MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rsoares28
Can anyone point me in the direction of a place where i can discuss the above?
The only place on FT would be Coupon Connection, which requires you to have amassed 180 substantive posts to gain access.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The only place on FT would be Coupon Connection, which requires you to have amassed 180 substantive posts to gain access.
And have been a member for 180 days. Which s/he has, but for the sake of clarity for other new members.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: A3 Silver
I must be lucky - I applied for the TD Aeroplan infinite card on Sunday, was approved instantly, and yesterday received an email from GCR that the cash back went through. The application was buggy though, some of the popups that you have to open and accept took a few tries to work.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by montezume
I must be lucky - I applied for the TD Aeroplan infinite card on Sunday, was approved instantly, and yesterday received an email from GCR that the cash back went through. The application was buggy though, some of the popups that you have to open and accept took a few tries to work.
I always apply by phone. I find it saferr. Currently have 2 TD cards. Has any ever tried and been successful for 3?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by montezume
So it's back to a 'functional' buggy state that it was at, earlier this year. Time to try again.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
So it's back to a 'functional' buggy state that it was at, earlier this year. Time to try again.
Good enough for me!

I gave it a go and did not have any obvious problems with the legendary, beloved TD application process. Got the AE number in there and everything. However, my application is "under review" with a response I promised in the next couple of days. (I think I got this same answer during my previous attempts which ultimately proved successful)

Just one question though, when prompted for your TD customer info, is it better to include your TD Easyweb login info, or apply as a "new customer" even if you already have a TD AVI?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Can anybody point me to Coupon Connection - the first I've heard of this place?

Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Cruban
Can anybody point me to Coupon Connection - the first I've heard of this place?

Thanks.
Right here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I always apply by phone. I find it saferr. Currently have 2 TD cards. Has any ever tried and been successful for 3?
Not sure what's unsafe about applying online but you're leaving money on the table (currently $60) by not even trying to go through GCR.

Are you saying you currently have 2 TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite cards, or just 2 different cards in the TD family?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
Good enough for me!

I gave it a go and did not have any obvious problems with the legendary, beloved TD application process. Got the AE number in there and everything. However, my application is "under review" with a response I promised in the next couple of days. (I think I got this same answer during my previous attempts which ultimately proved successful)
Sigh... reee-jected for TD AVI #3 to go along with my current pair + cashback MC.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by heraclitus
Thanks^
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:22 pm

With the TD Aeroplan card, how strict are they about income? My partner is a student. TD gave him the TD First Class card, when he opened an account with them, despite low income. Would that mean that he'd qualify for the TD Aeroplan, or did he just get lucky?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by nucleosidase
With the TD Aeroplan card, how strict are they about income? My partner is a student. TD gave him the TD First Class card, when he opened an account with them, despite low income. Would that mean that he'd qualify for the TD Aeroplan, or did he just get lucky?
Probably lucky

and I wouldn't try any VISA INFINITE or MC World Elite if your income is nowhere near 60K. 50-55K, maybe okay, buff it up a bit with "additional unknown income"
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
and I wouldn't try any VISA INFINITE or MC World Elite if your income is nowhere near 60K. 50-55K, maybe okay, buff it up a bit with "additional unknown income"
Why do you say this Jerry? I was approved for the TD Visa Infinite despite fitting the criteria you mentioned... would they retroactively ask for proof of income?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Transfer your SPG points to Singapore. And I disagree with the previous poster: SQ F is one of the truly great flight experiences you will ever have, and well worth the points! I've flown it several times. Get the A-380, from Singapore to NA. Give yourself ample time to fully enjoy The Private Room at Changi. Try to book a middle seat and hope that no one is next to you so you can sleep on the only double bed in the sky. Pre-order your Lobster Thermidor, and enjoy one of the most cool, fun experiences of your life! My 2 cents...
SQ is not the only airline with a double bed in the sky.
Etihad has a double bed. You'll have to fly The Residence on their A380.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.