Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Canadian Offer; 24,000 Points with new MBNA Choice Privileges Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

With thanks to shakezula for posting the Best Western version of this offer in the BW Forum.

24,000 Choice Privileges points ( 8,000 after first purchase and an additional 16,000 when you spend $ 300 on card by February 14, 2013 ). Decent offer for a Canadian issued no fee credit card.

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/CACCa...=CA_1517153840
Old Sep 1, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by thebobmc
With thanks to shakezula for posting the Best Western version of this offer in the BW Forum.

24,000 Choice Privileges points ( 8,000 after first purchase and an additional 16,000 when you spend $ 300 on card by February 14, 2013 ). Decent offer for a Canadian issued no fee credit card.

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/CACCa...=CA_1517153840
You can get all inclusive resort nights for 2 in Mexico or elsewhere for only 25000 pts.
Also some more related luxury brands now are part of the program.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
AS I indicated in the BW offer. Apply for this card through http://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca. You will get $ 60. after the application is approved.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Just got this offer :

Dear Yul_voyager,

Apply for the Choice Privileges® MasterCard® credit card by July 31, 2013 and you can earn up to 3 FREE NIGHTSą at over 1,500 hotels across North America!

With the no annual fee Choice Privileges MasterCard credit card, you'll earn points toward more free nights with every eligible purchase‡.

Apply today and you can earn:

• Up to 24,000 pointsą – that's enough for 3 nights* at over 1,500 locations across North America

• Up to 15 points for every $1 eligible purchases at over 5,500 Choice Privileges locations in Canada, the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and Australasia**

• 2 points for every qualifying net retail $1 spent on everyday purchases like gas and groceries‡

• 2,000 Bonus Points every year on your account anniversary‡

• Up to an additional 4,500 Bonus Points when you spend $30,000 in a calendar year‡

Plus, get automatically upgraded to Elite Gold status, which gives you:***

• The ability to book free nights 50 days in advance instead of 30 days

• A 10% point bonus on every eligible stay

Not too bad offer for a no fee card, even if 2 CP point per $ is very poor (compared to 2% cash back I have with the Capital One MC for example). Could take it for the bonuses and to pay when I stay in choice hotels...
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: *void
MBNA Choice Privileges 24,000 offer back - till June 9, 2014

The 24,000 point promo is back.

[edit]: As of March 11th, it appears that GCR has revised their normal 8,000 promo, and is offering this card at the 24,000 level, while also giving $60 cash rebate for this card.
http://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/d...icePrivileges/

Or, if you can't be bothered to join GCR, the direct signup at MBNA is:
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/CACCa...=CQJ5&lc=en_CA

Until June 9, 2014 only, earn up to 24,000 points1 - enough for 3 up to FREE Nights1 at over 1,500 Choice Privileges® locations across North America!

Using the no annual fee Choice Privileges MasterCard® credit card is an easy way to earn free hotel stays as you’ll earn points every time you use it. Plus, you’ll get automatically upgraded to Elite Gold status♦♦ – earning you more points for every eligible stay at a participating location.

Apply today and you'll earn:

• Up to 24,000 points - 8,000 points, enough for 1 free night upon your first purchase and an additional 16,000 points, enough for two more FREE nights upon making an eligible purchase by July 31, 2014.

• Up to 15 points for every $1 in eligible purchases at over 5,500 Choice Privileges locations in Canada, the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and Australasia

• 2 points for every $1 spent on everyday eligible purchases‡

• No annual fee

Plus, get automatically upgraded to Elite Gold status, which gives you:

Last edited by JJonahJ; Mar 11, 2014 at 10:44 pm Reason: GCR now offering it at 24,000, along with $60 cash rebate
Old May 3, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
The 24,000 point promo is back.

[edit]: As of March 11th, it appears that GCR has revised their normal 8,000 promo, and is offering this card at the 24,000 level, while also giving $60 cash rebate for this card.
http://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/d...icePrivileges/

Or, if you can't be bothered to join GCR, the direct signup at MBNA is:
https://www.applyonlinenow.com/CACCa...=CQJ5&lc=en_CA

Until June 9, 2014 only, earn up to 24,000 points1 - enough for 3 up to FREE Nights1 at over 1,500 Choice Privileges® locations across North America!

Using the no annual fee Choice Privileges MasterCard® credit card is an easy way to earn free hotel stays as you’ll earn points every time you use it. Plus, you’ll get automatically upgraded to Elite Gold status♦♦ – earning you more points for every eligible stay at a participating location.

Apply today and you'll earn:

• Up to 24,000 points - 8,000 points, enough for 1 free night upon your first purchase and an additional 16,000 points, enough for two more FREE nights upon making an eligible purchase by July 31, 2014.

• Up to 15 points for every $1 in eligible purchases at over 5,500 Choice Privileges locations in Canada, the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and Australasia

• 2 points for every $1 spent on everyday eligible purchases‡

• No annual fee

Plus, get automatically upgraded to Elite Gold status, which gives you:
Just curious what eligible purchase qualifies for the additional 16,000 pts?
Old May 3, 2014, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
Just curious what eligible purchase qualifies for the additional 16,000 pts?
Real easy, no gimmicks. The $1 drink promo at McDonald's should do it. It's not complicated. Practically any first purchase on the card will trigger your eligibility to get the 24K promo points.
Old May 3, 2014, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Real easy, no gimmicks. The $1 drink promo at McDonald's should do it. It's not complicated. Practically any first purchase on the card will trigger your eligibility to get the 24K promo points.

Basically, you need to make 2 purchases. One for the first 8000 pts, then another for the additional 16000 pts, right?
Old May 14, 2014, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Does anyone recall how quickly the points post to your account after you make the first qualifying purchases?

I'm looking to make a reservation in June 2014 and I haven't gotten my card yet.

Thanks
Old May 16, 2014, 7:07 am
alc

Originally Posted by jellytime
Does anyone recall how quickly the points post to your account after you make the first qualifying purchases?

I'm looking to make a reservation in June 2014 and I haven't gotten my card yet.

Thanks
a few days (2??) after the next statement generated.

When I got this card last year, I actually only put $0.17 on it and got my sign-up bonus. Was at Tim Hortons and giftcard didn't have enough money in it, so I use this card that I just activated before heading to Tim Hortons. Initially I thought I required to earn at least 1 point to be my qualify spending, but it look like even if you charge $0.01 and it will still work.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: BA,Aeroplan,Delta, SPG, Marriot, IHG
choice hotel

Can some one please send me a referral to join Choice Privileges?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:27 pm

For those who are interested in getting the promo offer from Choice Hotels, here is an offer from GCR until Jun 9/2014.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by ValueHunter99
For those who are interested in getting the promo offer from Choice Hotels, here is an offer from GCR until Jun 9/2014.
VH, not really sure what you're trying to say here, but I already had that link in my original post about this current promo.

Anyway, this promo expires today, June 9th, 2014. I know these aren't the greatest class of hotels, but they have their uses. With the $60 GCR rebate it's worth over $300 to me, so I'll churn it again.

Off topic: What we need now is the MBNA Best Western MC promo for 50K, to go on promo again. VH, didn't you say you got a targeted email for this recently?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Card no longer offered

Per Rewards Canada, MBNA and Choice have split and on checking on the Choice website the link to the MBNA card no longer works.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by tobegold
Per Rewards Canada, MBNA and Choice have split and on checking on the Choice website the link to the MBNA card no longer works.
Interesting, I wonder what is going to happen with existing cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.