a new link for the 50k marriot visa card promo?

Marriott Rewards Visa: 50,000 points with targeted codes
It's like 4 posts up... expires May 31, 2014
Old May 8, 2014, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by bilingualMK
It's like 4 posts up... expires May 31, 2014
I m going to make an appointment with my optometrist tomorrow - clearly I have trouble reading.
Old May 9, 2014, 5:36 am

Has anyone who had trouble getting the 15,000 Marriott points via the Chase credit card supplementary user bonus received them yet?

I seem to have been playing a "he said, she said" game between Marriott rewards and Chase. Both say they have sent messages to each other and they "are on it." But they still haven't posted and both said once it is figured out they will post. I guess I will see once the upcoming cycle ends if anything happens but I have a bad feeling about it.

Anyone with success have any advice how to deal with these two companies?
Old May 9, 2014, 7:57 am

yes I got them two days before my April statement posted
Old May 9, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by tommy99
Has anyone who had trouble getting the 15,000 Marriott points via the Chase credit card supplementary user bonus received them yet?

I seem to have been playing a "he said, she said" game between Marriott rewards and Chase. Both say they have sent messages to each other and they "are on it." But they still haven't posted and both said once it is figured out they will post. I guess I will see once the upcoming cycle ends if anything happens but I have a bad feeling about it.

Anyone with success have any advice how to deal with these two companies?
Nope, still waiting for mine and Mr. Fink's too, depsite both Chase and Marriott say they are 'on it' and it would 'for sure post by the end of this (2weeks ago) week'. I have given up and am just waiting for the May statement to post before I start the next round of phone calls. I had wanted to use them for a stay May 1st so I lost that opportunity

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.