MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Just a reminder that we have a forum specifically for the discussion of churning credit cards. Please continue any discussion regarding this specific topic to Manufactured Spending.

Thank you,

MileageAddict
Not to be annoying, but Manufactured Spending has very little to do with Credit Card Churning. One can credit card churn with 0 manufactured spending, it's an entirely different entity.

"Question: Who should be posting in the Manufactured Spending Forum?

Answer: All Flyertalk members are welcome and encouraged to post any and all strategies, ideas and promotions pertaining to earning airline miles or points through strategic spending. "

"strategic spending" as a strategy has nothing to do with whether or not credit cards award repeat bonuses (churning)
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:05 pm

Just a reminder that we have a forum specifically for the discussion of churning credit cards. Please continue any discussion regarding this specific topic to Manufactured Spending.

Thank you,

MileageAddict
Canada has next to none strategic spending. For practical purposes, ms is non existent in Canada
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:09 pm

Thank you,

MileageAddict

Milesbuzz is here to stay! I am not switching to "manufactured spending".
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP

(the wiki on this forum only talks about credit cards...)

Thank you,

MileageAddict
Old Apr 5, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Damm it! MBNA declined my 3rd card due to excessive credit card applications last year. 12 isn't so bad is it?

That sucks.
Guess what? MBNA sent me a letter profusely apologizing that they made a mistake in turning down my 3rd card application. I got the letter Friday and the card Monday!

I wonder how THAT happened? I know the rep was a real -insert expletive- but it took over a month to get approved.

Odd but happy.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:31 am

RBC has a new 50,000 Avios card offer. I just cancelled my card from last fall a few weeks back. Think I could get a new card and bonus offer? I did read this in the T&C...

This offer is only available to new RBC British Airways Visa Infinite cardholders
Thoughts?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:38 am

RBC has a new 50,000 Avios card offer. I just cancelled my card from last fall a few weeks back. Think I could get a new card and bonus offer? I did read this in the T&C...

Thoughts?
With RBC, you need 3 months between each application (or 4 to make sure).
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:14 am

Thoughts?
9000 spend in first 3 months.I will pass.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by mitelsp
9000 spend in first 3 months.I will pass.
Indeed, one can pickup the plat amex for business for 399$, spend 5k and get 75k points...

Or just grab the gold business card for free, spend 5k and get 40k miles
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone used the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite benefits with Air Canada? I am aware that you get one free checked baggage, priority check-in and priority boarding but how we actually obtain the benefits? Do we simply show the TD card at check-in and boarding? Or do we have to pre-arrange somehow and get a voucher? I ask because I’m pretty sure the agent at the gate doesn’t care if you’re holding a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, FPC Plat
Originally Posted by loun80
Has anyone used the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite benefits with Air Canada? I am aware that you get one free checked baggage, priority check-in and priority boarding but how we actually obtain the benefits? Do we simply show the TD card at check-in and boarding? Or do we have to pre-arrange somehow and get a voucher? I ask because I’m pretty sure the agent at the gate doesn’t care if you’re holding a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card.
I've used these benefits a few times now. Just show your TD Aeroplan Visa at the check-in counter (don't need to show at the gate) and you should get your free baggage and priority boarding no problem. Priority boarding is zone 2 I believe and it's printed on your boarding pass.

Added: The above assumes you are traveling on an Aeroplan reward.

Last edited by MJ777; Apr 6, 2016 at 11:49 am
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
Indeed, one can pickup the plat amex for business for 399$, spend 5k and get 75k points...

Done and had one. Amex is and has been good to me.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by MJ777
I've used these benefits a few times now. Just show your TD Aeroplan Visa at the check-in counter (don't need to show at the gate) and you should get your free baggage and priority boarding no problem. Priority boarding is zone 2 I believe and it's printed on your boarding pass.

Added: The above assumes you are traveling on an Aeroplan reward.
The down side might be the line up at the check in counter.....when I was traveling Y on an Aeroplan ticket, I wasted over 30 minutes in line for my "free" checked bag. I'm sure if I had been flying J it wouldn't have been so bad. Once I reached the counter, though, things were swift and worked as they should.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hearna

Oh wow! I was not aware that AMEX was offerring the Gold Business with FYF!

I read somewhere that we are only allowed to have 2 business cards at a time. Is this true?

I currently have the AMEX SPG Business and I am planning to apply for the Platinum Business in June.

Will having the AMEX SPG Business and Gold Business prevent me from getting approved for Platinum Business?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by loun80
Oh wow! I was not aware that AMEX was offerring the Gold Business with FYF!

I read somewhere that we are only allowed to have 2 business cards at a time. Is this true?

I currently have the AMEX SPG Business and I am planning to apply for the Platinum Business in June.

Will having the AMEX SPG Business and Gold Business prevent me from getting approved for Platinum Business?
Read & discuss in this AMEX thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...2016-a-44.html

but you should be fine
Don't believe there's limit on # of Business cards. Some even reported having 3X Biz Gold cards at once!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.