MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Can you clarify how Amex 'warned' you?

Were you trying to apply through phone?
Or did you sign up on the web, and they proactively called you?
Or did you sign up on the web, and you called in to check on your status, and they warned you?
Was calling in to cancel my Gold Business card and express interest in the Gold Personal. Agent said she didn't want me to incur a credit inquiry while not get bonus! Very nice of her

In other disappointing AMEX Canada news today:
1) AMEX Canada not part of Aeroplan's transfer bonus announced today.
2) AMEX Canada not part of Ethiad's transfer bonus announced yesterday while many (nearly all?) other AMEX countries get to play: http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...inancial/amex/
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan, Marriott, x,Hilton
Disappointing news for RBC avion users

Twice a year andf or many years, 50% transfer bonuses to Avios have been offered by RBC avion.

Today a new statement shows an offer until Dec. 15 but for a 30% bonus only.

With the devaluation of BA Avios points, things are not looking good for CC collectors.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by FlightorFight
2) AMEX Canada not part of Ethiad's transfer bonus announced yesterday while many (nearly all?) other AMEX countries get to play: http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...inancial/amex/
Is that confirmed or just an error on the Etihad website? Your link is for all point transfers, not just the 25% bonus. The Canadian AMEX website still has Etihad as a 4:3 transfer partner.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by barneyg_
Is that confirmed or just an error on the Etihad website? Your link is for all point transfers, not just the 25% bonus. The Canadian AMEX website still has Etihad as a 4:3 transfer partner.
I would guess that Canadian Amex does work for this promotion
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
It does.

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2015/11...embership.html

What are the benefits of Etihad?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
It does.

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2015/11...embership.html

What are the benefits of Etihad?
You can redeem for American Airlines flights and a bunch of other partners. Etihad is not part of an alliance but have individual alliances with a good variety of partners throughout the big 3 alliances.

And redeeming on partners seems to be way better than redeeming on Etihad flights themselves
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by bmabnorth
You can redeem for American Airlines flights and a bunch of other partners. Etihad is not part of an alliance but have individual alliances with a good variety of partners throughout the big 3 alliances.

And redeeming on partners seems to be way better than redeeming on Etihad flights themselves
Thank you for information!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:04 pm
Suspended

The question of whether or not transfers from Amex Canada qualify for the 25% bonus has been definitively answered: They replied to an inquiry by rewardscanada.ca and the Etihad webpage has been updated to include Canada.
Apartments here i come!!

Last edited by BenSenise; Nov 18, 2015 at 2:09 pm
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by BenSenise
The question of whether or not transfers from Amex Canada qualify for the 25% bonus has been definitively answered: They replied to an inquiry by rewardscanada.ca and the Etihad webpage has been updated to include Canada.
Apartments here i come!!
I truly hope you can find space. After the AA deval earlier this week, I checked F availability on one route, DFW-AUH. Not one day available through 10/16. Admittedly, it's only one route, but prior to the deval, there were lots of F suites on that route. I hope you can find what you want! I flew apartments, AUH-LHR in May. It was fun, for sure!
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: Canadian Points University
Canadian Points University - Vancouver (Jan 16)

Hello fellow Canadian FTers!

Canadian Points University is excited to kickoff the first ever all-Canadian points conference in Vancouver on Jan 16! Join Canadian Kilometers, Rewards Canada, Pointshogger, Canadian Travel Hacking and other fellow Canadian travel hobbyists in a full day of points extravaganza.

Come learn, network, and share your knowledge. Promo FLYER20 for $20 off ticket price.

Help spread the word! Looking forward to seeing you all in Vancouver.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 4:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by pointsu.ca
Hello fellow Canadian FTers!

Canadian Points University is excited to kickoff the first ever all-Canadian points conference in Vancouver on Jan 16! Join Canadian Kilometers, Rewards Canada, Pointshogger, Canadian Travel Hacking and other fellow Canadian travel hobbyists in a full day of points extravaganza.

Come learn, network, and share your knowledge. Promo FLYER20 for $20 off ticket price.

Help spread the word! Looking forward to seeing you all in Vancouver.
Speaking of Canadian Kilometres (you have it misspelled, btw).

https://twitter.com/spgassist/status/667622660944306176

Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Speaking of Canadian Kilometres (you have it misspelled, btw).
No, it's spelled correctly. Try canadiankilometres.com and see where it gets you...
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No, it's spelled correctly. Try canadiankilometres.com and see where it gets you...
Whoops, guess he's the one who misspelled it to start with... :P
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:41 am
alc

Chase had post some info about the Sears MC moving over to Scotiabank:

https://www.chase.com/online/canada/scotiabank-main.htm

I read thru it quickly and can't find whether they will continue "no fx" feature on the card. But it does look like they will discontinue the Sears Card and the Sears Voyage MC, the only card they are keeping is the Sears MC.

I haven't applied the Rogers MC that was mentioned by Toronto1970 on post #2648. I am just waiting for an email from Rogers asking me to apply (which usually lead to some additional bonus )
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by alc
Chase had post some info about the Sears MC moving over to Scotiabank:

https://www.chase.com/online/canada/scotiabank-main.htm

I read thru it quickly and can't find whether they will continue "no fx" feature on the card. But it does look like they will discontinue the Sears Card and the Sears Voyage MC, the only card they are keeping is the Sears MC.

I haven't applied the Rogers MC that was mentioned by Toronto1970 on post #2648. I am just waiting for an email from Rogers asking me to apply (which usually lead to some additional bonus )
alc,

I received something in the email or postal mail, about a month ago. I don't think there was any special bonus offer other than something like $30 welcome bonus, but I wasn't interested in the card so I ignored it. I do recall though that it said I was pre-approved to get the card, so at least it would save a credit pull. But, these days that just means it's saving me 1 or 2 points in the ding-o-meter. Plus, it just means another card to heap on the pile, and I think you have to setup your Rogers bill as a PAD to get the fees waived. Incentive was too small for me, so I blinked and looked elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.